• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Bowman seems like a punk to me. Spikes is a class act. Whats the rush to get Bowman in the line up anyway? He was a 3rd round pick. Usually guys like that are on the Niner's 5 year development plan.

You're not alone in thinking he's a punk. It seems like hardly a play goes by without Bowman jawing at the ref. Not real smart, rookie.

Also, good point about the development plan. I'd wager that Bowman might be Sing's pet project, hence the accelerated schedule.

Bowman sucks I remember on the Carolina games has a lot of miss tackles and blown coverage. One of the most crucial third down play vs. Carolina was Bowmans fault.

Remember I am the negative poster around here. But why don't you think about it this way.

Why not chalk it up to rookie mistakes and a learning curve and assume he is going to improve. What would you rather have.....Bowman being one of the root causes to a loss in 2010 becoming 1-6...OR Bowman being one of the root causes to a loss in 2011 becoming 3-4??? So would you rather have Spikes help 2010 Niners be 2-5 or possible Bowman helping 2011 Niners be 4-3 or 5-2 or something???

The basic concept is to have as many of your 22 starters playing their best ball at the same time. This obviously was not the case in 2010, but it still can be in 2011.

This concept is one that is generally lost on most fans, because all most fans care about is "this season"....even when this season is already a lost cause.

I get what your saying but I also think that they have thrown in rookies a little bit too fast. We were 1-5 at Carolina with a some what of a delusional chance at making a playoff run, never the less we still had a chance. I would have played all the vets at least until half the season.

That brings up a great question that I always had. Whats the proper thing to do? Wait until mathematical elimination or wait until the probablilities reach a certain level. I am more of a probabilities guy myself, cus a lot of really bad teams don't get eliminated until December.

I am willing to say with enough confidence that this team has no shot at winning a Super Bowl, a one in a billion shot at appearing in a Super Bowl, a very slim shot at winning a playoff game, and a slim shot at winning the division.

IF IF IF, you agree with the above....I would say rookie development should start now and was not premature even earlier. Especially if you really only care about a Super Bowl. I honestly question the motives of a person who just wants this team to win the division at any cost right now.

So you would not want to see this team magically turn its season around and win the rest of its games to get into the playoffs and lose in first round ?
Bowman seems like a punk to me. Spikes is a class act. Whats the rush to get Bowman in the line up anyway? He was a 3rd round pick. Usually guys like that are on the Niner's 5 year development plan.

You're not alone in thinking he's a punk. It seems like hardly a play goes by without Bowman jawing at the ref. Not real smart, rookie.

Also, good point about the development plan. I'd wager that Bowman might be Sing's pet project, hence the accelerated schedule.

Bowman sucks I remember on the Carolina games has a lot of miss tackles and blown coverage. One of the most crucial third down play vs. Carolina was Bowmans fault.

Remember I am the negative poster around here. But why don't you think about it this way.

Why not chalk it up to rookie mistakes and a learning curve and assume he is going to improve. What would you rather have.....Bowman being one of the root causes to a loss in 2010 becoming 1-6...OR Bowman being one of the root causes to a loss in 2011 becoming 3-4??? So would you rather have Spikes help 2010 Niners be 2-5 or possible Bowman helping 2011 Niners be 4-3 or 5-2 or something???
The basic concept is to have as many of your 22 starters playing their best ball at the same time. This obviously was not the case in 2010, but it still can be in 2011.

This concept is one that is generally lost on most fans, because all most fans care about is "this season"....even when this season is already a lost cause.

Sorry man, but that logic is flawed. When your 1-5 with game in hand you dont put in the rookie over the wiley (very capable) vet. There is a significant diffrence between 2-5 and 1-6 at least from a morale stand point. Secondly, I dont think that he needs to be playing every critical snap now in order to be better in 2011. We should work him in slowly, like on non-critical plays and drives. And above all else, he needs to prove he deserves to be on the field.

P.S. Most of us have spent the better part of this decade looking to "next season", we are over it. At some point you have to live in the hear and now.

