LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers gotta take care of buisness this week!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Here's something that does bother me just a tad.

The offensive game plan was FAXED to Troy Smith -- who is in Ohio -- according to the Matt Barrows report.

Question: What is Troy doing there?

Don't get me wrong now. He's probably got family back there. But -- for the first time -- he's been handed the keys to an NFL franchise. If he can lead this team out of the woods and into the playoffs -- then he's got a good shot of retaining his hold on the starting QB spot into next season.

Question? Why isn't he at 49er central WORKING HIS TAIL OFF? Not Tuesday or Wednesday but -- RIGHT NOW!

You don't often get a golden opportunity to play QB in this league. Very rarely does a starting opportunity come your way for a second time.

It seems -- to me -- that you would embrace that opportunity by staying AT THE WORKPLACE until the season is over.

Now -- all of you probably know how I feel about Alex Smith My feelings are fairly well documented.

But I don't like this development one bit. Alex is in Santa Clara and Troy is??????

Not?

Don't like it.

FWIW Troy Smith stayed an extra day last week before going back home

How about sticking around period?

Or -- am I being too harsh on the kid?

Seems to me -- with just one win under his belt -- he'd do better by sticking around.

Nah I agree. Alex sucks but last year at the bye when he was getting ready to possibly replace Hill he stuck around and threw passes to Crabtree for the the week to get him ready to play. Troy played pretty well but he should be here getting more chemistry with his guys. But hopefully it turns out ok.

Alex stays every waking hour at the 49ers facility, and for some reason that didn't help him.

Maybe Nate is trying a different route.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Here's something that does bother me just a tad.

The offensive game plan was FAXED to Troy Smith -- who is in Ohio -- according to the Matt Barrows report.

Question: What is Troy doing there?

Don't get me wrong now. He's probably got family back there. But -- for the first time -- he's been handed the keys to an NFL franchise. If he can lead this team out of the woods and into the playoffs -- then he's got a good shot of retaining his hold on the starting QB spot into next season.

Question? Why isn't he at 49er central WORKING HIS TAIL OFF? Not Tuesday or Wednesday but -- RIGHT NOW!

You don't often get a golden opportunity to play QB in this league. Very rarely does a starting opportunity come your way for a second time.

It seems -- to me -- that you would embrace that opportunity by staying AT THE WORKPLACE until the season is over.

Now -- all of you probably know how I feel about Alex Smith My feelings are fairly well documented.

But I don't like this development one bit. Alex is in Santa Clara and Troy is??????

Not?

Don't like it.

FWIW Troy Smith stayed an extra day last week before going back home

How about sticking around period?

Or -- am I being too harsh on the kid?

Seems to me -- with just one win under his belt -- he'd do better by sticking around.

Nah I agree. Alex sucks but last year at the bye when he was getting ready to possibly replace Hill he stuck around and threw passes to Crabtree for the the week to get him ready to play. Troy played pretty well but he should be here getting more chemistry with his guys. But hopefully it turns out ok.

Alex stays every waking hour at the 49ers facility, and for some reason that didn't help him.

Maybe Nate is trying a different route.

Who faxes anything, ever hear of .pdf's?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Who faxes anything, ever hear of .pdf's?

Dat got somethin' ta do with the dad-gum Yahoo guy?
What do y'all think the atmosphere is gonna be like at the Stick on Sunday? I'ma be there and I hope it's gonna be off the hook loud. The last time I remember it being loud when I was there was the last time we played the raiders in o6. I've made it to 2 games last year and wasn't impressed with the enthusiasm of the crowd, then again we were playing the Rams and the Lions those games. Lots of writers are calling this a must win for the 9ers and I hope the fans are feeling the same way. This weak division is ours for the taking, we just need to step up and take it.
IMO, no surprise that it's going to be a tough game, and pretty close throughout given how evenly matched these teams are. If we don't get pressure on Bradford, he'll pick us apart in key situations which will likely be the difference.

Bottom line, if our defense plays well, we will win. If they struggle, we're screwed. The D has to put the team on its collective backs and carry us this week...unfortunately, I'm not completely sure they're talented enough to do it.

~ 17-14, 49ers win, if we pressure Bradford into making poor decisions/cause turnovers
~ 24-14 Rams win, if we can't force Bradford into mistakes and stop him in key situations
I'm actually a little more optimistic. I see a couple of TD passes out of Troy -- and a running TD as well. Combine that with two rushing TD's for Frank and what you have is this:

49ers: 42
Reams: 14

And -- after this game -- there will be zero talk about replacing Troy for Alex in the starting rotation. Troy will have CEMENTED his role as the starting QB for the rest of the season.

In fact -- if Alex keeps popping off about Dingleberry -- I wouldn't be surprise to see Alex getting booted at some point.

But that's just my fondest wish come true.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM ]
Rookie QB on the road playing in an offense worse than ours:

49ers 17
Rams 9

The Rams defense is overrated. If our offense cuts the turnovers and Nate decides to down a game-winning INT, our defensive stats would be on par with the Rams.
stop steven jackson and cover that little f**k amendola and we'll win the game......to me this is a battle of 2 of the best players in the league, jackson and gore, the player that takes the most pressure of their qb will win

I'm kinda worried that with Michael Lewis on the Rams roster they'll be calling out our plays at the line of scrimmage.
I believe our D will step up and stop Jackson on first and second downs. It's Bradford's uncanny ability to make plays on third downs that worries me especially with our secondary. Manusky is going to have to mask his rushers better and probably go with a nickel or dime package on third downs...very similar to what we did against AZ on MNF last year.

Our secondary play on third down will dictate just how well they will do. We have to stop their momentum and carry it over to our offense.

Our OL has to step up big time especially A. Davis against their pass rush. If he can snap out of it and do well like he did in London, then we have a solid chance of executing plays. The Rams are 16th in pass and 8th in rush . We have to come out in the one back, three WRs on first downs. Looks like pass, but we run and vice versa, mixing it up.

I think ST are going to have a huge say on how this game goes down, huge.

I believe Ginn is due to break one!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm kinda worried that with Michael Lewis on the Rams roster they'll be calling out our plays at the line of scrimmage.

I bet that's the only reason he was picked up by them.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I bet that's the only reason he was picked up by them.

1 bad hit to his head and he wont even remember a single play from our playbook
I have a good feeling about this game, but a bad feeling about the Tampa Bay game.

I agree with the sentiment that keeping the score close favors us. The D has to really step up, and the O-line too. But I think we may come out of a bye playing well for once.
Share 49ersWebzone