There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Out of all the years you've been a niner fan, is this the most

The NFL in a whole is pretty bad this year. They better think twice about a work stoppage next season following such an uneventful season like this one.

As far as the 49ers, this season is the most disappointing one I have ever seen. The whole team pretty much sucks. Starting from the top with the Owners, Clueless coaches and under achieving/over rated players. We are the laughing stock of the NFL. I honestly think that we are the worst team. This Franchise needs a flush of the toilet.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
DISSAPOINTING of them all? i have been watching the niners for the past 20 years. I havent missed one game in that span. sometimes i would be the only niner fan watching the games at the bar when i would have to hear people talk mad smack about how the niners were 2-14, how they sucked, how they were an embarrasement. but all those years of them being the laughing stock of the nfl really never bothered me until this year.

this year has to be the most dissapointing season i have ever watched. more disappointing than 8 years ago when we almost made it to the superbow. I just cant handle it anymore, all this talent and potentioal and all we have to show for it is 1-6. i am seriously considering not watching the rest of the games for this season for the first time in 20 years

I am you-in South Florida, but one game sooner if you watched todays game cuz I didn't even watch today. Only time I've had the chance to watch and chose otherwise.
Everything you just said. So disappointing.

Im so convinced the only reason we won last week was cuz Gore broke one for 60+. We went straight vanilla after we went up by one frickken score. The Raiders would have made it a game if it were one score on their last possession.

That's why I didn't watch this week. They're horrible all around
with the talent we have yes this is pathetic
This is the first time in 25 years I refuse to wear my 49ers hat.

:(
Ughh, try growing up in the late 70's, and being teased at school by white trash Raiders kids wearing Kiss shirts.

This isn't as bad as the late 70's, but quite close.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
DISSAPOINTING of them all? i have been watching the niners for the past 20 years. I havent missed one game in that span. sometimes i would be the only niner fan watching the games at the bar when i would have to hear people talk mad smack about how the niners were 2-14, how they sucked, how they were an embarrasement. but all those years of them being the laughing stock of the nfl really never bothered me until this year.

this year has to be the most disappointing season i have ever watched. more disappointing than 8 years ago when we almost made it to the Super Bowl. I just cant handle it anymore, all this talent and potential and all we have to show for it is 1-6. i am seriously considering not watching the rest of the games for this season for the first time in 20 years

I am with you on that! I have been a devoted fan for 30 years and I am done with this crappy team.

Until they get rid of Sing and hire an offensive minded Head Coach, I will be rooting for the other team (at least this way I can get some wins on my weekly picks).

I am so tired of this incompetent HC. We need to get rid of him NOW! We can't do much worse without him than with him.

I will not purchase NFL Access next year - it is a waste of my money and I refuse to spend on this team until (if ever) they again become winners. I AM TIRED OF LOSING!

Next week, I'll just check and see if they have scored any points ... if they are ahead or close, then perhaps I will watch a few plays. But I am done with this sh*tty team.

BTW, they are a crappy team BECAUSE of their crappy HC. Any other HC would do far better with this exact same team.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Ughh, try growing up in the late 70's, and being teased at school by white trash Raiders kids wearing Kiss shirts.

This isn't as bad as the late 70's, but quite close.

I will agree with Snake. The Late 70's was pretty bad as a Niners fans, but they also weren't expected to win and they certainly weren't as talented as some of the players the Niners have this year. This year is horrible because of unfulfilled expectations.
No, 2003 was. We had just gone 10-6, won a playoff game. We lost a lot of good players during the Erickson years: Jeff Garcia, Julian Peterson, Garrison Hearst, Bryant Young. We fired coach Mariucci. Honestly, you could point to one "good" player as to the reason why we lost Peterson, Garcia, and Mariucci. We let Peterson go so we could keep Owens, then we got rid of Mariucci and Garcia because Owens didn't like them (largely, anyways). He left the team anyways.

Mariucci's replacement? Erickson, and with such a talented team, he was crap. Now look at us, we're in the middle of what unavoidably be our 8th straight non-winning season, 8th straight year without playoffs, and the 4th time since firing Mariucci that we're going to be looking for a new coach.

Our team now? Definitely more talented than the one Erickson and Donahue left us with, but we're still struggling with key areas of the team: Quarterback, O-line, receivers (they STILL haven't stepped up to be a true strength), D-line (although much improved), and Defensive backfield.

This year is a close second to 2003, but maybe now our ownership will hire somebody who knows what the hell they're doing and will start to strengthen our weak points. If only we had an ownership team who knew what they were doing.
I feel the same. Not just record but when your football team is not functioning like this season so far, it is so sad.
And its like last few years were totally waste and we just took a longer way round. Thats what makes me feel even worse.
Whats sad about today's game is I was thinking when we were up by 7 that the defense can still give up 7 and I totally could see Carr throwing a pick and the panthers kicking a field goal to win. Sure enough that is what happened.

This year is probably the biggest letdown that I have had in 29 years of watching 49er football given the expectations we had and what we have failed to live up to. When Sing is fired at the end of the season ( i don't think they will fire him next week) I think Kurt Schottenheimer is gonna throw his brother Marty's name in the mix. It might make sense since Manusky worked under him in San Diego and the systems are similar. I wouldn't mind Billick coming here either.
I still can't figure out how a team that went 8 and 8--had two first round drafts picks and all the draft picks made the team--went south so quick and so bad.

the second half last season the Niners went 5-3---

Barry Sims played left tackled and played it well---Synder wasn't great--but he was better than rookie A davis is this season. Heitmann was playing.

Nate Clements also didn't play those last 8 games---yet the defense held Chicago, jacksonville, Arizona, Detroit and the Rams to 6,3,9,6,6 points.

Spencer had a career year last year, Dre Bly played good, Goldson had a good second half, Brooks and the pass rush was good, Franklin had a career year.

Crabtree and Davis played well the second half--Smith was OK.

I don't really get it---but I think rewarding some players with big contracts---Willis, Davis had some effect on Franklin and Goldson---Crabtree needs the ball and he plays well--if not--he doesn't play as well. The rookies were not ready to play on the o line.

This team is a mess.
Humiliating, this has been the most humiliating.

When we lost 2 games, it wasnt bad, because we had NO TALENT.

I have been running my mouth all 9 months this offseason, and this is what we get.

Humiliating
Agree. I've been watching since 1976 and this season has been like a Double Root Canal every game.
disappointing is an understatement..

between..

a 1-6 start after all the pre-season hype
putting all our faith in a former bust when there was better QBs on the market
bringing in a guy who the coaches don't even trust to throw the ball to be his primary back up
firing our GM a month before the draft
having 3 players quit from the team
firing our OCoord 3 weeks into the season
our owner making ridiculous predictions after an 0-5 start
and a coach who has generally been acting like a huge baby

I'd be more inclined to call it an extremely embarrassing failure of a season.
Our 2-14 season was the worst season, in my opinion.

The thing was, we had no talent and were enduring a terrible season. Dennis Erickson was a terrible head coach, and Terry Donahue was a BLIGHT on our team. There was absolutely no hope from our front office, because it didn't seem like they would make a move.

And then one glorious day, they DID make a move and fired both Erickson AND Donahue. I think, there's a small glimmer of hope this season that we'll find a good coach. We know that the Yorks are wiling to pull the trigger. Despite how inept they are as owners, they DO care about our team's success. Back in the 2-14 season, I had no idea if they even cared.