LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Nate clements out: calling... Will James?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So the journeymen CB we picked up is getting the nod over T.Brown? I'm not sure how I feel about this. James just got back on the field where Brown and Adams even have more time in Manusky's system and younger (faster) legs. I'm really surprised that he is getting the nod.

Hell brown started four games last year and had two picks!!!
NFL.com video

I'm really surprise James has shown enough to be moved up this high in the depth chart, what do you all think?

[ Edited by AkNiners on Oct 22, 2010 at 19:58:18 ]
and this is exactly why Dre Bly should have been resigned. Yet another failure by the 49ers front office.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Last I checked, Clements isn't out, he's questionable.

Will James looked better than Brown to me last week. That's not saying much, though. Haven't been impressed with Brown's play at all.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
and this is exactly why Dre Bly should have been resigned. Yet another failure by the 49ers front office.

What team does Bly play for again?
Last i heard Bly was on the Lions? IDK... But Clements is officially out?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

They cut him in September.

No, Clements is questionable according to all beat writers today.
  • PaulW
  • Veteran

The Lions released Bly before the season, he's still a free agent.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I'm wonder if they're holding Clements out because they don't think they'll need him against the Panthers horrible offense and they're hoping to rest him for the Broncos.
if this is official,Will James is gonna get torched

WERE f**kED!!!
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
if this is official,Will James is gonna get torched

WERE f**kED!!!

Yeah he was getting torched by the Raiders. Hopefully they have Spencer shadow Smith all game if Clements is out.

I'd really like to see what Adams can do.
Originally posted by AkNiners:

I'm wonder if they're holding Clements out because they don't think they'll need him against the Panthers horrible offense and they're hoping to rest him for the Broncos.

Could be but I don't think a 1-5 team is in any position to be taking things for granted. I am sure teams like that Jets, Pats, Steelers do that but not us at this point.

The fact that he got cut by another team is irrelevant. He was a decent-good corner for us and would have had another year in our system.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
relax, Carolina will probably be in 22 and 21 personal most of the game because they have nobody besides Steve Smith at WR.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

The fact that he got cut by another team is irrelevant. He was a decent-good corner for us and would have had another year in our system.

it does back up the decision of the the staff. maybe they felt they can get more out of these you guys vs dre being dre.
Share 49ersWebzone