Not a member? Register Now!

Resigning Lawson.

Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by susweel:
I...will...fight...the ...urge. LOL

come on, just do it

LMAO! Nah, ppl see what they want and let's be honest, we've rehashed this topic a few hundred times already. If ppl don't use the search function what makes you think they'll see the bigger picture this time around?

Hybrid Mayhem and Big Nickle FTL!!!!!

I was thinking that if Jed blows up the team, we may move on with a different DC and switch back to a 4-3 allowing Lawson to stay as a SAM. We could have a very formidable 4-3 LB core with Lawson-Willis-Bowman next year.

Or cut the losses, let him go and draft a beast at DE/OLB and keep Manusky?

Ah, soooo many possibilities.

One thing is for sure, Manny's making a name for himself this year and he will be worth some bucks in FA even with the impending walk-out.

Or they could try to get Lamar Woodley a proven beast at OLB.
Originally posted by lamontb:

come on, just do it

LMAO! Nah, ppl see what they want and let's be honest, we've rehashed this topic a few hundred times already. If ppl don't use the search function what makes you think they'll see the bigger picture this time around?

I was thinking that if Jed blows up the team, we may move on with a different DC and switch back to a 4-3 allowing Lawson to stay as a SAM. We could have a very formidable 4-3 LB core with Lawson-Willis-Bowman next year.

One thing is for sure, Manny's making a name for himself this year and he will be worth some bucks in FA even with the impending walk-out.

Not sure that would work. Look no further than Tully Banta-Cain. TBC gets a total of 4 sacks in TWO years for SF... then promptly goes to NE and racks up 9.5 sacks in one year. That's scheme... pure and simple. DeMarcus Ware could be the only extreme that could produce consistent pressure with this scheme in SF.... and even that is questionable.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

come on, just do it

Not sure that would work. Look no further than Tully Banta-Cain. TBC gets a total of 4 sacks in TWO years for SF... then promptly goes to NE and racks up 9.5 sacks in one year. That's scheme... pure and simple. DeMarcus Ware could be the only extreme that could produce consistent pressure with this scheme in SF.... and even that is questionable.

come on, just do it

True scheme plays a part especially sense the niners are so dam passive and uncreative with blitzes. However Woodley imo is just a better player and has the pass rushing skills that Manny doesn't. Manny's main problem is that when matched up against tight end and running backs he can't beat them. While Woodley dominates them. He's just as good in coverage and run support. Everything isn't scheme. TBC hasn't done much this season(i think he's hurt but not sure). He played in that same scheme before coming to SF and wasn't that productive. It was just a one year wonder last year for him.

come on, just do it

True scheme plays a part especially sense the niners are so dam passive and uncreative with blitzes. However Woodley imo is just a better player and has the pass rushing skills that Manny doesn't. Manny's main problem is that when matched up against tight end and running backs he can't beat them. While Woodley dominates them. He's just as good in coverage and run support. Everything isn't scheme. TBC hasn't done much this season(i think he's hurt but not sure). He played in that same scheme before coming to SF and wasn't that productive. It was just a one year wonder last year for him.

TBC had 5.5 sacks the year before joining SF, and as only a part-time player. He couldn't even manage that production in 2 years for us. But aside from that, no way in hell would I believe that Woodley is in the same realm of Manny's coverage skills. Both are good vs the run, I'll give you that much. The difference in pass rush between them is that Woodley is better able to use strength and leverage to work his way back INSIDE on OTs. No doubt, Woodley's built for powering through blocks. Which is why I always felt that Manny's just out of place as a 3-4 player. Would be a hell of a 4-3 OLB, and yeah, he can use that speed to turn the corner and smash through RBs/FB/TEs... so long as they don't successfully cut him low.

(just talking here... I'm not being combative)