• ZRF80
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
If you answered yes to this question you should be banned from this site and kicked in the nuts until you cough up blood.

^^^^

Haha, THIS! .... and I think this was a good thread idea. I don't think everyone's being forthright though. Make no mistake, there are fans here that would rather SF lose with Mike/Alex at their respective role.

that just doesn't make sense to me personally.

I have already stated that I believe Sing and Alex Smiths futures are already decided. I think most of the Sing and Smith realists know this.

s**t I hope they win out. Nothing can save either one of them now.

Not yet. Did you see the Smith bandwagon tooting its horn last night ? Just take a look at Memphis's (right above mines) posts over the past 12 hours. The guy's just oozing with Alex koolaid. This is typical behavior from Smith apologists. The team wins, and they gush about Alex's great play, even if it was limited to a handful of downs. The team loses, and they point fingers at coaches/receivers/oline.

What we need is to close the book on this awful experiment. I dont want front management to even cosndier giving Sing/Smith another chance next season. Does that mean I want them to lose ? No. Why enjoy the sport if you're rooting for your team to lose. However, I do expect Smith to crash hard, so even his supporters just fade away into the sunset. In essence, front management will have no choice but to find a replacement.

The boos in Candlestick are a clear message to Jed.

Bye bye Memphis, backontop, binary.

You have no room to be questioning anyone else's views about this team, to you everything bad that happens with this team is on Smith. Which just shows how little you understand. I wouldn't mind replacing Smith, if there were someone better to replace him with. But trying to pin the struggles on him is just ignorant, and makes one wonder if you are truly this ignorant or just so hung up on Smith that you cannot see the forest for the trees. You are truly one of the worst posters in the history of this site, and every time you post you prove it.

Take a deep breath, homey. Your boy is going down.

I told you this a few years ago, but you were in denial then just like you are now. Except that AT LEAST now you acknowledge that Smith needs to be replaced.

Id rather not give Smith a chance to save his job with a 7-9 record. I think for you guys (Smith supporters), it's about pride. You invested a lot in him, and he let you down. It's ok.....we're all Niner fans. We'll be back on top...with someone else.

I think it's safe to say that if the OAK game is an indication of Alex's overall play from now to the end of the season, then we are definitely looking for a replacement.

It's the only win he has this season. What other statistical analysis can you go by ? He lost every other game, PLUS he was playing from behind in the majority of them. This is as good as it gets with Alex.
If you answered yes to this question you should be banned from this site and kicked in the nuts until you cough up blood.

^^^^

Haha, THIS! .... and I think this was a good thread idea. I don't think everyone's being forthright though. Make no mistake, there are fans here that would rather SF lose with Mike/Alex at their respective role.

I have already stated that I believe Sing and Alex Smiths futures are already decided. I think most of the Sing and Smith realists know this.

Not yet. Did you see the Smith bandwagon tooting its horn last night ? Just take a look at Memphis's (right above mines) posts over the past 12 hours. The guy's just oozing with Alex koolaid. This is typical behavior from Smith apologists. The team wins, and they gush about Alex's great play, even if it was limited to a handful of downs. The team loses, and they point fingers at coaches/receivers/oline.

What we need is to close the book on this awful experiment. I dont want front management to even cosndier giving Sing/Smith another chance next season. Does that mean I want them to lose ? No. Why enjoy the sport if you're rooting for your team to lose. However, I do expect Smith to crash hard, so even his supporters just fade away into the sunset. In essence, front management will have no choice but to find a replacement.

Just take a look at OAK results when Campbell plays and when Gradkowski plays. The results are vastly different and this is with the same crappy team around them.

Honestly, if Bruce plays, we lose this game.

You dont need to look at OAK. Just take a look at the Niners when Smith actually looks like a legit QB. Completely different teams: one looks like a bonified SB contender....the other like a piece of turd.

I find it hard to believe that the oline all of a sudden just starts to click at certain moments of the game. It's eaier for me to believe that Alex starts playing better when he has that high-risk-high-reward mentality. He forces the defense to play the pass..........less defenders blitz him, and he makes good throws. The entire team plays better (defense, STs) because they're pumped. On the other hand, when Alex craps all over the field.......the team goes down with him.

Inconsistency has been Alex's biggest gripe. Im sick of it. The fans are sick of it. And I think York is getting sick of it.

