LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

How is RT Anthony Davis doing compared to other 2010 First Round OT's picked?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Just curious how his progress is going relatively speaking. I read Russell Okung is doing well, but I don't know about the other ones. I know Davis is having some struggles, but if the other ones are as well, then maybe that is expected for a first year tackle that is thrown into the starting lineup.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Bulaga has struggled some on the right side in place of Tauscher, and has only started 2 of the Packs 6 games. He has looked better in his limited snaps on the left side.
i think roger staffold is doing the best
I think he's doing well, he and Iupati. I'm glad we picked them up. We need upgrades over the other 2-3 oline starters.
Bulaga and Trent Williams playing just like Anthony Davis right now. All 3 are struggling vs. the passing game.
See for yourselves...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think this might be another case in where a player is not in the right position. Davis might be better off at his natural position.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think this might be another case in where a player is not in the right position. Davis might be better off at his natural position.

Yup, and if I remember correctly, Staley was pretty darn good at RT his rookie year. I hope next season Davis is at LT with Staley at RT.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Overall I think Anthony Davis is play ok. Could be playing better obviously but not bad either.
I have heard Trent Williams getting beat quite a bit, Okung was injured but I think is playing pretty well now. As for Bulaga I have heard he is struggling. Okung will probably be the best of the group. I think Anthony Davis needs to mature a lot more. Heck isn't he only 20? The guy can't even buy a beer.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yup, and if I remember correctly, Staley was pretty darn good at RT his rookie year. I hope next season Davis is at LT with Staley at RT.

This has been a huge complaint of mine, but I yet to wonder if we haven't moved him to LT yet (or have even thought about it) because we feel he's just too immature to take on that "blind-side" responsibility as of now. (Michael Oher spent his rookie year on the right-side, and was just finally moved over to the left this year.)

Davis' draft marks were high because he was the purest LT/blind-side blocker coming out of the entire draft (based on his natural footwork/body trajectory skills). It's a shame we're letting Anthony struggle on the right, beside a loser/injury-prone Chilo Rachel his rookie year.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 23, 2010 at 10:14:48 ]

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

This has been a huge complaint of mine, but I yet to wonder if we haven't moved him to LT yet (or have even thought about it) because we feel he's just too immature to take on that "blind-side" responsibility as of now. (Michael Oher spent his rookie year on the right-side, and was just finally moved over to the left this year.)

Davis' draft marks were high because he was the purest LT/blind-side blocker coming out of the entire draft (based on his natural footwork/body trajectory skills). It's a shame we're letting Anthony struggle on the right, beside a loser/injury-prone Chilo Rachel his rookie year.

They were probably afraid of having 2 rookies man the left side of the line. I do expect the 2011 to look like

Davis...Iupati...Baas..Heitmann/Snyder...Staley
We don't know that AD will be better from the left side. Plus, the opponents BEST DEFENSIVE END plays there! If he's already mediocre agains the 2nd best DE, what makes you think he'll do even better agains their NUMBER ONE DE!

He's gonna get the QB killed if he plays the left side like he plays the right side. At least in the right side, the QB can see AD whiff on his block and protect himself as he's getting hit.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i think roger staffold is doing the best

Yah I think the rams really scored big in the draft, franchise QB and franchise LT
he is doing better than Okung

[ Edited by Dominate on Oct 23, 2010 at 10:57:02 ]

Agree
Share 49ersWebzone