LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 145 users in the forums

Alex's Injury?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Fool4D9ers:
Originally posted by kazak13:
well any info on how serious it is? I couldnt catch it on tv..

so how much more do we appreciate Alex now that we seen David Carr? Troy Smith in anytime soon?

We dont appreciate the bust known as Alex Smith........the question we should be asking is if Singletary and company had no faith in Carr and the rest of the backups why did we get rid of Shaun Hill !

speak for yourself. i appreciate Alex. nothing but a class act.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
If Alex plays this weekend with a sprained shoulder would he get more praise from this board?

eric davis didn't come out and say it, but he did say that "a defensive player would have popped an aspirin and got back in there".

i think smith is done. mentally, he is the equivalent of an abused child left alone with his drunk step dad. better that he just "nurse" his wounds until january. if he played, i would be indifferent to it.

I heard him talk about shoulder seraration injuries on the 9ers Post Game show. It was kind of amusing, because he made it sound like one of those injuries you have to tolerate and see how much pain you can play through.
Not a lot of "toughness" with Smith.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Fool4D9ers:
Originally posted by kazak13:
well any info on how serious it is? I couldnt catch it on tv..

so how much more do we appreciate Alex now that we seen David Carr? Troy Smith in anytime soon?

We dont appreciate the bust known as Alex Smith........the question we should be asking is if Singletary and company had no faith in Carr and the rest of the backups why did we get rid of Shaun Hill !

speak for yourself. i appreciate Alex. nothing but a class act.
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by seeking6th:
which arm/hand does he use to fondle himself, is it the injured one?

he uses singletarys'

About 25% of members of this site would volunteer for the job.

i know i would

i knew that

I knew you knew that

Sign me up as well

alex wants winners to man-handle the job
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
If Alex plays this weekend with a sprained shoulder would he get more praise from this board?

eric davis didn't come out and say it, but he did say that "a defensive player would have popped an aspirin and got back in there".

i think smith is done. mentally, he is the equivalent of an abused child left alone with his drunk step dad. better that he just "nurse" his wounds until january. if he played, i would be indifferent to it.

I heard him talk about shoulder seraration injuries on the 9ers Post Game show. It was kind of amusing, because he made it sound like one of those injuries you have to tolerate and see how much pain you can play through.

i can't say he isn't tough, but mentally, he is done. i don't blame him. i was a smith supporter (now recovering).

it's all right in front of us. look at carr. almost the same scenario. drafted first to a s**tty team. battered by sacks and mentally abused by fans and teammates (you know it happens) for s**tty play. DEAD. INSIDE.
There are some pretty sad human beings on this board.
I keep seeing the comments that Alex Smith gives us the best chance to win. But the reality is, we aren't winning. So even though some might think he gives us the best chance to win, we really aren't going to do any worse by giving someone else a shot at it. We can't go any further south. There are no bonus points for almost winning or looking good in the fourth quarter and coming up short. All that counts is wins and losses, and we aren't winning with Smith in there. You never know, Troy Smith might go in there and light 'em up, or maybe he'll play average but without the interceptions and fumbles and we start winning.

If we just keep playing Alex, it's like standing in front of a vending machine trying to get it to accept that wrinkled up dollar bill. I mean, you've tried everything; smoothed it out, made sure none of the corners are folded over, you've put it in upside down, backwards, forwards...and the machine just keeps spitting it out. Eventually, you've got to pull out another dollar bill and give it a try or you'll never get the Snickers bar out of there.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

i can't say he isn't tough, but mentally, he is done. i don't blame him. i was a smith supporter (now recovering).

it's all right in front of us. look at carr. almost the same scenario. drafted first to a s**tty team. battered by sacks and mentally abused by fans and teammates (you know it happens) for s**tty play. DEAD. INSIDE.

Dude you are just making stuff up. The one thing I agree with is that Alex is done in SF. But I don't think that he thinks he is done at all. He doesn't seem like the kind of person that stops believing or trying. He always has bounced back from adversity (not that high mind you, but still. )

Why i he mentally done? Because he separated his shoulder? Right before that he had like a 90 something QB rating and was playing some normal almost good Smith ball. HE is what he is, but I really don't think he has checked out mentally at all.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I do find it interesting though -- how many of Alex's supporters are so ready to ditch Carr -- when he hasn't even started Game One yet.

You know who these people are. They are the posters who call us "haters," or "not a true fan," or some other garbage.

I just find it interesting that they're willing to give Alex game after game after game after game after game to straighten it out (which he never will folks -- and that's the sad truth). Yet they're riding Carr's nvuts after two quarters of play.

Where is the consistency here? Perhaps it's the Smith supporters who are not true fans? Perhaps they are more in love with one player rather than the team itself.

Hmm....

A point to ponder....

Being a true fan has nothing to do with supporting Alex Smith. A true fan routes for their team regardless of who is in the starting lineup. A true fan's loyalty doesn't waver, ever. I think by now most 49er fans realize that Alex Smith is not the long term answer and that in the short term this team is playing the best offensive football it will until a better qb takes over. It was clear yesterday that David Carr's intangibles are not as good as Alex Smith's. I mean come on bro, a check down on 4th down from 60 yards out? Any other qb is going to drop back, step up, and throw that ball towards the end zone. Carr didn't even trust his arm to make the throw. Alex Smith gives us the best chance to win, and in the end that is what any true fan wants their team to do.

Amazing

Just amazing...Ponder that line once again. Savor it. Think about it.

Quote:
Alex Smith gives us the best chance to win

I can't believe I'm still reading this crud after the kind of El Stinko performances we've all seen out of Alex Smith. This is just as bad as Dingleberry's "we're gonna make the playoffs" rant.

No -- Alex Smith DOES NOT give us the best chance to win. He IS NOT the best QB on the roster. He IS the WORST quarterback in the entire NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

He is a FLOP. He is a FAILURE. He's had MULTIPLE CHANCES. He has FAILED at every opportunity.

When are you going to get this through your SKULL?

I am a better QB than Alex Smith at this point. So are you. So is everyone on this board. Carr and Nate Davis are immediate upgrades over Alex.
Alex is not a winner and his record speaks for himself. Need new QB been saying that for years! Should of never been given the C on his shirt. We could of had Vick and now we regret that decision.

I do find it interesting though -- how many of Alex's supporters are so ready to ditch Carr -- when he hasn't even started Game One yet.

You know who these people are. They are the posters who call us "haters," or "not a true fan," or some other garbage.

I just find it interesting that they're willing to give Alex game after game after game after game after game to straighten it out (which he never will folks -- and that's the sad truth). Yet they're riding Carr's nvuts after two quarters of play.

Where is the consistency here? Perhaps it's the Smith supporters who are not true fans? Perhaps they are more in love with one player rather than the team itself.

Hmm....

A point to ponder....

Being a true fan has nothing to do with supporting Alex Smith. A true fan routes for their team regardless of who is in the starting lineup. A true fan's loyalty doesn't waver, ever. I think by now most 49er fans realize that Alex Smith is not the long term answer and that in the short term this team is playing the best offensive football it will until a better qb takes over. It was clear yesterday that David Carr's intangibles are not as good as Alex Smith's. I mean come on bro, a check down on 4th down from 60 yards out? Any other qb is going to drop back, step up, and throw that ball towards the end zone. Carr didn't even trust his arm to make the throw. Alex Smith gives us the best chance to win, and in the end that is what any true fan wants their team to do.

Amazing

Quote:

I can't believe I'm still reading this crud after the kind of El Stinko performances we've all seen out of Alex Smith. This is just as bad as Dingleberry's "we're gonna make the playoffs" rant.

No -- Alex Smith DOES NOT give us the best chance to win. He IS NOT the best QB on the roster. He IS the WORST quarterback in the entire NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

He is a FLOP. He is a FAILURE. He's had MULTIPLE CHANCES. He has FAILED at every opportunity.

I am a better QB than Alex Smith at this point. So are you. So is everyone on this board. Carr and Nate Davis are immediate upgrades over Alex.

you cannot honestly believe that Carr is better than Smith. You are either trollin or your hate has you blinded.
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
I keep seeing the comments that Alex Smith gives us the best chance to win. But the reality is, we aren't winning. So even though some might think he gives us the best chance to win, we really aren't going to do any worse by giving someone else a shot at it. We can't go any further south. There are no bonus points for almost winning or looking good in the fourth quarter and coming up short. All that counts is wins and losses, and we aren't winning with Smith in there. You never know, Troy Smith might go in there and light 'em up, or maybe he'll play average but without the interceptions and fumbles and we start winning.

If we just keep playing Alex, it's like standing in front of a vending machine trying to get it to accept that wrinkled up dollar bill. I mean, you've tried everything; smoothed it out, made sure none of the corners are folded over, you've put it in upside down, backwards, forwards...and the machine just keeps spitting it out. Eventually, you've got to pull out another dollar bill and give it a try or you'll never get the Snickers bar out of there.

It is probable that with Alex we would have won the last game. People are thinking that we are still mathematically in this thing, though basically out of it at this point, so why not keep playing the players that give us the best chance until there is no hope left? then there will be time to look at what else we have (which doesn't seem like much - I vote for Nate Davis myself, because the other guys have no chance at becoming Star level QB's and at least he has a small small chance).

Your analogy is also not correct. Alex (and the offense in general) performs well every single time the team starts letting him loose. When they go back to conservative plays the offense sputters. It doesn't matter because it isn't going to change, so he should be gone after this year regardless. I take it back actually in some ways that does make sense, I mean it has been six years (minus injuries), so to some extent works.

Hmm....

A point to ponder....

Amazing

Quote:

you cannot honestly believe that Carr is better than Smith. You are either trollin or your hate has you blinded.

BillBird you need to seriously think before you type. Your posts are becoming less coherent by the hour. Saying that Smith is the best QB on the roster doesn't mean much, but it is the truth. You are so biased that you can't even comprehend a simple point anymore. Time to take a break?

Hmm....

A point to ponder....

Amazing

Quote:

YOU ARE BUGGIN!!!! the worst QB in the league DO YOU WATCH FOOTBALL?? you would rather have campbell rather have max hall? rather have henne? BUGGIN look at the numbers?? he is in top ten in a bunch of stats The only problem he has is poor coaching and weak line play (got killed again)!!

Hmm....

A point to ponder....

Amazing

Quote:

Uht oh...Some of the Smith lovers are going to be mad....
Share 49ersWebzone