LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

The Official David Carr Crash

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There's no way anyone would be open on 3rd and 28. No way.

David Carr is behind center, he takes the snap in his own end zone. No chance of anyone being open on 3rd and 28.

He takes his first step back, second step, he looks like a real Quarterback! This is my quarterback! . All the WE WANT CARR "fans" in the stadium were right! Carr is a genius! He takes his third step back. Now he takes another little step. It's 3rd and 28 so there's no chance anyone is open, but VD is still running a deep out to the left side of the field.

Carr spots vernon davis, he's WIDE OPEN!! He's a real quarterback! He found the open receiver for first down yardage on 3rd and 28?! No way any other QB on our roster could have done that! Carr looks through his sexy helmet, one of the sexiest ever made. No doubt if there was a sexy helmet contest, Carr would place in 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Carr plants his back foot. What stupendous form! He throws the ball.

Wait.

Why is his release so stupid looking? Looks like his shoulder broke off. That's for another day.

Anyways, the ball is high. VD is wide open and he'll have enough yardage for a first down! OMG, the ball is in line to VD.

It's almost there...

So close...

Falls 10 yards short of VD. What an epic fail.
Originally posted by Method:
No doubt if there was a sexy helmet contest, Carr would place in 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Wait.

Why is his release so stupid looking?
Looks like his shoulder broke off. That's for another day.

Anyways, the ball is high. VD is wide open and he'll have enough yardage for a first down! OMG, the ball is in line to VD.

It's almost there...

So close...

Especially the bolded. He's like the Javier Lopez of football... when the throwing motion doesn't translate positively.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 25, 2010 at 23:35:54 ]

David Carr is behind center, he takes the snap in his own end zone. No chance of anyone being open on 3rd and 28.

He takes his first step back, second step, he looks like a real Quarterback! This is my quarterback! . All the WE WANT CARR "fans" in the stadium were right! Carr is a genius! He takes his third step back. Now he takes another little step. It's 3rd and 28 so there's no chance anyone is open, but VD is still running a deep out to the left side of the field.

Carr spots vernon davis, he's WIDE OPEN!! He's a real quarterback! He found the open receiver for first down yardage on 3rd and 28?! No way any other QB on our roster could have done that! Carr looks through his sexy helmet, one of the sexiest ever made. No doubt if there was a sexy helmet contest, Carr would place in 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Wait.

Why is his release so stupid looking? Looks like his shoulder broke off. That's for another day.

It's almost there...

So close...

hilarious. You have a gift.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Especially the bolded. He's like the Javier Lopez of football... when the throwing motion doesn't translate positively.

While Javier Lopez is the setup man for the Giants to help them win, David Carr is the setup man for failure.

Any time the former comes in, he shuts s**t down. Anytime the latter comes in he shuts s**t down.

Cept one does it for the other team and one does it to yours. Respectively, lol

[ Edited by Method on Oct 25, 2010 at 23:42:15 ]
That was very funny. Good sense of timing.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Aw it got merged . Thanks tho.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Aw it got merged . Thanks tho.

You actually bring up a good point.

Vince Young and Tim Tebow were criticized for their release during the draft. But Carr might have the "stupidest" looking release in all of football. Its reminiscent of a partially paralyzed stroke victim.

He can't get any torque on his throw because the ball is not moving in a curve around his center of gravity, but rather he "launches" it in a straight line, like the way you would throw a paper airplane.
Originally posted by cutbarlow:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
I read that he wasn't allowed to warm up before he went in.

I thought I remember seeing him throwing some passes right after Smith was hurt, so maybe he did get a little bit. Let's just say this, he is who we thought he was.

lol exactly wtf.

-9fA
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

i still think he needs to be given 1 whole game before we go to another QB imo/ given A Smith so many chances year after year

Wait.

It's almost there...

So close...

That play was such a cocktease. I was like wow, he found VD and we're gonna get fist down!
Originally posted by Vonjohnson80:
I believe it was obvious that David Carr didn't prepare the way backups are supposed to.

uhh no he just really sucks that bad
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Wait.

It's almost there...

So close...

That play was such a cocktease. I was like wow, he found VD and we're gonna get fist down!

And all we got was a fist up.

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for TheXFactor.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Here's to being the worst team in the NFL.

I'd give the cowboys that title, especially because they have more talent
Share 49ersWebzone