There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is the worst QB to play a game in the York Era?

Who is the worst QB to play a game in the York Era?

• BobS
  • Veteran
Somebody should put up Dorsey's numbers, I think he averaged about 100 yds a game passing.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
funny, but if you look at this s**tty list, alex is by far the best of them all. what can also be said is that he BEAT the majority of these clowns. HE IS OUR ONLY OPTION up to this point. we tried them all and they all failed. this doesn't mean that Alex is the tops in the NFL, it just means he still remains our best option. that will change come draft time-i hope. but my vote goes to bareback pickett. this list is a sad reminder of our poor drafting and signings.

Tim Rattay and Shaun Hill have played as good or better than Alex Smith.

and yet, one is out of the league and the other is a back-up. i am not saying you are wrong, but you can look at this in two ways: 1. our organization/coaching is so bullheaded and dumb, that they don't know when to cut ties for the betterment (is that a word?) of the team. 2. smith is really JUST good enough to stay alive and be our starter.

either way, this list gives me a headache.

No, Smith had too much money invested in him and at one point had too much time invested in him. If he doesn't restructure for that "last chance", he's also out.

You make the comment in bold but forgot my original comment:

"Tim Rattay and Shaun Hill have played as good or better than Alex Smith."

i thought i answered that with "and yet one is out of the league..."

i cannot argue that money and time have been invested on smith, and that they both play factors in him still being the starter-and they are also reasons why (somewhat) hill and rattay are gone. but couldn't you see alex starting elsewhere? i can't see rattay and hill holding down starting jobs (winning that job). but i can see alex doing it.
The sad part is all of the names. So many many names. I remember when all of our backups were promising prospects. Now we can't even find a starter. When will the misery end?
You know I never thought about this before now. Probably because we went from Joe to Steve, to Jeff. But is there a longer list of starters over the same period of time by another NFL team?
Originally posted by VA49er:
You know I never thought about this before now. Probably because we went from Joe to Steve, to Jeff. But is there a longer list of starters over the same period of time by another NFL team?

Just the teams that are known for that. Bucs, Browns, Lions, Bengals....heck Colts and Patriots probably have similiar runs.......and now the 49ers.

s**t, if Locker, Luck or Mallet bust out for the Niners too.......this streak can be record setting for sure.....because you know after the Dorks spend their top pick on QB again they are going to do the same thing....only bring in scrubs to keep the darling as comfortable as possible
funny, but if you look at this s**tty list, alex is by far the best of them all. what can also be said is that he BEAT the majority of these clowns. HE IS OUR ONLY OPTION up to this point. we tried them all and they all failed. this doesn't mean that Alex is the tops in the NFL, it just means he still remains our best option. that will change come draft time-i hope. but my vote goes to bareback pickett. this list is a sad reminder of our poor drafting and signings.

and yet, one is out of the league and the other is a back-up. i am not saying you are wrong, but you can look at this in two ways: 1. our organization/coaching is so bullheaded and dumb, that they don't know when to cut ties for the betterment (is that a word?) of the team. 2. smith is really JUST good enough to stay alive and be our starter.

No, Smith had too much money invested in him and at one point had too much time invested in him. If he doesn't restructure for that "last chance", he's also out.

i cannot argue that money and time have been invested on smith, and that they both play factors in him still being the starter-and they are also reasons why (somewhat) hill and rattay are gone. but couldn't you see alex starting elsewhere? i can't see rattay and hill holding down starting jobs (winning that job). but i can see alex doing it.

I just don't see him starting anywhere on the sole fact that he had difficulty starting over those same QB's that didn't make it on a team that WANTS him to perform well and were supporting him with all they could in the past two years.

We think he has played well but he hasn't. Inaccuracy is the worst trait a coach wants in a QB no different than running bad routes is the worst trait a QB wants in a WR. He's inconsistent with crap talent and he's just as inconsistent with better talent. That alone is a huge tell.
I dont wanna pick. This list just makes me wanna
We are in the same category as the Lions, Browns, Bills and what ever other s**tty teams there are.

I just don't see him starting anywhere on the sole fact that he had difficulty starting over those same QB's that didn't make it on a team that WANTS him to perform well and were supporting him with all they could in the past two years.

We think he has played well but he hasn't. Inaccuracy is the worst trait a coach wants in a QB no different than running bad routes is the worst trait a QB wants in a WR. He's inconsistent with crap talent and he's just as inconsistent with better talent. That alone is a huge tell.

we'll know for sure once he signs elsewhere-and i do hope he signs elsewhere. i am no the "i told you so" type, but... if he does succeed elsewhere, what does that say about our team? to me it says that we could not properly coach a QB and his team to succeed. we will look worse than smith will when all is said and done.

we'll know for sure once he signs elsewhere-and i do hope he signs elsewhere. i am no the "i told you so" type, but... if he does succeed elsewhere, what does that say about our team? to me it says that we could not properly coach a QB and his team to succeed. we will look worse than smith will when all is said and done.

But wouldn't that mean Hill, OSullivan, or Rattay could also succeed elsewhere. I mean, if the team is holding the QB back, then wouldn't that be the case.

I will say this: if he does, it will be the biggest underdog story in the NFL. I just don't believe you get outplayed by players who aren't in the league and make it anywhere. Those types of players who make it elsewhere never had an opportunity to show what they had to begin with.

But wouldn't that mean Hill, OSullivan, or Rattay could also succeed elsewhere. I mean, if the team is holding the QB back, then wouldn't that be the case.

I will say this: if he does, it will be the biggest underdog story in the NFL. I just don't believe you get outplayed by players who aren't in the league and make it anywhere. Those types of players who make it elsewhere never had an opportunity to show what they had to begin with.

but they haven't succeeded. they had shots elsewhere and failed, and the great thing about alex signing elsewhere (hopefully) is that all debates in NT will all be over. he will either be a successful QB or not and fade like the others.

it would be a HUGE story if he even salvage his career. he's had plenty of opportunity here. some success.
The worst was JT. The best was Shaun Hill.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
most depressing trip down memory lane that I have ever taken in my life. Please delete this thread.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prime21:
The worst was JT. The best was Shaun Hill.

He was a turn over machine, but at least he moved the ball. Dorsey rarely got back to back first downs on a drive.
  • ZRF80
Its gotta be Alex Smith. Just based on the fact that he was given 6 years worth of opportunities, as opposed to the other guys that got a lot less............