There are 217 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Resigning Lawson.

He can cover and rush the passer stop the run. Complete Player. I'd like to keep him and find someone better on the other side to replace haralson.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
He can cover and rush the passer stop the run. Complete Player. I'd like to keep him and find someone better on the other side to replace haralson.

Lock it MODS. LMAO!!!
Really? Because ONE nice pick? You wanna LOCK up 99, huh??

THIS.

Oh yeah, AND FIND A FRICKIN QB!!!!!!
i wouldn't over pay him.
Rather pay him then Goldson.

[ Edited by 5xChamp on Oct 17, 2010 at 14:23:43 ]
Originally posted by Jigga:

Well he is our best olb

How many sacks??? Hurries??? Hits???
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by Jigga:

Well he is our best olb

That's not saying much LOL
Let him walk if he wants calvin pace money.
Great against the run? YES.
Good against the pass? YES.
Rush the passer? NOPE.

In my opinion, it'd be nice to sign him for being being good against the run and in pass coverage. But given the money he'll want, and he's not a great pass-rusher... sad to say that we're going to have to let him walk.
  • 8to80
I will have to admit that I am impressed with how he is playing this season, but that isn't saying much. I do consider that he was injured his 2nd season. Putting it bluntly, he is average at best. He is extremely athletic, and that is why he was picked in the 1st round of a draft. But, it's his 4th year in the league, and he has yet to show us he is better than average. The only compliment I can give is that he's extremely athletic, and he is an all-around OLB. But, he doesn't excel in any particular area. So we should sign him to a long-term deal? I would rather have us take our chances w/signing Merriman. At least Merriman has shown above average ability.
sign swawn m he will bring anger and attitude to our defense
sure, Lawson's pretty good. He's having a decent year. I hope we try to sign him, but not for too much.
Originally posted by conan22:
sign swawn m he will bring anger and attitude to our defense

or he wont do s**t and is always injured hence the chargers prolly cutting him