LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Source: Singletary will have to win 1-2 playoff games to keep job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm a firm believe that if we go into the bye week at 0-8, Singletary will be fired during that week off.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Whether you think Singletary is the problem with this team or not, these kinds of reports piss me off. It distracts everyone, and now all the players and coaches will be bothered about it all week. We already have enough problems before adding this crap to the mix.

I totally agree, yet it reassures me that maybe just maybe Jed York might not be as dumb as we all think.

Not as dumb? Really? So even though Sing is a head coach without a clue, a certain amount of wins will somehow make him golden in Jed's eyes.
Play offs, Play Off,s you want to talk about play offs. //??
Typical York speak. Real men just say it without the BS. This guy is toast and he sucks the royal red onion.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have no evidence but I think this man is the rat who leaks info to the media.

Originally posted by FL9er:
One thing I do not understand is that its obvious that the 49ers are just biding their time until the end of the season, and then they'll be rid of Singletary and Smith. I understand that this is a message board, but no matter how much you guys piss and moan isn't going to change the fact that the team is stuck with those two until the bitter end, barring injury or the coach quitting.

So why waste your time fretting over it?

Yes, they should remain until the end of the season simply based on a lack of replacements. People calling for Sing's firing now need to understand that we already have too many coaches learning on the job and don't need another. Somehow Jed needs to understand that he can't continue to run this organization into the ground. The off season will be make or break for Jed and he has huge challenges ahead.
1-find a real GM
2-let that GM find some real coaches and QB
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Give excitable San Francisco 49ers president Jed York credit for being supportive of his team in the face of its 0-5 start. Niners are starting to lose patience.

York made news Sunday when he declared that the 49ers will still win the NFC West. Good luck with that.

However, if the 49ers should pull off a miracle comeback this season, it probably won’t save coach Mike Singletary’s job. According to a team source, Singletary will need to do some extraordinary things over the final 11 games to have any hope of coming back as coach. That extraordinary thing would be something like winning all of the remaining games and even a playoff contest or two.

While York also said this weekend that he’s “absolutely” staying with Singletary for the remainder of the year, the decision to stand pat is partly based on the belief that there’s no one on staff that the organization feels it can entrust with the job.

dad-gum Yahoo Sports Jason Cole

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Archie:
Mariucci would be great but you know he would get rid of Alex Smith and bring in his own quarterback.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Offensive minded coaches in the ranks:

Gruden
Martz
Mariucci
Morhinweg

Couldnt imagine York bringing in someone like Dungy or Cowher after the Singletary/Nolan debacle.

It'll prob come down to Gruden. Although Mariucci (2nd stint in SF ?) could be an interesting pick. After all, he rebuilt the team in 3 years after the "dynasty" fell.

Mooch didn't build that team. He was just the coach. Walsh rebuilt it when Eddie D. hired him away from Stanford for one final time -- and he served as GM.

Walsh found Garcia and also conducted a couple of drafts that brought some solid players onboard -- and also made a couple of key free agent signings.

Walsh built it. Mooch coached it -- and I'll give Mooch credit -- he coached it well.

But when Mooch couldn't recreate that success in Detroit -- that was telling. I don't think Mooch is the answer. I'm not sure if Gruden is either.

Does anyone recall mooch not having the killer instinct? I do. I easily remember yelling at my TV when he'd take a couple of knees on the 50 just before half time. I also recall being very frustrated because his offense was extremely conservative.

Just saying.
LB

And to think -- that offense you and I were screaming at under Mooch would be so welcome now in this day and age.

How things have changed.

You're right. It is sad.

LB
In 1990, Gruden's father Jim set up an interview with Mike Holmgren, who was the offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers. Gruden impressed Holmgren with his knowledge of the game for such a young man. Holmgren hired Gruden as one of the first quality control coaches in the NFL.
He quickly ascended through the ranks of NFL coaching by learning the famous West Coast offense pioneered by longtime NFL coach Bill Walsh. When Holmgren left the 49ers to become head coach of the Green Bay Packers in 1992, he took the promising young Gruden with him....

BRING HIM BACK!!!!! I WANNA SEE the odds on getting GRUDEN . this move makes the most sense for the niners.....although that might mean that it makes to o much sense so they will go get loser
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Ha, you Indians always trying to throw each other under the bus.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Haha, I just know how Indians are when we have some juicy gossip we just have to go out and tell somebody.

Haha, I just know how Indians are when we have some juicy gossip we just have to go out and tell somebody.

He will be our next head coach holding an I-Pad on the sidelines.

Singletary is as good as gone. There's way too many good coaches available this offseason and I'm sure most of them like the talent we have.
http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/Dickey-Time-for-the-Niners-to-move-on-from-Singletary-104128248.html

THIS!!!!!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Mooch or Gruden = Garcia/Hasselbeck as the starting qb next year

I;d be down for that as long as we draft a qb to develop

sounds like a good plan.
Originally posted by SY9er8:
http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/Dickey-Time-for-the-Niners-to-move-on-from-Singletary-104128248.html

THIS!!!!!

Very solid article, but that was two games ago when that article was written, wonder what he thinks now??
Share 49ersWebzone