LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Tackle Play - Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Man, Staley and Davis are just terrible. Every single pass play Smith is running for his life. I can somewhat understand Davis but Staley? This guy has gotten worse every year. FO's was noting that we also run the least off Staley's side too. Wonderful..he can't pass block and we can't run off his edge. This is a HUGE problem people. The talk of Chilo is seems to be the spotlight but watch our tackles and tell me what you think.
I've never been high on Staley. The right side of the line is getting destroyed though so far today. I can't figure out how Rachal remains a starter...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Man, Staley and Davis are just terrible. Every single pass play Smith is running for his life. I can somewhat understand Davis but Staley? This guy has gotten worse every year. FO's was noting that we also run the least off Staley's side too. Wonderful..he can't pass block and we can't run off his edge. This is a HUGE problem people. The talk of Chilo is seems to be the spotlight but watch our tackles and tell me what you think.

All I can say is I can't believe Staley seems to be regressing..

The picture of A.Davis laying on the ground as his QB runs for his life says it all.

Either we are very poor judges of talent or Solari is horrible.

As I type Staley gets destroyed....
just watched staley get pushed into smith. He should stop worrying about his damn Joe Show and start playing like a profession football player.
i read somewhere that staley has some kind of shoulder injury
our o line is just pathethic i thought solari and 2 1st round draft picks would fix it
Staley should've never been moved from RT. He isn't even close to being the elite player some fans here at the zone think he is.

The tackle play could be fixed real easily.....Move Staley back to RT and start Sims on the left side. If Sing wanted to fix the rest of the line, he'd move Snyder or Heitmann to RG and bench Rachal ass.

Line fixed; Sims, Iupati, Baas, Heitmann/Snyder, Staley
Line has been playing terrible all season. I'd like to see Alex with some time/less pressure back there.
2nd and 1 ans staley holds--I think we need to move davis inside and staley back to the other tackle
Smith is scrambling for his life on EVERY SINGLE PLAY. This team has totally quit on Singletary. He's done. It's over. Singletary needs to step down on his own at this point. It's almost like the team is sabotaging this game to get Singletary out (Alex too).

I feel for Alex today, he is being pressured every single play and he keeps getting booed. Oline stinks.
Every single run = up the middle. Every single roll out, bootleg, etc. = Smith has to throw away (2 guys totally unblocked running full speed at him).
  • flow
  • Veteran
LT: Sims
LG: Iupati
C: Baas
RG: Anthony Davis
RT: Staley
I agree the line is just AWFUL

But Sing will NOT change anything
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Staley should've never been moved from RT. He isn't even close to being the elite player some fans here at the zone think he is.

The tackle play could be fixed real easily.....Move Staley back to RT and start Sims on the left side. If Sing wanted to fix the rest of the line, he'd move Snyder or Heitmann to RG and bench Rachal ass.

Line fixed; Sims, Iupati, Baas, Heitmann/Snyder, Staley

I said this at the beginning of the season and was torched for suggesting it.

at least now the rest of the zone see's that staley isnt the player they think he is
Share 49ersWebzone