LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Tackle Play - Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by JDog:
We also have a big guy by the name of Alex Boone that looks much more nimble and would love to get a shot.....just thinkin?

for some reason when I saw your handle I thought of the course light commercial.

You know what goes great with the new sliver bullet pint?

Hot dogs!

DOG DOG DOG!

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I've never been high on Staley. The right side of the line is getting destroyed though so far today. I can't figure out how Rachal remains a starter...

One word Sing!
Originally posted by jones49:
We also have a big guy by the name of Alex Boone that looks much more nimble and would love to get a shot.....just thinkin?

for some reason when I saw your handle I thought of the course light commercial.

Hot dogs!

DOG DOG DOG!

huh i even attempted to proof read my post too.

I fail
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jones49:

Hot dogs!

DOG DOG DOG!

huh i even attempted to proof read my post too.

I fail

Ok... so lets "review the film" before making any rash decision time and again, and then.....next week....."review the film" again, and then.....next game....."review..

I wouldn't mind seeing Boone get in there. I'm also a fan of trying out Davis over there. That is what he played in college and like Simms, he might also be better equipped for playing that side.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Staley should've never been moved from RT. He isn't even close to being the elite player some fans here at the zone think he is.

The tackle play could be fixed real easily.....Move Staley back to RT and start Sims on the left side. If Sing wanted to fix the rest of the line, he'd move Snyder or Heitmann to RG and bench Rachal ass.

Line fixed; Sims, Iupati, Baas, Heitmann/Snyder, Staley

I said this at the beginning of the season and was torched for suggesting it.

I'm pretty sure some of us have been saying this for quite a while. I'm not sure who would torch you for it, Staley fan boys maybe??

The bottom line, Staley is over-rated. He has no biz being a LT, none what-so-ever. Davis seems to be over whelmed right now. He does alright on running downs, but the dude can't handle an avg pass rusher. I'd hate to see what an elite guy would do to him.

The fix here is easy to see. Why Singletary and Solari don't see it is beyond me. Sims is easily the best LT on the team and he isn't helping the team at all by being on the inactive list every week. If Sing isn't willing to bench Davis, then he should at least start Heitmann or Snyder at RG next to him. Rachal is just as bad as Davis when it comes to pass blocking and together they look horrible. Maybe having a solid vet next to Davis will help him with pre-snap reads, handling stunts, etc.

Either way, something has got to change on the O-line. The Raiders had someone in the backfield on every other passing play. Several times a Raider defender got into the backfield completely untouched. This simply cannot be allowed to continue or we'll be seeing all 3 of our QBs on the injury list.
iupati was not very good during the first half
A big LOL to all those calling for Carr.

Can you imagine Carr behind this O-Line? I don't even wanna think about how ugly it would be.
considering Davis is only 20 years old I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...I think he'll improve greatly in his second season.

Originally posted by AlexThief:
considering Davis is only 20 years old I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...I think he'll improve greatly in his second season.

Yep, we all must be patient with Davis. He's still very raw - mentally AND physically. But I'd like to see a veteran like Snyder or Baas (who should be moved from C) at RG to help him out a bit. Davis's best game IMO was the NO game when Snyder was beside him for the majority of the game.

Rachal sucks.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
A big LOL to all those calling for Carr.

Can you imagine Carr behind this O-Line? I don't even wanna think about how ugly it would be.

yeah I almost wanted to see him come in and get sacked, or throw a pick or basically just get blasted. Just to shut everyone up.
It is like the trade missing their guy. I am a Staley guy but he was terrible today. He needed to be yelled at. There is always someone in the backfield.
Staley isn't playing well at all
Originally posted by lamontb:
Staley isn't playing well at all

I don't know what sucks worse, the Joe Show or Joe Staley the LT. We should send him back to RT... and if he can't get it done there... to Detroit so he can reconnect with his true love, Shaun Hill.
Share 49ersWebzone