He'll be gone by season's end for sure, but Id like to see him benched a lot sooner.

Yeah but you can't use that because it's easy to claim that he's playing well because the OL is playing better or WR's are playing betters. The same can't be said if you take two entirely different QB's who are getting different results from the same OL.

Now, if Carr comes in and lights it up, then we have a legit claim.

But I know what you mean and feel the same.

True. I mean, take a look at what Hill did with Hostler. He took a playbook that Alex couldnt execute, and he actually made the offense look legit. A lot of people argued that Hostler changed the book to Hill's liking, but not the case at all. It's all about execution. Some QBs can do it; some cant. Alex cant.

I think I'm the only one who believes that Hostler called a very unpredictable game having Smith getting 4-5 receiver looks. Dilfer was the one who made Hostler's offense look like s**t. No one notices the fact that Dilfer has a pattern of doing this in the league.

Hill had success under:
Martz
Hostler
Raye (no Raye-Gun implemented for Hill)
No, we beat the raiders and won a game.

I will be upset if Coach keeps his job if we go 1-15

Thats just stupid.

^^^^

You have no room to be questioning anyone else's views about this team, to you everything bad that happens with this team is on Smith. Which just shows how little you understand. I wouldn't mind replacing Smith, if there were someone better to replace him with. But trying to pin the struggles on him is just ignorant, and makes one wonder if you are truly this ignorant or just so hung up on Smith that you cannot see the forest for the trees. You are truly one of the worst posters in the history of this site, and every time you post you prove it.

I told you this a few years ago, but you were in denial then just like you are now. Except that AT LEAST now you acknowledge that Smith needs to be replaced.

Id rather not give Smith a chance to save his job with a 7-9 record. I think for you guys (Smith supporters), it's about pride. You invested a lot in him, and he let you down. It's ok.....we're all Niner fans. We'll be back on top...with someone else.

I think it's safe to say that if the OAK game is an indication of Alex's overall play from now to the end of the season, then we are definitely looking for a replacement.

It's the only win he has this season. What other statistical analysis can you go by ? He lost every other game, PLUS he was playing from behind in the majority of them. This is as good as it gets with Alex.

Do you know who else is 1-5?

Willis
Gore
J. Smith
V.D.
Crabtree

...and about 48 other players.
Originally posted by HomerJ:

^^^^

Do you know who else is 1-5?

Willis
Gore
J. Smith
V.D.
Crabtree

...and about 48 other players.

And the Dallas Cowboys.
Seriously? No I wanted this team to go 0-16 and then we could get the top QB in the draft to be a bust and no free agent or coach will want to come here or stay here and then we can begin the process of rebuilding again. Hell no I'm not upset we won. This team has the potential to be a real contender. We have lots of talent and more than anything else, no matter what you think of the coaching, no matter what you think of the QB, the #1 thing holding this team back is confidence in what they are doing and the ability to execute on the field. The most important thing this team can do is to start winning games. We finally didn't get in our own way this week. On to next week, and then the week after. 1 at a time.

^^^^

Just take a look at OAK results when Campbell plays and when Gradkowski plays. The results are vastly different and this is with the same crappy team around them.

Honestly, if Bruce plays, we lose this game.

Yep, and Alex most likely gets benched. A win can do a lot for a desperate team. A lot of Smith's supporters are using the win to defend his bad game, but in reality...he played just as bad as he did against the Eagles. Another outing like this, combined with a LOSS and he'll be benched.

Neither you, ZRF, nor Joecool can say Bruce would've won this game. Our defense, other than the first few drives, was pretty stout. Bruce would've had a hard time playing better than even Campbell, though I think Bruce is overall a better QB. But the way the whole Raiders team was playing better, Bruce would not have helped the team much, if any better.

Enough of the what if statements. They're really annoying.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by mjo116:
Yes i am upset we won. Why? cause im tired of sucking and i d like the top draft pick either to pick a qb or for maximum trade value.Some people are under the impression that we are a good team that just hasnt clicked. NEWSFLASH: Good teams win CONSISTENTLY. We havent had a winning season since 2002. Neither of our starting OLBs have any pass rush ability. Haralson cant cover. Our secondary is terrible. Our oline is in need of repair. Dont even get me started on Alex. We need to address many problems before we even have a chance of competing with the top teams in the league. How is winning a few meaningless games going to help us at all? Its not. We will be in worse draft position and some of the talent we already have on our roster is either aging or on the decline.

I want long term success for my team not just some one and done game in the playoffs this year(which is still highly unlikely, as EVERY other team in our division has shown more promise than our team) which in turn sacrifices our future.

How each fan supports their team is their own buisness and im frankly tired of all these fans calling people haters just because we are upset with the way this team is run.

And how do winning streaks start? With your very first WIN!

Did you even read what i wrote? Short term success means nothing.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Yes i am upset we won. Why? cause im tired of sucking and i d like the top draft pick either to pick a qb or for maximum trade value.Some people are under the impression that we are a good team that just hasnt clicked. NEWSFLASH: Good teams win CONSISTENTLY. We havent had a winning season since 2002. Neither of our starting OLBs have any pass rush ability. Haralson cant cover. Our secondary is terrible. Our oline is in need of repair. Dont even get me started on Alex. We need to address many problems before we even have a chance of competing with the top teams in the league. How is winning a few meaningless games going to help us at all? Its not. We will be in worse draft position and some of the talent we already have on our roster is either aging or on the decline.

I want long term success for my team not just some one and done game in the playoffs this year(which is still highly unlikely, as EVERY other team in our division has shown more promise than our team) which in turn sacrifices our future.

How each fan supports their team is their own buisness and im frankly tired of all these fans calling people haters just because we are upset with the way this team is run.

And how do winning streaks start? With your very first WIN!

Did you even read what i wrote? Short term success means nothing.

You take a win when you can get them. Anyone wanting to lose to get better position in the draft is just plain dumb. Giving up on the season after 6 weeks? Give me a break. That's pathetically pessimistic.

So you think, only when we have a "legit" team, that wins are going to matter then? This thread is dumb. Go ask anyone in the locker room if they're upset they won.

The Dallas Cowboys have a good team and they can't even win. So who cares if we have a bad team, good team, whatever, take the win, and learn from it. Grow from there.

You're not looking at all the bad implications if you lose. When you lose, the team morale goes down, players start to take it upon themselves to win the game and don't play as a team, EVERYTHING. If you want to hope for a better team, then be pleased with a win, go take a wild guess as how those "playmakers" feel after losing bunch of games. You think then, they'll automatically click in their heads, "OK we can start winning now."

For the record, I was going nuts yesterday when Smith Threw the TD to crabtree, I ran around the house saying "that's what Im talking about!!!"

However, I would understand if people hoping for a loss.

I can understand for a few reasons. I think a lot of people on this board have jumped ship on Alex, and Singletary, and so whenever we win they know that it gives them another day to stand. They just dont want to go through another season or another 6 years where we have so much inconsistency, and lack of Educated Leadership on the sidelines that is based solely on that fact that they have "the ability" to be great if they can just put it together.

I think they are looking to the future already, and thinking how can this be good? Sing will stay, Alex will stay....and for the forseeable future we go nowhere as a team.

I understand.

However. I will never cheer for the 49ers to Lose. Period.

If you have a son, and you want him to play football, but he wants to be a piano player, You dont hope that at his recital that he bombs in front of 1,000 peers. You cheer him on, even if he's not doing what YOU thought he should do.
  • Roxy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by English:
17% are upset that we won. This is not good

Friggin pathetic.

Getting sick of this fan on fan bashing going on here. I can forgive niner fans for a lot of different reactions after what we have been through with the Nolan years and now Sing. We were 0-5 after having our hopes raised by a boisterous coach who now appears cluessless and over matched. We saw the same things for YEARS with Nolan. I don't blame the fans for wanting a blue chip QB in the draft at this point, even if it means losing games. I really don't. We've seen year after year the futility of being good enough to miss the playoffs and coming on strong at the end of the season. It's stops a team from tearing down and rebuilding, which might need to happen to this offense.

Direct your anger to Singletary for his choice of Coordinator Jimm F'in Raye! This is where the fortunes of this took a huge detour. If Singletary would have left the keys of the offense in the hands of someone TALENTED who knew how to build and drill an NFL offense (even Martz) and just kept out of it, this would be a very different team. Sing signed his own death warrant to his NFL career by choosing Raye.