LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

Alex's Injury?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
This thread is supposed to be about the injury, you can bash him in the other thread(s)
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Per the Twitterz..

Alex is going to London.

win
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Any update on how severe his injury is? Since it's not his throwing shoulder he should be back sooner rather than later, unless it seperated and not a sprain?

Quote:
Alex Smith said he suffered a sprained AC joint — better known as a separated shoulder – on his non-throwing side while being sacked early in the third quarter. 49ers officials held back on a full diagnosis, saying that X-rays revealed no fracture. A MRI exam Monday could reveal more about the timetable for Smith’s return. Smith, who sustained a Grade 3 separation to his throwing shoulder in 2007, recognized the sensation immediately. “Same thing,’’ Smith said. “Came down on all my body weight at that point. I knew as soon as I landed on it. Same feeling. Same pain.” Smith said the feeling is “not quite” as severe as what he felt in ’07. He declined to speculate on when he might be able to return to action. Because the injury is to his non-throwing arm, he is optimistic about a quick return. “The left hand doesn’t do much,’’ Smith said. “It doesn’t affect throwing. If I can take snaps or hand the ball off, I think you can still be pretty functional.”

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/10/24/49ers-fall-flat/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+49ersHotRead+(49ers+Hot+Read

HAHAHA, Smith said he can play "functional". Nice choice of words there, buddy.

Please God no, he's not even that good when healthy, and the season is over, NO MORE SMITH!!!

NO

MORE

SMITH!!!

liked how carr played, huh?
the people happy that smith was injured are f**king disgusting. go drink a few bottles of whiskey and drive around a little bit.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by kazak13:
well any info on how serious it is? I couldnt catch it on tv..

so how much more do we appreciate Alex now that we seen David Carr? Troy Smith in anytime soon?

Smith's career in SF is done. Up to this point, his play was questionable at best. I know his fans will say he played great today, but Im sorry.......scoring on your opening drive and then not making any noise against the worst team in the NFL is not something to build on.

Regardless of him returning, his supporters now have new ammo to defend him; INJURY.

I think his time here is over. Even if he misses 4 weeks, he doesnt have enough time to convince front management for an extension. Plus his injury will ply aq role in all this.

As for Carr stinking, yeah I guess if people want to use Carr's bad play to praise Smith, then all the power to them. In reality, all the QBs stink, and this was done on purpose by Sing so that Smith would have no competition.

haha, you're f**king ridiculous. and news flash: We are the worst team in the NFL.

News Flash we Draft Andrew LUCK!!!

Yes!!! Let's draft another potential first round bust!!!
Anyway back to his injury...

From the sounds of it..seems like Smith should be back after the bye.

If we can win next week that would help. 2-6 then the bye...then Rams and Bucs at home with Smith back in. Not saying we win out or anything but it's much more hopeful than Carr for 4-6 weeks.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the people happy that smith was injured are f**king disgusting. go drink a few bottles of whiskey and drive around a little bit.

Yea, b/c that was real classy.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

so how much more do we appreciate Alex now that we seen David Carr? Troy Smith in anytime soon?

Smith's career in SF is done. Up to this point, his play was questionable at best. I know his fans will say he played great today, but Im sorry.......scoring on your opening drive and then not making any noise against the worst team in the NFL is not something to build on.

Regardless of him returning, his supporters now have new ammo to defend him; INJURY.

I think his time here is over. Even if he misses 4 weeks, he doesnt have enough time to convince front management for an extension. Plus his injury will ply aq role in all this.

As for Carr stinking, yeah I guess if people want to use Carr's bad play to praise Smith, then all the power to them. In reality, all the QBs stink, and this was done on purpose by Sing so that Smith would have no competition.

haha, you're f**king ridiculous. and news flash: We are the worst team in the NFL.

every draft pick is a POTENTIAL 1st round bust. Luck is a sav and he comes from a pro style offense. he'll be just fine if we get LUCKY enough to draft him.
Who cares. Smith sucks. The season is over, and so is Smith's career as a starter in the NFL. Hopefully Singletary's career as a HC will be over in a couple weeks as well or at least at years end.

• ZRF80
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Anyway back to his injury...

From the sounds of it..seems like Smith should be back after the bye.

If we can win next week that would help. 2-6 then the bye...then Rams and Bucs at home with Smith back in. Not saying we win out or anything but it's much more hopeful than Carr for 4-6 weeks.

His fate is sealed. Even if he makes it back after the bye, he has only half the season to convince the masses that he's a longterm solution. Unless he goes Kolb-ish and throws for 300+ yard per game with multiple TDs (not to mention finish the season strong with wins), there's no way the Yorks extend an olive branch to him.

Basically, today was the end of Alex's career in Ninerland. We can argue all we want on whether he is good or not......the reality is that he did not play up to expectations in a season where everyone (fans and analysts) thought would be his breakout year.

I dont think he'll be a starter, but maybe some team will take him on in a backup role.

every draft pick is a POTENTIAL 1st round bust. Luck is a sav and he comes from a pro style offense. he'll be just fine if we get LUCKY enough to draft him.

I thought so too before he got dismantled by Oregon's defense in the second half of their matchup. He looked like a deer in the headlights during that second half. Reminded me of Smith. I don't want to waste another 6 years, so just say no to Luck...
Maiocco:
Quote:
Smith said the 49ers called a seven-man protection on the pass play. The 49ers should've been able to properly protect Smith on the play.

Read more: Maiocco: Underachieving 49ers' Season Falls Apart
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/24/10/img-srchttpcsnbayareacomcommonglobal_ima/landing_maiocco_v3.html?full_args=10/24/10/img-srchttpcsnbayareacomcommonglobal_ima/landing_maiocco_v3&blockID=337974&feedID=5936

Oh man. I saw that play and A Davis was simply confused. The DE faked him out one on one.

It don't matter who we have at QB its the coaching, all three phases of the game. Alex is not that bad, our line sucks and you know it, if you watch our team there is a guy in his face almost every play.
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

I thought so too before he got dismantled by Oregon's defense in the second half of their matchup. He looked like a deer in the headlights during that second half. Reminded me of Smith. I don't want to waste another 6 years, so just say no to Luck...

so we should only draft QBs who are undefeated in college? Oregon is probably the best team in the country. it was only one game dude
Share 49ersWebzone