There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are you upset that we won?

Are you upset that we won?

WOW...18% said yes.

What kind of fan are u to not be happy for a win. Are they really fans? even if your excuse is Alex will not be bench. Look he'll be benched eventually. But we just beat the Raiders and that should always bring a smile to all niner fans. So sad....
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by English:
17% are upset that we won. This is not good

WOW. How can you even consider yourself a fan if you're upset that the Niners won a game? I don't care what the reason is, you don't root against your team. A win is a win is a win.

Besides, it isn't like the Niners were gonna go 0-16 and get the first pick next season. Or, if that isn't the reason for wanting the team to lose, it isn't like Sing was gonna get fired on Monday. And if he did get fired, JED WASN'T GOING TO HIRE GRUDEN. GET OVER IT.

Just be happy the Niners won a game. Also, they didn't have a turnover!

Exactly! How can you be a fan if you want your team to lose ??!! A win is a win and i am happy when they do. It is never enough for certain "fans". Angry when we lose and angry when we win ???
I want Alex and Sing as much as anybody but I never root for my team to lose.

Alex and Sing may have bought themselves a couple more weeks but in the end they are toast. I think their futures are pretty much decided.
Upset? Huh?
f**k it.

I'll bite.

Hell yeah, I'm upset.

We won this battle, but we're still well on our way to losing the war. Which war? The war to return competent, watchable football to the 49er organization.

Was it too much of an accident to desire a 49er loss when this team was so capable of doing so the past 5 games? Instead, it will put a false-optimism that this current regime, coaches, and certain select players (cough....Alex) can actually turn things around inspite of themselves. Why delay the inevitable?

Sometimes, you have to let the other team just walk into the endzone in order for you to get the ball back and score for the win. These are those desperate times!

I voted "Yes" but I I have mixed feelings. As a fan (I've been one since the first game I saw: 1988 Superbowl vs. the Bengals) I am always happy to see the 49ers win. But with the way we've been playing, I don't see us making the playoffs and if we by some miracle manage to trip into the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7, I see us getting blown out 34-13. I am already in rebuilding mode for the next season and I'd like to see us get a top 5 pick. I would rather be better next year than top of the bottom feeders or merely mediocre this year.

I was a fan for 2/3 of the dynasty when we wondered each year how far we'd go into the playoffs and the question was Superbowl or bust and losing in the championship game felt like a blown season. I was around for two Hall of Fame QB's and most of the GOAT's career. I stood on the backrest of my couch and watched Joe and John Taylor bring us back from behind against the Rams on Monday night in '89. I watched Garcia do his best Montana impersonation against the Giants in the playoffs in the early 2000's. I've felt elated when we've won and heartbroken when we lost to the Cowboys and Packers of the 90's.

I'd like a great QB with a throwback to the glory days and a probowl WR, but we don't have that. I'd be happy if we could be like the Jets in the mold of the 90's Cowpies (who also had a very good passing game,) who beat us by running teams over and playing tough D, but we don't have that yet. How about a head coach who knows enough about X's & O's to know that you need to use the whole field in the passing game and not constantly line up in running formations on first down and run up the gut again and again and again? How about a head coach who realizes that the NFL is a passing league and can put together a game plan to make us competitive and get us to the playoffs where we start to at least think "any given Sunday" again? How about a head coach with an offensive philosophy that you have to pass to set up the run and has a system that he can teach to revolving-door offensive coordinators to give us at least some offensive stability on O? How about picking up a QB or passrush in FA instead of passing them over and watching them tear it up for other teams?

After 8 seasons of watching us eat scum and drafting Kwame "Ole" and Mike "Can't Cover" Rumph and seeing Alex Smith (a poor man's Jim Evert) as our best QB, a classless firing of Mooch (I wanted a pass-first coach over him but hated how we got rid of him and never replaced him with anyone even as good,) Donahue, cutting Jeff Garcia so that we could become an expansion team and getting my hopes up each year only to be let down (especially this year,) I voted "Yes." I voted "Yes" because I am still hoping for greatness. I voted "Yes" because "Yes" says "No" to some of our players, our staff, our philosophy on the field and in building a team. I voted "Yes" because I am tired of seeing us lose against real teams and win by beating up other bottom-feeders. I voted "Yes" because I want to see us win in the playoffs again.

Anyone who thinks I am not a fan just doesn't get it. I am still watching our team even though odds are the season is over. I am hoping that our O-line becomes great and Alex Smith becomes good. I am hoping that Nate Davis turns into Donavan McNabb. I am hoping that we draft the next Tom Brady/Joe Montana. I would just rather be good tomorrow than eh today. I just pray that we have the front office to carry it out even though I'm skeptical of that too.

[ Edited by Shreidan49er on Oct 18, 2010 at 11:12:26 ]
if you live in the bay area, you would understand that this was our superbowl
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I'm curious about the 18% that voted yes. Has anyone spoken up?

I have. I voted yes several times. I figured a lame question needed a lame answer.

... from a lame poster?

edit: mods, I'm clearly joking around with danimal, we're boys

sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of me constantly pushing the YES button

j/k, I only voted like twice.
Im more upset that we barely won. I wish we beat the s**t out of the Raiders.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

I grew up in SF and it feels good to beat the Raiders. But for me it's a bittersweet victory. I remember when the Raiders were a blip of a threat and even if we lost to them we'd win 10 games anyway. This win felt like sex with a hooker. It felt good, but afterwards I still felt empty inside.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
f**k it.

I'll bite.

Hell yeah, I'm upset.

We won this battle, but we're still well on our way to losing the war. Which war? The war to return competent, watchable football to the 49er organization.

Was it too much of an accident to desire a 49er loss when this team was so capable of doing so the past 5 games? Instead, it will put a false-optimism that this current regime, coaches, and certain select players (cough....Alex) can actually turn things around inspite of themselves. Why delay the inevitable?

Sometimes, you have to let the other team just walk into the endzone in order for you to get the ball back and score for the win. These are those desperate times!

The team needs to take baby steps. This is the first one. Be happy, be optimistic, be grateful the Niners beat the RAIDERS
Yes i am upset we won. Why? cause im tired of sucking and i d like the top draft pick either to pick a qb or for maximum trade value.Some people are under the impression that we are a good team that just hasnt clicked. NEWSFLASH: Good teams win CONSISTENTLY. We havent had a winning season since 2002. Neither of our starting OLBs have any pass rush ability. Haralson cant cover. Our secondary is terrible. Our oline is in need of repair. Dont even get me started on Alex. We need to address many problems before we even have a chance of competing with the top teams in the league. How is winning a few meaningless games going to help us at all? Its not. We will be in worse draft position and some of the talent we already have on our roster is either aging or on the decline.

I want long term success for my team not just some one and done game in the playoffs this year(which is still highly unlikely, as EVERY other team in our division has shown more promise than our team) which in turn sacrifices our future.

How each fan supports their team is their own buisness and im frankly tired of all these fans calling people haters just because we are upset with the way this team is run.
I am excited for the win! Clean or sloppy, a team builds on wins.

We were 0-5!!! That means the first win is going to be difficult but we won and the team has that taste. Teams build upon them because they won't be looking at why they lost, they will be looking at improving how they can win better! This leads to more fine-tuning and cleaner games and confidence.

Teams building on wins is a vital part of the process.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home