And the P.S. represents your logic flaw. It doesn't matter when you are over looking to next season. That is an emotional stance. You should only stop looking to the future when the present team is good enough to only think of the here and now. Since 2002...the 49ers have never fielded a team worthy of eliminating long term strategies, because they never performed well enough to earn that place. 2010 is no exception. So while you may be over it........it still does not change the reality that once again, the San Francisco 49ers have fielded a team that is not capable of competing for a Championship. Try telling a 15 year old kid who just started following the Niners this year to live in the moment with this team.

I get what your saying but I also think that they have thrown in rookies a little bit too fast. We were 1-5 at Carolina with a some what of a delusional chance at making a playoff run, never the less we still had a chance. I would have played all the vets at least until half the season.

That brings up a great question that I always had. Whats the proper thing to do? Wait until mathematical elimination or wait until the probablilities reach a certain level. I am more of a probabilities guy myself, cus a lot of really bad teams don't get eliminated until December.

I am willing to say with enough confidence that this team has no shot at winning a Super Bowl, a one in a billion shot at appearing in a Super Bowl, a very slim shot at winning a playoff game, and a slim shot at winning the division.

IF IF IF, you agree with the above....I would say rookie development should start now and was not premature even earlier. Especially if you really only care about a Super Bowl. I honestly question the motives of a person who just wants this team to win the division at any cost right now.

Football is a game of competition, and if the rookie isn't the better player, then his *ss shouldn't be on the field. If he studies, practices hard, and makes himself the better option on gameday, then he plays. If not, then he sits his *ss on the bench until he does so, or the vet retires.......PERIOD!

So you would not want to see this team magically turn its season around and win the rest of its games to get into the playoffs and lose in first round ?

First off, nothing I know about the NFL tells me that is going to happen regardless of what I desire.

Second, sure I desire that......but not at the risk of hurting my projected 2011 lineups development. If one wants to argue that we can achieve both that is valid....but highly debatable...in which case I will just re state what I said first....that in all likelihood there is nothing Sing can do for this team to win the Division
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

Football is a game of competition, and if the rookie isn't the better player, then his *ss shouldn't be on the field. If he studies, practices hard, and makes himself the better option on gameday, then he plays. If not, then he sits his *ss on the bench until he does so, or the vet retires.......PERIOD!

That does not apply in the NFL. Great Values to teach our sons but the NFL is a business. Do I really have to point out all the instances where a NFL coach adjusts his depth chart based on Franchise outlooks, contract sizes, contract lengths, ages???? Cmon man........lets keep it real.

Sorry man, but that logic is flawed. When your 1-5 with game in hand you dont put in the rookie over the wiley (very capable) vet. There is a significant diffrence between 2-5 and 1-6 at least from a morale stand point. Secondly, I dont think that he needs to be playing every critical snap now in order to be better in 2011. We should work him in slowly, like on non-critical plays and drives. And above all else, he needs to prove he deserves to be on the field.

P.S. Most of us have spent the better part of this decade looking to "next season", we are over it. At some point you have to live in the hear and now.

And the P.S. represents your logic flaw. It doesn't matter when you are over looking to next season. That is an emotional stance. You should only stop looking to the future when the present team is good enough to only think of the here and now. Since 2002...the 49ers have never fielded a team worthy of eliminating long term strategies, because they never performed well enough to earn that place. 2010 is no exception. So while you may be over it........it still does not change the reality that once again, the San Francisco 49ers have fielded a team that is not capable of competing for a Championship. Try telling a 15 year old kid who just started following the Niners this year to live in the moment with this team.

I dont disagree, but I think you can make an arguement the season was not lost being that we are in the NFC west. 9-7 just might get it done and most of remaining teams on our schedule (much like us) are nothing to write home about. In addition, as a season ticket holder a paid for the Niners to play a full season! I'm willing to make them a deal. They pay me my money back (pro rata of course) and they can admit to tanking the rest of the season. Sounds fair to me.

I dont disagree, but I think you can make an arguement the season was not lost being that we are in the NFC west. 9-7 just might get it done and most of remaining teams on our schedule (much like us) are nothing to write home about. In addition, as a season ticket holder a paid for the Niners to play a full season! I'm willing to make them a deal. They pay me my money back (pro rata of course) and they can admit to tanking the rest of the season. Sounds fair to me.

You have a great point that I always forget about. The ticket holders Sometimes I just forget that there are actually people who buy the tickets.

