LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

The Future of Our Beloved Niners after 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wow this thread was prophetic.

It's the Mayan in me.

Also Golitta, Denver is now looking for a GM, too. However, we do have some very good options at GM:

Former Broncos GMs John Beake and Ted Sundquist
Baltimore Ravens personnel men George Kokanis and Eric DeCosta

Will Lewis (Seattle Seahawks), George Paton (Minnesota Vikings), Les Snead (Atlanta Falcons) and Tom Telesco (Indianapolis Colts).

I can see the GMs and HCs pretty well, but what about defensive coordinators? I can see us going after Phillips to keep the 3-4 intact. How about 4-3 D coordinators?

Do you guys know of any available who have been successful?

Jimmy Raye for Vice President of Nappy Time

It's the Mayan in me.

Also Golitta, Denver is now looking for a GM, too. However, we do have some very good options at GM:

Will Lewis (Seattle Seahawks), George Paton (Minnesota Vikings), Les Snead (Atlanta Falcons) and Tom Telesco (Indianapolis Colts).

Here's some more of them...former Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese and former Washington Redskins GM Charley Casserly

Up-and-coming executives Omar Kahn (Pittsburgh Steelers) and Dough Whaley (Buffalo Bills).

I can see the GMs and HCs pretty well, but what about defensive coordinators? I can see us going after Phillips to keep the 3-4 intact. How about 4-3 D coordinators?

Any way you could get this info to Lucky Sperm?
This future is all in Jed York's hands

like it or not it's true
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

It's the Mayan in me.

Here's some more of them...former Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese and former Washington Redskins GM Charley Casserly

Up-and-coming executives Omar Kahn (Pittsburgh Steelers) and Dough Whaley (Buffalo Bills).

GM: the Eagles head of player personnel, Howard Roseman.
[ Edited by boast on Dec 8, 2010 at 6:30 PM ]

It's the Mayan in me.

Just say no to Charley Casserly - HOOOOOORRRRIBLE GM. Horrible. I really like anyone from the Steelers or possibly Floyd Reese. Casserly brought you the annual spending spree in Washington that got them no where and failure after failure on coaches.

I don't want anyone that was ever affiliated with the Redskins, although I guess maybe it takes skill to trade draft picks for overrated FA's.
Originally posted by boast:

It's the Mayan in me.

GM: the Eagles head of player personnel, Howard Roseman.

I love the way eagles run the WCO and built the team. Bring it their OC/assit-HC marty mornhinweg too for HC and we will be back to our WCO roots!
Originally posted by kray28:
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way...Singletary has confirmed for me that he must go. The guy is not qualified to be a coach at this level....for various reasons.

So in certain ways, this disastrous start is a catharsis that may benefit the team in the long run by removing an unqualified and in over his head coach from his position of power, and force ownership to bring in some grownups for a change.

We could go undefeated from here on out, and I'd still want Singletary gone.

So there's nothing wrong with the timing at all. Season is done from any reality based assessment. We need to spend the rest of the season giving some of our young talent (like Mays, Crabs, Dixon, Adams) reps and experience, and we need to determine if Smith should stay or go.

you are correct
  • jrg
  • Veteran
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
OK, Jed, here is the way that you should re-stock the front offoce and coaching staff. It's cost effective too, just in case that 2011 lock-out goes on for a while. Here's the management team to turn it around!

Head of Football Operations (replacing no one) - interview oldninerdude, NinerGM and pasodoc, then pick one.

Replacing Paraag Marathe - AB83Rules

Replacing Lisa Lang - fropwns

Replacing Trent Baalke and the scouting department - MadDog, OTC, Ghostoffredean74

Replacing Mike Singletary - dj43

Replacing Mike Johnson - ceadderman

Replacing existing QB Coach - znk916

Replacing Greg Manusky - that webzoner coach from Nevada (you know who you are)

Marketing Theme for 2011 - "Can't touch this!"

Let's go, Jed. Git 'er dun!

If I have missed a few other qualified webzoners, I know that you guys won't hesitate to make additional suggestions!
[ Edited by jimbagg on Dec 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
For those against hiring a retread coach, the same applies for GM. Anyone from the Ravens, Pats, or Steelers front office would be good.

Originally posted by FL9er:
For those against hiring a retread coach, the same applies for GM. Anyone from the Ravens, Pats, or Steelers front office would be good.

I heard Dan Fouts on sports talk radio in L.A. this afternoon. He said that the niners are putting a package together to get the #1 draft pick and lure Harbaugh from Stanford and draft Luck.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by eastie:

I heard Dan Fouts on sports talk radio in L.A. this afternoon. He said that the niners are putting a package together to get the #1 draft pick and lure Harbaugh from Stanford and draft Luck.

as long as that package doesn't include Willis or VD, i'm down.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What gives me hope is that this is a talented team. A good coach and GM could come in and turn things around next year. Thank goodness we do not have to start over completely.

Yup, first clean house then a GM who turns to coaching decisions. They need to act fast and decisively to pull all the pieces together.
bleak...we wont have a coach, a gm, a qb going into the offseason(oh wait!!! D.Carr is the only QB signed thru 2011), and quite possibly we wont have football next year

its definately bleak
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by eastie:

1 of 2 things here. Either you're kidding, or you need to provide us with a link to this interview because how the hell would Dan Fouts know this ????
Share 49ersWebzone