LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Nate clements out: calling... Will James?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AkNiners:
So the journeymen CB we picked up is getting the nod over T.Brown? I'm not sure how I feel about this. James just got back on the field where Brown and Adams even have more time in Manusky's system and younger (faster) legs. I'm really surprised that he is getting the nod.

Hell brown started four games last year and had two picks!!!
NFL.com video

I'm really surprise James has shown enough to be moved up this high in the depth chart, what do you all think?

I'm a t-brown fan too but he has been torched by faster receivers. See Green Bay Greg Jennings last year.

I don't know if Will James has a history with Steve Smith, but I'm sure the coaching staff is more confident in James matching up with him or playing coverage against him than Brown.

I wouldn't be s**tty my pants if I were you. I'm sure the coaches have a good reason for starting James over Brown even if it is experience.
Originally posted by AkNiners:
So the journeymen CB we picked up is getting the nod over T.Brown? I'm not sure how I feel about this. James just got back on the field where Brown and Adams even have more time in Manusky's system and younger (faster) legs. I'm really surprised that he is getting the nod.

Hell brown started four games last year and had two picks!!!
NFL.com video

I'm really surprise James has shown enough to be moved up this high in the depth chart, what do you all think?

Not sure what you're talking about. Brown gets burnt every time his number is called. The guy has given up play after play all year. This move is more of a commentary on Brown than it is James.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 22, 2010 at 21:44:33 ]
brown sucks
will james seems to be at least decent
i dont mind him starting at #2 against the panthers not gonna make much of a difference hope he comes back by broncos though
I'm still wondering how Will James fractured his pubic bone.
Will James

We really need a good CB
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
brown sucks
will james seems to be at least decent
i dont mind him starting at #2 against the panthers not gonna make much of a difference hope he comes back by broncos though

My thoughts exactly, outside of Steve Smith the Panthers really have nothing to fear as far as receivers go. If Clements is going to miss a game this might have been the best one to miss.

I think the bigger concern is how Spencer matches up against Smith. This worries me much more then how James or Brown match up against Gettis, Rosario, LaFell or Goodson. I would think Smith will be bumped off the line and always have a safety over top. Disrupt any timing patterns and make Moore hold the ball, our pass rush seems to be improving every game.
Originally posted by Psinex:
I'm still wondering how Will James fractured his pubic bone.

this
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I thought Clements is listed as questionable?? And can I ask what did Will James do in the Preseason to earn him a spot on the 53 man??
I say we just let the multi-talented rookie loose. Phil Adams oozes with the type of potential upside/talent one could build upon as a backup/nickel CB for the future.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I say we just let the multi-talented rookie loose. Phil Adams oozes with the type of potential upside/talent one could build upon as a backup/nickel CB for the future.

that makes way too much sense for it to happen

• fan49
  • Veteran
i was happy about us picking will peterson up aka james. hes actually started before, and not just a few games like brown. started full seasons.....

not bad last year

14 passes defended 2 picks 58 tackles. definitely not terrible.. not to mention twice as much as nate in each category last year

[ Edited by fan49 on Oct 23, 2010 at 00:11:30 ]
I think Clements is questionable. He practiced a little on fri before the team left. I think he will play
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Last I checked, Clements isn't out, he's questionable.

Will James looked better than Brown to me last week. That's not saying much, though. Haven't been impressed with Brown's play at all.
49ers CB Nate Clements (ankle) is likely to sit out in Week 7.
He missed Thursday's practice and was only able to practice on a limited basis Friday. He's listed as questionable, but when coach Mike Singletary was asked whether Will James will fill in for Clements this weekend, he said, "Yes, that's probably the situation."

Source: San Jose Mercury News

Per rotoworld today.
Good thing their receivers after Steve Smith are no better than practice squad players

As long as we double team Steve Smith they shouldnt be able to do anything on us in the passing game

It doesnt make sense to me to why we signed Will James over Dre Bly. Dre Bly proved last year that he could be a decent nickel back and an okay #2 CB if someone goes down, but instead we get this bum will james

[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Oct 23, 2010 at 08:37:52 ]
Share 49ersWebzone