LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 99 users in the forums

Who is the worst QB to play a game in the York Era?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the worst QB to play a game in the York Era?

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
dont even remember stenstrom. wienke and carr put up the most horrible performances i seem to remember. id still say carr. the dude threw like 4 times and still ended up with a pick and the coaches didnt trust him to throw the ball, atleast the others could be trusted to throw the ball a little. i dunno why they didnt just cut carr and bring up Nate as the 3rd stringer. what good is he if you cant trust him to throw the ball?

To be fair, he threw 13 times, not 4. But I agree, he sucks and should be cut.
Originally posted by new49er:
Ken Dorsey!
and Timmy Rattay
even though i have his jersey

Tim Rattay was one of the best QBs of the York's sorry ass era. I know that's not saying much at all because the only good QB to play any game during their ownership was Jeff Garcia, but no way was Rattay the worst.

Rattay >>>> Alex Smith.
JT cause I was forced to watch that crap
Steve "Stench"strom has got to be the worst. Dorsey and Picket following close behind.

Too many young fans here for this poll to be right.
Wow. It hurts just to read that list of QB's. And to think we had Joe and Steve from 1979-1998.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by new49er:
Ken Dorsey!
and Timmy Rattay
even though i have his jersey

Tim Rattay was one of the best QBs of the York's sorry ass era. I know that's not saying much at all because the only good QB to play any game during their ownership was Jeff Garcia, but no way was Rattay the worst.

Rattay >>>> Alex Smith.

My best memories of Rattay were in 2003 when we beat the Steelers on Monday Night. He had a good game. And in the opener of the 2005 season vs. the Rams. I was in Vegas at the ESPN Zone for that opener and all I heard was how Bulger was going to kill us. We shut them up after that. Rattay had his moments.
dont even remember stenstrom. wienke and carr put up the most horrible performances i seem to remember. id still say carr. the dude threw like 4 times and still ended up with a pick and the coaches didnt trust him to throw the ball, atleast the others could be trusted to throw the ball a little. i dunno why they didnt just cut carr and bring up Nate as the 3rd stringer. what good is he if you cant trust him to throw the ball?

whatever it was it was a horrible showing. i dont remember how many he completed but it was horrible watching him play.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
JT cause I was forced to watch that crap

I would start JT right now over Carr and Troy Smith.

whatever it was it was a horrible showing. i dont remember how many he completed but it was horrible watching him play.

I agree, but Alex has had stretches just as bad, yet nobody comes down on him as hard as they are on David Carr. Just saying..

That being said, David Carr is trash and we knew that coming into the season. He shouldn't even be in the NFL, much less on the 49ers.
has to be Steve Stenstrom. Wasn't he inserted into the starting lineup because Jeff Garcia was playing poorly initially, only for Mooch to go back with Garcia because Stenstrom was worse?

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Cody Pickett had that game where he completed 1 pass.

That's hard to top.

Ahh, the windy Soldier Field game.

And if I'm not mistaken, the 9ers still almost won this game somehow, I think Vasher returned a missed FG 108 yds or something...
Share 49ersWebzone