There are 247 users in the forums

Resigning Lawson.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Overrated

Find me a LB(excluding P-Willie) who can run stride for Stride with a Great TE and intercept the pass in a diving fashion.....than Ill agree

One int in 3 years. Big whoop

This. However, Lawson is one of our key players against the run.

I was looking at football outsiders stats and our defense is ranked near the top in terms of stopping runs to his side. We are terrible in stopping runs to the other side...Parys...no speed...

We need to lose Parys, use that money on our strong strong side guy, Manny, and work on a "real" weakside pass rush.

Yes, thank you! Manny Lawson's job isnt to get INT's ..But he is good enough to use him that way(That's why he is a keeper). His real strenght is run stuffing and if you watch Niner games he's always right there to wrap up or stop a player for a loss. I believe he had 2-3 tackles for loss on McCoy in the eagles game, and McCoy is a speedster.
[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7771/photos;_ylt=AkMJU27bSfti_n8Ybny8PoP.uLYF?slug=8451342f90fe9aa1a59b56ed31ac6234-getty-98639805es004_oakland_raide]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7771/photos;_ylt=AkMJU27bSfti_n8Ybny8PoP.uLYF?slug=8451342f90fe9aa1a59b56ed31ac6234-getty-98639805es004_oakland_raide
Wow!

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Oct 18, 2010 at 14:27:31 ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Wow!

fixed!
Originally posted by boast:

Wow!

fixed!

Thank you...and now i can repharase my statement:

"WOWWW"
manny made a catch yesterday that probably all our receivers not named davis, crabtree or zeigler couldnt make. hes playing at a high level and he needs to be signed. goldson can go f**k himself if he wants 7 mill a year to play like he plays, morgan would be cheap but he needs to get hungry because hes playing lazy out there. davis and willis are signed. lawson needs to be next

Wow!

fixed!

"WOWWW"

Manny is definitely trying his best to earn a new contract, I'm happy for him. Maybe the Niners should franchise tag him and see if he can keep playing at a high level like this season!?
Originally posted by verb1der:

Wow!

fixed!

"WOWWW"

Manny is definitely trying his best to earn a new contract, I'm happy for him. Maybe the Niners should franchise tag him and see if he can keep playing at a high level like this season!?

probably a good idea. Look at Franklin.
resign Manny and let Harolson, Goldson and Franklin walk.
This is Morgan's last year. If we want a guy to make a catch a game we can put Jason Hill back on the field. At least Hill will attempt to stretch out like Manny did yesterday.

Goldson is still raw. Not worth 7 mil a season but not worth less than 3 mil a season cause attitude is worth something in the Secondary and he's Mike Lewis now that that Loser is gone.

I said this last Offeseason Manny NEEDS to be re-signed and we need to get rid of Haralson.

People Bish about Manny not making the Sacks? Why bish? Manny is on the Strong Side and has to deal with a lot more than what Haralson has to on the Weak Side. Yet you ALWAYS see Manny around the Ball. He may not get there in Shazam! like fashion but he's there and he's ALWAYS fighting to get the Ball Carrier.

Haralson gets there too but isn't making his presence felt. Manny had the Strip Sack Fumble Recovery this season and he had this Interception. That's what Manny gives this team. The ability to create turnovers. That's SEVERELY underrated by many in this Forum.

Oh yeah, if we get Merriman wave to Haralson at the end of the Season.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 18, 2010 at 14:40:12 ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I remember having a long conversation with a couple people in the off season about this. I think Lawson needs to be re-signed now. The guy plays all out all game, including special teams. The people who want him gone are the ones who expect him to get double digit sacks. Well, the strong side linebacker isn't the primary pass rusher. Lawson has been a disappointment in that department, but that's why he plays where he does. Take him for what he is and he's easily one of the team's top four linebackers.

When you consider that TKO may be gone soon and our complete lack of a weak side player, we need to hold onto the talent we have. You aren't going to find a guy who can replace Lawson as easily as some think.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Overrated

Find me a LB(excluding P-Willie) who can run stride for Stride with a Great TE and intercept the pass in a diving fashion.....than Ill agree

One int in 3 years. Big whoop

This. However, Lawson is one of our key players against the run.

I was looking at football outsiders stats and our defense is ranked near the top in terms of stopping runs to his side. We are terrible in stopping runs to the other side...Parys...no speed...

We need to lose Parys, use that money on our strong strong side guy, Manny, and work on a "real" weakside pass rush.

Yes, thank you! Manny Lawson's job isnt to get INT's ..But he is good enough to use him that way(That's why he is a keeper). His real strenght is run stuffing and if you watch Niner games he's always right there to wrap up or stop a player for a loss. I believe he had 2-3 tackles for loss on McCoy in the eagles game, and McCoy is a speedster.

Yeah but he bit hard on that double reverse yesterday.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'd rather dump Goldson, move Clements to FS, keep Mays at SS and draft a CB in 2nd round or sign a free agent CB.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rawdel:

Yeah but he bit hard on that double reverse yesterday.

Who didn't?

Did Willis?
it really depends on how much he wants. I read something like he want to get pay the same a Willis. if that is true then i have to say No Thanks. if he will take 3 to 5 mil a yr OK.
Lawson's interception against the Raiders was probably the most athletic interception I've seen from a linebacker. Good DBs often don't make that pick. I think there's a place on the roster for Lawson if the price is right. Disappointing that he's never been a factor in the pass rush, so I wouldn't break the bank.
Share 49ersWebzone