LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Who is the worst QB to play a game in the York Era?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the worst QB to play a game in the York Era?

steve stenstrom. HANDS DOWN
funny, but if you look at this s**tty list, alex is by far the best of them all. what can also be said is that he BEAT the majority of these clowns. HE IS OUR ONLY OPTION up to this point. we tried them all and they all failed. this doesn't mean that Alex is the tops in the NFL, it just means he still remains our best option. that will change come draft time-i hope. but my vote goes to bareback pickett. this list is a sad reminder of our poor drafting and signings.
Alex Picket
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Cody, Cody, Cody...

agree
Originally posted by 76Razor:
funny, but if you look at this s**tty list, alex is by far the best of them all. what can also be said is that he BEAT the majority of these clowns. HE IS OUR ONLY OPTION up to this point. we tried them all and they all failed. this doesn't mean that Alex is the tops in the NFL, it just means he still remains our best option. that will change come draft time-i hope. but my vote goes to bareback pickett. this list is a sad reminder of our poor drafting and signings.

Tim Rattay and Shaun Hill have played as good or better than Alex Smith.
Whoever didn't pick Chris Weinke, clearly glanced over the name and didn't recall his one start against the Browns. Chris Weinke was not an NFL qb, he was cut by the team that drafted him and unemployed for years at a time. Atleast the other names on that list showed enough athleticism and NFL potential to either get drafted pretty high or do well in a few games.

To top it off he was up there in age. He was not only a has been, but never was when he got his start with us.

Atleast guys like Picket showed potential in games and a general athleticism.

I'm sorry, but if you picked Alex Smith, Tim Rattay, Shaun Hill or even Trent Dilfer, you clearly don't know football.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Oct 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
It has been a parade of losers!!!

Shaun Hill had a winning record here and Nate Davis has never played in a game.

You FAIL.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Whoever didn't pick Chris Weinke, clearly glanced over the name and didn't recall his one start against the Browns. Chris Weinke was not an NFL qb, he was cut by the team that drafted him and unemployed for years at a time. H was not only a has been, but never was when he got his start with us.

Chris Weinke, in his rookie year played almost as good as Alex Smith's best year. Don't mind the interceptions, he was a rookie and they weren't all his fault.

Can people start seeing the pattern here?
Originally posted by Joecool:

and yet, one is out of the league and the other is a back-up. i am not saying you are wrong, but you can look at this in two ways: 1. our organization/coaching is so bullheaded and dumb, that they don't know when to cut ties for the betterment (is that a word?) of the team. 2. smith is really JUST good enough to stay alive and be our starter.

either way, this list gives me a headache.
funny, but if you look at this s**tty list, alex is by far the best of them all.

Shaun Hill >>>> Alex Smith
Tim Rattay >>>> Alex Smith
[ Edited by 49erRider on Oct 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM ]

and yet, one is out of the league and the other is a back-up. i am not saying you are wrong, but you can look at this in two ways: 1. our organization/coaching is so bullheaded and dumb, that they don't know when to cut ties for the betterment (is that a word?) of the team. 2. smith is really JUST good enough to stay alive and be our starter.

either way, this list gives me a headache.

No, Smith had too much money invested in him and at one point had too much time invested in him. If he doesn't restructure for that "last chance", he's also out.

You make the comment in bold but forgot my original comment:

"Tim Rattay and Shaun Hill have played as good or better than Alex Smith."
Steve Stenstrom was the worst hands down.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
My vote was for Dorsey. He had the worst arm I've ever seen on an NFL QB.

Stenstrom was horrible...

Dorsey had to wind up like he was throwing a bomb to get it 5 yards short on a 10 yard out. He gets my vote. That list sure brings back some bad memories.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Whoever didn't pick Chris Weinke, clearly glanced over the name and didn't recall his one start against the Browns. Chris Weinke was not an NFL qb, he was cut by the team that drafted him and unemployed for years at a time. H was not only a has been, but never was when he got his start with us.

Chris Weinke, in his rookie year played almost as good as Alex Smith's best year. Don't mind the interceptions, he was a rookie and they weren't all his fault.

Can people start seeing the pattern here?

Here are His career statistics:

Completion %: 54.4%
Yards: 3,904
TD: 15
INT: 26
Rating: 62.2

His entire career he has had better weapons and offensive line play than Alex Smith... and Alex's sophomore campaign was night and day better than any year Chris Weinke ever had....

Chris Weinke's Best Year (and all other years aren't remotely close to this)

Completion Percentage: 54.3%
Yards: 2931
TD: 11
INT: 19
Rating: 62

Alex Smith 2006

Completion Percentage: 58.1%
Yards: 2,890
TD: 16
INT: 16
Rating: 74.8

Alex Smith 2008 (in just 10 full games)

Completion Percentage: 60.5%
Yards: 2,350
TD: 18
INT: 12
Rating: 81.5

Yes, Chris Weinke looked like a game manager as a rookie, but he was also 29 years old as a rookie, where as Alex Smith was 20/21. The fact that he won the Heisman and was a draft afterthought can attest to how little NFL potential Weinke had. He was a guy with a low ceiling set, but a floor to be a bad/yet servicable option to get through games. When he played for us he was 35 years old!!! He was bad in his prime, and 35 years old at the time he played for us. Even Hall of Fame players are after thoughts at the age of 35, yet alone a player who was bad in his best year, and out of the league for over half of his career span. Show me the option with Alex Smith playing at 35 and I might consider it.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Oct 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone