There are 223 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are you upset that we won?

Are you upset that we won?

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I'm only upset that the Giants lost tonight

This...

I'm no fan of Dingleberry nor Smith -- and I was just waiting for the team to blow it yesterday (they do tend to find ways to lose games) -- and I was both surprised and pleased to see them pull it off.

I'll go a step further and tell you that I'd be overjoyed if the Niners took off on a ten game winning streak -- finished the year at 11-5 and won the division and a home playoff game.

I don't think it will happen -- but darn tootin I'd be happy about it!
Originally posted by mjo116:
Yes i am upset we won. Why? cause im tired of sucking and i d like the top draft pick either to pick a qb or for maximum trade value.Some people are under the impression that we are a good team that just hasnt clicked. NEWSFLASH: Good teams win CONSISTENTLY. We havent had a winning season since 2002. Neither of our starting OLBs have any pass rush ability. Haralson cant cover. Our secondary is terrible. Our oline is in need of repair. Dont even get me started on Alex. We need to address many problems before we even have a chance of competing with the top teams in the league. How is winning a few meaningless games going to help us at all? Its not. We will be in worse draft position and some of the talent we already have on our roster is either aging or on the decline.

I want long term success for my team not just some one and done game in the playoffs this year(which is still highly unlikely, as EVERY other team in our division has shown more promise than our team) which in turn sacrifices our future.

How each fan supports their team is their own buisness and im frankly tired of all these fans calling people haters just because we are upset with the way this team is run.

And how do winning streaks start? With your very first WIN!
Man, I thought I WAS NEGATIVE
Originally posted by Joecool:
I am excited for the win! Clean or sloppy, a team builds on wins.

We were 0-5!!! That means the first win is going to be difficult but we won and the team has that taste. Teams build upon them because they won't be looking at why they lost, they will be looking at improving how they can win better! This leads to more fine-tuning and cleaner games and confidence.

Teams building on wins is a vital part of the process.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
f**k it.

I'll bite.

Hell yeah, I'm upset.

We won this battle, but we're still well on our way to losing the war. Which war? The war to return competent, watchable football to the 49er organization.

Was it too much of an accident to desire a 49er loss when this team was so capable of doing so the past 5 games? Instead, it will put a false-optimism that this current regime, coaches, and certain select players (cough....Alex) can actually turn things around inspite of themselves. Why delay the inevitable?

Sometimes, you have to let the other team just walk into the endzone in order for you to get the ball back and score for the win. These are those desperate times!

The team needs to take baby steps. This is the first one. Be happy, be optimistic, be grateful the Niners beat the RAIDERS

I didn't vote but I can understand the "lose out" sentiment. If sloppy wins against bad teams mean Smith and Sing come back AND we are out of the running for a real qb in the draft, then I'd rather lose out and be assured of both
t Smith/Sing being gone and us getting a legit qb on our roster.
If you answered yes to this question you should be banned from this site and kicked in the nuts until you cough up blood.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
If you answered yes to this question you should be banned from this site and kicked in the nuts until you cough up blood.

Thats a bit harsh.
Originally posted by susweel:

Thats a bit harsh.

Yeh...a kick in the nuts would have sufficed....

^^^^

Haha, THIS! .... and I think this was a good thread idea. I don't think everyone's being forthright though. Make no mistake, there are fans here that would rather SF lose with Mike/Alex at their respective role.
Originally posted by susweel:

Thats a bit harsh.

I could have been harsher, but figured I would take it easy for the delicate types.
Anyone who is upset ought to check their Niner pride...this team really needed that win and I'm happy for them. First half was UGLY, no doubt, but Alex got it going late to get the FG then two nice TD passes in the 2nd. I WANT Alex to do well...because if he does, we have a very good chance of winning. All those calling for Carr...be careful what you wish for.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
f**k it.

I'll bite.

Hell yeah, I'm upset.

We won this battle, but we're still well on our way to losing the war. Which war? The war to return competent, watchable football to the 49er organization.

Was it too much of an accident to desire a 49er loss when this team was so capable of doing so the past 5 games? Instead, it will put a false-optimism that this current regime, coaches, and certain select players (cough....Alex) can actually turn things around inspite of themselves. Why delay the inevitable?

Sometimes, you have to let the other team just walk into the endzone in order for you to get the ball back and score for the win. These are those desperate times!

The team needs to take baby steps. This is the first one. Be happy, be optimistic, be grateful the Niners beat the RAIDERS

I didn't vote but I can understand the "lose out" sentiment. If sloppy wins against bad teams mean Smith and Sing come back AND we are out of the running for a real qb in the draft, then I'd rather lose out and be assured of both
t Smith/Sing being gone and us getting a legit qb on our roster.

Originally posted by oldman9er:

^^^^

Haha, THIS! .... and I think this was a good thread idea. I don't think everyone's being forthright though. Make no mistake, there are fans here that would rather SF lose with Mike/Alex at their respective role.

that just doesn't make sense to me personally.

I have already stated that I believe Sing and Alex Smiths futures are already decided. I think most of the Sing and Smith realists know this.

s**t I hope they win out. Nothing can save either one of them now.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

^^^^

that just doesn't make sense to me personally.

I have already stated that I believe Sing and Alex Smiths futures are already decided. I think most of the Sing and Smith realists know this.

s**t I hope they win out. Nothing can save either one of them now.

Then that is how it will go down..because you say so.
I am indifferent at this point, and that is about as bad as it gets for me as a 49er fan. I will never root against them, but I am now feeling apathetic about the outcome of the games when I watch them. I don't think they have the same perspective as a lot of us fans in wanting to have a dynamic offense with a gunslinger QB. If they don't want that, then there is no point in even wishing for it.

[ Edited by djfullshred on Oct 18, 2010 at 12:25:05 ]