There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Out of all the years you've been a niner fan, is this the most

DISSAPOINTING of them all? i have been watching the niners for the past 20 years. I havent missed one game in that span. sometimes i would be the only niner fan watching the games at the bar when i would have to hear people talk mad smack about how the niners were 2-14, how they sucked, how they were an embarrasement. but all those years of them being the laughing stock of the nfl really never bothered me until this year.

this year has to be the most dissapointing season i have ever watched. more disappointing than 8 years ago when we almost made it to the superbow. I just cant handle it anymore, all this talent and potentioal and all we have to show for it is 1-6. i am seriously considering not watching the rest of the games for this season for the first time in 20 years

[ Edited by Daniel2778 on Oct 24, 2010 at 18:42:53 ]
It is. I'm seriously considering quitting the NFL for awhile. I hate watching incompetence and it makes me too frustrated for it to be worth it. Singletary is what is wrong with this football team.
Many recent seasons were tough. 2007 we had high expectations, early in the 2008 season we looked good. Then another good start last season we had high hopes.

The worst has been this year though. We were basically gift wrapped the division and we now stand at 1-6 and in disarray
I wish everybody would stay home from the games.... Make these owners do something cause they suck!
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
It is. I'm seriously considering quitting the NFL for awhile. I hate watching incompetence and it makes me too frustrated for it to be worth it. Singletary is what is wrong with this football team.

True that! Sing is the problem!
nahhh we had worse , we had good HC that we lost with. this is not cuz Sing is not a HC he was a probowl linbacker that it , nothing more or less can't even coash the D .
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I stepped away from the Niners two weeks ago and convinced myself the season was over. I knew it was done when we lost to Atlanta the way we did. Any team that loses in such a fashion will find ways to lose instead of finding a way to win.

This has been disappointing but I've made peace with it. I've never seen the Niners win much of anything and I gotta hear sh*t all the time about how the Niners were only ever good before my lifetime. But it is what it is. I'm a fan of losers, that's just what it is.

We do have talent and with some quality coaching we can be good. So the sky hasn't completely fallen yet.
I think so. But Erickson's first year was pretty disappointing, too (2003?). And Steve's last year (1999?).
yes.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
DISSAPOINTING of them all? i have been watching the niners for the past 20 years. I havent missed one game in that span. sometimes i would be the only niner fan watching the games at the bar when i would have to hear people talk mad smack about how the niners were 2-14, how they sucked, how they were an embarrasement. but all those years of them being the laughing stock of the nfl really never bothered me until this year.

this year has to be the most dissapointing season i have ever watched. more disappointing than 8 years ago when we almost made it to the superbow. I just cant handle it anymore, all this talent and potentioal and all we have to show for it is 1-6. i am seriously considering not watching the rest of the games for this season for the first time in 20 years
It's really pathetic when you're watching the game in the 4th quarter and you keep telling yourself we're about to f*ck this up. And over and over this team comes through and f*cks it up. I keep thinking this is rock bottom. But the way this franchise is going I don't think we've hit rock bottom just yet. We just find new ways to sink lower. I remember laughing at Rams fans back in SOSAR days. Damn you karma.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

don't forget the lockout. things will be much different when the nfl resumes seasonal play in 2012 or 2013.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MILFS:
yes.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
It's the most frustrating, that's for sure.

Being blown out badly in two games sucked.

Being beaten in the last seconds of four games is teh worst, though.

Big ole sad face.
Yes. Mostly due to wasted talent. Our o-line consists of 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks. We have elite TE, WR, and RB. We have an average defense. We shouldn't be anywhere near 1-6 and sliding.