There are 220 users in the forums

Resigning Lawson.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Other than DAVIS and WILLIS.....i'd think twice about signing a lot of our players..
They just don't seem to have that winning "finishing attitude"....then again this may fall on the coach.
What do you all think about LaBoy? I think he's playing pretty well out there. Do we keep him or is he gone at the end of the season?
I...will...fight...the ...urge. LOL
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
During the off-season we've been talking about this team having many potentiall Free Agents. We listed in our minds that the players worthy of the extensions were in this order:

1. Willis
2. Davis
3. Goldson
4. Morgan
5. Manny Lawson

We've gotten Willis and Davis out of the way! Obviously.....

At this point of the season, if we can re-create that same list....the players of importance are:

1. Willis
2. Davis
3. Manny Lawson
4. Morgan
5. Goldson

I truthfully feel that Manny Lawson is an asset on the field. He can tackle, especially tackles for loss. Oh and btw, the many can cover like a safety....watch the replay of the 49ers/Raiders game yesterday.

So what Im saying, before Lawson continues to shine...we need to extend him before the off-season comes. Because the demand for good/great OLB is HIGH and the quality of them availiable is slim. So lets this be the official....GET MANNY LAWSON a NEW CONTRACT THREAD.!!!!!!!

Lets do this!

Good Topic. For me the priority is Lawson, Morgan, Baas. In that order. Goldson and Franklin have done nothing to get a new contract. They are both very overrated. It is nice to see RJF getting more playing time. Hopefully Reggie Smith starts getting playing time at FS.

If it comes down to it, the 9ers can Franchise Lawson and probably resign both Morgan and Baas to inexpensive deals. This is what could happen if nobody resigns during the season. Idealy they lock 1 of the 3 up before the end of the season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:

come on, just do it
Originally posted by susweel:

come on, just do it

LMAO! Nah, ppl see what they want and let's be honest, we've rehashed this topic a few hundred times already. If ppl don't use the search function what makes you think they'll see the bigger picture this time around?
Hell no
Manny is having a very good year. He had a great game yesterday as he was everywhere, literally. He totally blew up the FB on one play and pancaked him on his way to pressure the QB.

Did you see the post game interview with Gary on the postgame show?

Manny looks WAY bigger...too big.
Who wants to extend anyone's contract on a 1-5 team?

I get more satisfaction by masturbating with a cheese grater.

Seriously tho -- if this team was off to a 5-1 or even a 4-2 start -- then I can see some talk about extending contracts or locking someone up to a long term deal.

But when th record is 1-5 and the season is heading for a shytehole and you haven't posted so much as a winning record in nearly a decade? I say it's time to blow it to smithereens and start over again.

[ Edited by billbird2111 on Oct 22, 2010 at 03:39:00 ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Who wants to extend anyone's contract on a 1-5 team?

I get more satisfaction by masturbating with a cheese grater.

Seriously tho -- if this team was off to a 5-1 or even a 4-2 start -- then I can see some talk about extending contracts or locking someone up to a long term deal.

But when th record is 1-5 and the season is heading for a shytehole and you haven't posted so much as a winning record in nearly a decade? I say it's time to blow it to smithereens and start over again.

so dont sign anyone!

[ Edited by 49ersNoKaOi on Oct 22, 2010 at 04:59:16 ]

Originally posted by susweel:

come on, just do it

LMAO! Nah, ppl see what they want and let's be honest, we've rehashed this topic a few hundred times already. If ppl don't use the search function what makes you think they'll see the bigger picture this time around?

Hybrid Mayhem and Big Nickle FTL!!!!!

I was thinking that if Jed blows up the team, we may move on with a different DC and switch back to a 4-3 allowing Lawson to stay as a SAM. We could have a very formidable 4-3 LB core with Lawson-Willis-Bowman next year.

Or cut the losses, let him go and draft a beast at DE/OLB and keep Manusky?

Ah, soooo many possibilities.

One thing is for sure, Manny's making a name for himself this year and he will be worth some bucks in FA even with the impending walk-out.
He's a good SAM LB, primarily to cover TE's, and stop the run..Our WLB shud be the great pass rusher. Not Manny...RESIGN PLEASE!
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Lawson's interception against the Raiders was probably the most athletic interception I've seen from a linebacker. Good DBs often don't make that pick. I think there's a place on the roster for Lawson if the price is right. Disappointing that he's never been a factor in the pass rush, so I wouldn't break the bank.

I agree, Manny is not a great pass rusher; I think his best was 6 in a season. The rest of his game is deserving of a new deal. Like most in this discussion, I think he should be resigned if the price is right.
We drafted him to be a pass rusher, and then turn around and use him primarily in coverage, we need to use him more as a pass rusher to see if it's worth it to re-sign him
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
i wouldn't over pay him.

+1

Same goes for Goldston

Goldson is garbage! I wouldn't even bother resigning him. Hahaha he calls himself a ball hawk. Hmmm where has his ball hawk been???

Agree. His ball hawk has been MIA.. I would be surprised if Goldson is around next year.. He'll be looking for Antrel Rolle $$ and some team will be stupid enough to give it to him.
Share 49ersWebzone