Admittedly. my views only would benefit the fans who are not attending the games of the said developmental season(I like that term better than tanked).
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by verb1der:
"Do I want to play (more on third downs?), "Yeah. That's where I made my name. That's where I made all my plays. Can I play it? Man, I don't have to say it myself. You turn the film on and you know that. But for some unknown reasons ... he wanted to save me for the rest of the season. But my stance on that is just the fact that if we ain't winning, ain't nobody going to be saved for the season. Period."~Spikes

That is so sad

Very sad. He is basically saying, since there is no more season to salvage, LET ME PLAY!
Spikes needs to prove his worth so he can sign with another team in the offseason after we let him go...We are doing him dirty by keeping him out of key situations for a rookie instead. He is going to look bad around the league.

We treat our players like s**t even though we suck ass. What a f**ked up team this is.

Sorry dont care cuz the Vet is feeling bad. If he aint making the plays then he aint making them. Thats right michael lewis got picked up real quick huh! Sing may not be a good head coach but i think he still knows a thing or 2 about the LB position.

Bowman is the future of this team and basically needs more PT then spikes. He is a great guy but maybe hes not getting to his assignments like he is supposed to be.

That does not apply in the NFL. Great Values to teach our sons but the NFL is a business. Do I really have to point out all the instances where a NFL coach adjusts his depth chart based on Franchise outlooks, contract sizes, contract lengths, ages???? Cmon man........lets keep it real.

The NFL has become more of a business than a game, and that's the problem. I actually hope the owners strong arm the players and lock thier *sses out next season until they all come back crying for a paycheck. If I was an owner I wouldn't budge on sh*t that involved giving these guys more money!
Spikes has 36 tackles 1 INT and 3 Pass deflections
Hes easily our best coverage LB.. i dont get it

Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sing and the coaching staff is just clueless. Let's take out one of the true leaders and one of the guys still playing with some actual fire and heart and throw in a rookie.

true. you can't lead by example and teach the younger guys behind you if you are sitting on the bench during critical downs. bowman has a lot to learn, and the crash course he is taking hurts the rest of the team and pisses off one of your defensive leaders. dumb ass coach.

Dude, do you want a superbowl in near the future or a division title this year?

I dont disagree, but I think you can make an arguement the season was not lost being that we are in the NFC west. 9-7 just might get it done and most of remaining teams on our schedule (much like us) are nothing to write home about. In addition, as a season ticket holder I paid for the Niners to play a full season! I'm willing to make them a deal. They pay me my money back (pro rata of course) and they can admit to tanking the rest of the season. Sounds fair to me.

You have a great point that I always forget about. The ticket holders Sometimes I just forget that there are actually people who buy the tickets.

Admittedly. my views only would benefit the fans who are not attending the games of the said developmental season(I like that term better than tanked).

Politician by chance? Anyway, I'm sure you would agree that part of a "developmental season" is learning how to win. Thats the whole concept behind "veteran leadership" both in the locker room and on the field. Everyone knows (except Singleminded) that TKO is one of the team leaders on defense.

It's funny to me how guys like Billacheat can take "washed up vets" and other team's "cast-offs" and turn them in to super stars, but guys like TKO ( who I thought was having his best season as a Niner) is suddenly bench....could it be he pissed off Chairman Singletary?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by true49erfan:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sing and the coaching staff is just clueless. Let's take out one of the true leaders and one of the guys still playing with some actual fire and heart and throw in a rookie.

true. you can't lead by example and teach the younger guys behind you if you are sitting on the bench during critical downs. bowman has a lot to learn, and the crash course he is taking hurts the rest of the team and pisses off one of your defensive leaders. dumb ass coach.

Dude, do you want a superbowl in near the future or a division title this year?

And playing Bowman over a very good vet LB is going to accomplish that?
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Spikes has 36 tackles 1 INT and 3 Pass deflections
Hes easily our best coverage LB.. i dont get it

Singletary says watch the film

The NFL has become more of a business than a game, and that's the problem. I actually hope the owners strong arm the players and lock thier *sses out next season until they all come back crying for a paycheck. If I was an owner I wouldn't budge on sh*t that involved giving these guys more money!

I can't see many players crawling back for a pay check, realistically they can go play football somewhere else and get paid a decent amount for it. But if the owners want more games than they need to pay the players for it.
Share 49ersWebzone