LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Source: Singletary will have to win 1-2 playoff games to keep job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's amazing how this stuff gets out from a "source" within an organization. Just like in 2008 when Singletary took over. York wanted to fire Nolan during the bye week but Nolan caught wind of it before and so York had to do it earlier than he wanted.

Could this happen again? It's like this was supposed to get out so that Singletary can feel even more pressure. I mean say what you will about Jed but I don't see him reacting well to a loss to the Raiders. Really the Raiders? That would make him look like such a jackass considering his text this week.
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Originally posted by SY9er8:
http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/Dickey-Time-for-the-Niners-to-move-on-from-Singletary-104128248.html

THIS!!!!!

Very solid article, but that was two games ago when that article was written, wonder what he thinks now??

I posted it because this!!!! I really hopes he wants to come here!

If the 49ers make an inseason change, Jon Gruden is available. Gruden made that obvious when, during the Jerry Rice tribute at halftime of the New Orleans game, he alluded to Eddie DeBartolo as the “architect of the 49ers success.” He knows better. Bill Walsh was the architect, but Gruden was clearly angling for the coaching job.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/Dickey-Time-for-the-Niners-to-move-on-from-Singletary-104128248.html#ixzz12GFixad7
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
It's amazing how this stuff gets out from a "source" within an organization. Just like in 2008 when Singletary took over. York wanted to fire Nolan during the bye week but Nolan caught wind of it before and so York had to do it earlier than he wanted.

Could this happen again? It's like this was supposed to get out so that Singletary can feel even more pressure. I mean say what you will about Jed but I don't see him reacting well to a loss to the Raiders. Really the Raiders? That would make him look like such a jackass considering his text this week.

Yes a loss to the Raiders would definitely make Jed look more bad! And in regards to this rat leaking info officially makes Sing a lame-duck coach for the rest of the season.
http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/Dickey-Time-for-the-Niners-to-move-on-from-Singletary-104128248.html

THIS!!!!!

Very solid article, but that was two games ago when that article was written, wonder what he thinks now??

If the 49ers make an inseason change, Jon Gruden is available. Gruden made that obvious when, during the Jerry Rice tribute at halftime of the New Orleans game, he alluded to Eddie DeBartolo as the “architect of the 49ers success.” He knows better. Bill Walsh was the architect, but Gruden was clearly angling for the coaching job.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/Dickey-Time-for-the-Niners-to-move-on-from-Singletary-104128248.html#ixzz12GFixad7

I don't agree that was angling for the job. I wish he would take the job but I think he would wait til the end of the year. Dallas might fire Wade Phillips and don't be surprised if San Diego does the same thing with Norv.

What's more attractive to Jon? SF, DAL or SD? Or better yet, Alex Smith, Tony Romo or Philip Rivers?
you know that s#it aint gonna happen let alone win the division with a 11 game winning streak

THANKS for the nutcracker Sing

The Gruden/Harbaugh/Cowher hunt starts now!!!!

• kray28
  • Veteran

THIS!!!!!

Not sure how Dickey arrives at the idea that Chucky would be willing to step into this steaming pile of poop at mid-season.

You want Chucky, you can start talking to him now, but he won't start work until January at the earliest.
If we win out which probly wont happen and we make the playoffs i dont see Sing going anwhwere.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by kray28:

THIS!!!!!

Not sure how Dickey arrives at the idea that Chucky would be willing to step into this steaming pile of poop at mid-season.

You want Chucky, you can start talking to him now, but he won't start work until January at the earliest.

If Jed wants Gruden he better open his momma's purse.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

THIS!!!!!

I don't agree that was angling for the job. I wish he would take the job but I think he would wait til the end of the year. Dallas might fire Wade Phillips and don't be surprised if San Diego does the same thing with Norv.

What's more attractive to Jon? SF, DAL or SD? Or better yet, Alex Smith, Tony Romo or Philip Rivers?

Well its more like, New QB, Tony Romo or Phillip Rivers. If Sing is gone, Smith won't be here either. If Gruden came here he could select his own rookie QB and possibly Matt Haselbeck.
Originally posted by susweel:

THIS!!!!!

Everybody's got a price. Gruden can be ours for the right price.

Real coaches probably just shake their heads when they look at our team. So much talent and no success. Then they probably thing, "I'd do this or that."
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Real coaches probably just shake their heads when they look at our team. So much talent and no success. Then they probably thing, "I'd do this or that."

Having known coaches, most coaches tend to criticize and critique the decisions made by other coaches, thinking they know best and would have done things better.
If the Niners happen to loose to the Raiders, God forbid; Jed might do a reversal on Sing & cut him loose after proclaiming that Sing job is safe; I'll imagine seeing Rays laughing his ass off
  • dj43
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by susweel:

THIS!!!!!

Everybody's got a price. Gruden can be ours for the right price.
Gruden would be VERY expensive. Given his experience in Oakland, he would want a major voice in overall operations in addition to HC. Whether or not Jed would give him the control he would demand is a big question. I can't see him coming here without anything less.

A better fit would be Jim Harbaugh. The Bay Area has seen him build that Stanford program and he has a legit offensive pedigree.

First the 49ers need a football guy in the GM chair. Until Jed does that, he will be sending a message he still doesn't understand the business his Daddy gave him.
Originally posted by ninerfan42:
Other teams are having no problem figuring how to stop the niners. This is due to Singletary's stagnant philosophy. This will only change with a change at head coach. Singletary is too set in his ways. I love the guy, but he is a motivational speaker, not a head coach.

The front office feels that nobody on the coaching staff can step in and turn the team around. I concur.

So who do we get? Here is my list of possibilities, in no particular order:

Jack Del Rio
John Gruden
John Fox

Personally, I prefer Chucky, and the other two are currently employed. What are your thoughts?

I really don't understand the WZ's infatuation with Gruden. Dude won with Tony Dungee's team and ruined that team afterward. He was lucky to get a previously overlooked quality QB and some talented but aging vets while with the Raiders.

I will HATE watching his dumb faces on the sidelines if he is hired in SF. IMO the largest indictment on Gruden is that fact that he is still broadcasting when sooooo many jobs have become available since he got canned in TB.
Share 49ersWebzone