There are 157 users in the forums

The Official David Carr Crash

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
when we signed Carr all the Giant fans I knew told me that David Carr was a decent backup and we should start him over Alex.And after that Panthers game I got on there ass so bad*no homo*

Actually, David Carr seemed to be pretty decent in New York.

But I think the coaching staff never had any faith in David Carr to do anything, and I don't they ever really gave him a chance.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm not super confident enough to say it was the coaching staff's fault and give him a clean slate. But I DO think some of his FAIL was due to the staff.

My problem is that we signed him to be a back-up and, but then didn't trust him to do anything.
The same day we signed harbaugh, i posted on a Qb thread that there were no QBs on the team that would be here on opening day of 2011. I further said i believe our qb is coming to us via the draft in the 3rd, maybe 5th round, and he will not be a household name, many of us will never have seen him play, but he will be smart, agile, and accurate. My guess is he will not have a great arm and hence will be overlooked by many. Also, there are no QBs coming out this yr that i would like to see us burn a high draft pick on. And Cam Newton? another Vince young, but not as good, which is saying very little about newton.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
The same day we signed harbaugh, i posted on a Qb thread that there were no QBs on the team that would be here on opening day of 2011. I further said i believe our qb is coming to us via the draft in the 3rd, maybe 5th round, and he will not be a household name, many of us will never have seen him play, but he will be smart, agile, and accurate. My guess is he will not have a great arm and hence will be overlooked by many. Also, there are no QBs coming out this yr that i would like to see us burn a high draft pick on. And Cam Newton? another Vince young, but not as good, which is saying very little about newton.

4th round pick 104 he will wear #4

championship

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
when we signed Carr all the Giant fans I knew told me that David Carr was a decent backup and we should start him over Alex.And after that Panthers game I got on there ass so bad*no homo*

Actually, David Carr seemed to be pretty decent in New York.

But I think the coaching staff never had any faith in David Carr to do anything, and I don't they ever really gave him a chance.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm not super confident enough to say it was the coaching staff's fault and give him a clean slate. But I DO think some of his FAIL was due to the staff.

My problem is that we signed him to be a back-up and, but then didn't trust him to do anything.

Carr's best season 2003, Roman (our new OC) was part of that staff...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Carr's best season 2003, Roman (our new OC) was part of that staff...

Championship!

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Seriously you are complaining about the back up QB?

I don't think complaining is the word. Just wondering what the thinking behind his signing was. If he couldn't get a crack at starting with the QBs we had...wow, retirement might be his only option.

It just seems to me that just about every NFL franchise gets this QB thing at least kind of right. Baffles my mind watching those games yesterday - that's all.
Originally posted by SFGem:
that the season is over. this is a sarcastic statement. we shoulda kept shaun hill and got rid of alex but thats for another thread. was signing david carr as backup the most pointless decision by the 49ers staff? david carr only played 2 quarters all season right? we may as well have signed a player that plays a different position with the money carr was paid.

Yeah and What a DUMB move by Green Bay for drafting and signing Rodgers you know first few years he never even saw the field Im being sarcastic here

I mean I know rodgers is whole lot batter than Carr...But I hate to break it to all But Carr is signed through 11 and will probably finish next year with the Niners
  • dj43
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

...but Dalton may be a 2nd round pick...
Carr wreck
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Scotty's last move, proved that he needed to go. He was clearly drunk or on drugs.

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Scotty's last move, proved that he needed to go. He was clearly drunk or on drugs.

He had such an eye for QB talent! What do you expect from a guy who picked Alex Smith #1 overall? At least he's not making the call when we pick a QB this time around.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Seriously you are complaining about the back up QB?

as of now he is our n°1 QB ...
What a lemon.
he somehow managed to make the wearing of a football helmet look lame
Originally posted by danimal:
he somehow managed to make the wearing of a football helmet look lame

The MOST disheartening photo of the previous Era.
[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Jan 24, 2011 at 6:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone