There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are you upset that we won?

Are you upset that we won?

...... ...... ...... was this a serious question ??????

[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Oct 18, 2010 at 05:41:16 ]
Originally posted by dobo:
Some haters have voted yes, but don't have the stones to voice their opinions.

And lol @ those of you who didn't bother to read my post -- or maybe weren't able to comprehend it -- and assume that I'm upset that we won.

I voted yes. I feel every win we get from this point screws our chances of getting Locker. Not to mention there'd be no better way to start the week then seeing Sing get fired!
How can anyone be proud of yesterdays game? Gore was the only exciting thing. It reminded me of the Bush Bowl back in like 05 against the Texans. Just horrendous. And this was against their backup QB nonetheless.
  • ZRF80
No one is upset that we won. People are upset, however, that we have only one win in a season where we were supposed to win the division. Does beating Oakland change anything ? Not really. Except that we'll have to endure another 2 weeks of Alex Smith stinking it up for 3 quarters, only to put together a couple good drives and have the coaching staff/some fans ride his nutsack for another couple weeks.

The majority of fans want change. Anyone with common sense can tell you that Sing's philosophy is not working, and that Alex Smith has not lived up to expectations. Both need to go ASAP....and the longer we keep them around, the longer we have to endure losing seasons.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I cant believe people are upset that we won. It just goes to show more people are emotionally (disturbingly) invested on one guys (Smith, Alexander) failure than the team's success.

I'm fvcking proud of our guys today

Alex Smith - 2 TDs, 0 ints, while not totally accurate the decision making was sound.

Frank Gore - Dude finally came through today. Excellent game.

Defense - Created turn overs and we won.

I really don't understand what there is to be upset about.

It's about consistency Lambda. You jumped off Smith's bandwagon a couple weeks back, no ? Is this what you expected from the Niners ? Just barely beating one o the worst teams in the NFL....

Im glad that we won. But this is NOT how I want the season to go. Why watch Smith stink it up for 3 quarters, put together a couple good drives, and then maybe have the Niners eek out a narrow victory ? If anything, it might just convince the Yorks (who apparently dont care about winning) to give him an extension and keep Sing around for another year.

What this team needs is a major overhaul. We've seen enough 7-9, 8-8, 6-10 seasons over the past 6 years to think otherwise.

A win is a win.........but this team is definitely not where we wanted it to be. Neither is the coaching staff or our starting QB.
"Upset" is not the word that describes how I felt.

Maybe a combination of relief but continued skepticism, along with a derisive snort about this team that still has to go along way to prove that it can plan and execute competent NFL football on a consistent basis.

The D was competent enough without any killer mistakes.

The O was still bumbling and ugly for 3 quarters until it woke up - probably just as much to the fact that the Raiders were even more incompetent than we were yesterday on offense.

Frank Gore did not have killer fumbles. Great.

Alex Smith made nice TD throws. Thanks for showing another rare display of competence. But as usual, it takes a long stretch of downright ugliness and another display of displeasure by MS and the fans for him to get his head out of his rear end. And MS is clueless on the field as usual.

Am I happy that we won, Yes. But it is the kind of happy where your house just burned to the ground, you just found out that your wife is banging your plumber, your teenager just wrecked your van, but Hey, at least the IRS won't follow through on its audit of your tax return this year.

Championship!
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
"Upset" is not the word that describes how I felt.

Maybe a combination of relief but continued skepticism, along with a derisive snort about this team that still has to go along way to prove that it can plan and execute competent NFL football on a consistent basis.

The D was competent enough without any killer mistakes.

The O was still bumbling and ugly for 3 quarters until it woke up - probably just as much to the fact that the Raiders were even more incompetent than we were yesterday on offense.

Frank Gore did not have killer fumbles. Great.

Alex Smith made nice TD throws. Thanks for showing another rare display of competence. But as usual, it takes a long stretch of downright ugliness and another display of displeasure by MS and the fans for him to get his head out of his rear end. And MS is clueless on the field as usual.

Am I happy that we won, Yes. But it is the kind of happy where your house just burned to the ground, you just found out that your wife is banging your plumber, your teenager just wrecked your van, but Hey, at least the IRS won't follow through on its audit of your tax return this year.

Championship!

cyniccccccccc...................by definition.

[ Edited by tondiman on Oct 18, 2010 at 05:54:48 ]
Yes I am depressed over the win. And Alex Smith still won't get benched.....OMG!!!!

hold me.
Interesting thread. Upset that we won. WTF?

I havent looked at the results, but it's a sad day when we win, and we're upset that we won.

And trust me f**k talkin bout the Smith s**t. WE won a game, so there should be no complaints.
Of course it's great to get a win. In my opinion, if Bruce Gradkowski had been healthy and started for the Raiders, we would be 0-6 right now. Campbell made Smith look like a pro-bowler compared to him!

After watching yesterdays game, Smith missed so many wide open receivers deep. He is still playing scared. He has bad mechanics, doesn't set his back foot when throwing. Also, if we continue to play like we did yesterday for the rest of our games, we will be lucky to win 4 games.

The Rams beat the Chargers, the Seahawks beat the Bears. I don't see us winning the division.
who the f**k said yes

i cant believe they are people here who would rather see alex fail then a niner win thats just pathethic and 20 %
While I believe in my heart the Niners will be drafting in the top 10, it was wonderful watching the first win of the season. It was ugly but a win none the les.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I cant believe people are upset that we won. It just goes to show more people are emotionally (disturbingly) invested on one guys (Smith, Alexander) failure than the team's success.

I'm fvcking proud of our guys today

Alex Smith - 2 TDs, 0 ints, while not totally accurate the decision making was sound.

Frank Gore - Dude finally came through today. Excellent game.

Defense - Created turn overs and we won.

I really don't understand what there is to be upset about.

It's about consistency Lambda. You jumped off Smith's bandwagon a couple weeks back, no ? Is this what you expected from the Niners ? Just barely beating one o the worst teams in the NFL....

Im glad that we won. But this is NOT how I want the season to go. Why watch Smith stink it up for 3 quarters, put together a couple good drives, and then maybe have the Niners eek out a narrow victory ? If anything, it might just convince the Yorks (who apparently dont care about winning) to give him an extension and keep Sing around for another year.

What this team needs is a major overhaul. We've seen enough 7-9, 8-8, 6-10 seasons over the past 6 years to think otherwise.

A win is a win.........but this team is definitely not where we wanted it to be. Neither is the coaching staff or our starting QB.

Let me tell ya'll no real disrespect, but some of ya'll really need to stop b***hing. Had we lost, we'd hear this or that, we win, and some still b***hin. I dont give a s**t if we win by 1pt for the next 4 weeks. The idea is that we won, and the only positive thing ZRF said is a win is a win, period. f**k, the buts, and all that other bs. we arent 0-6.

This is why the classless thread was made a while ago. When we win, and dont turn the ball over, then it's a good game in my opinion. the team wanted the win and they rose to the occasion finally. The Raiders were 2-3, so could have easily been 3-3. It's funny they beat at least one respectable team, then it's funny. We lose and it's damn, we got beat up. We win, and it dont matter, it's the f**kin raiders. Some of ya'll are soo hypocritical that it's scary.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
who the f**k said yes

i cant believe they are people here who would rather see alex fail then a niner win thats just pathethic and 20 %

ask ridiculous questions, expect ridiculous answers. I voted Yes like 10 times so far.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran