There are 217 users in the forums

Source: Singletary will have to win 1-2 playoff games to keep job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Give excitable San Francisco 49ers president Jed York credit for being supportive of his team in the face of its 0-5 start. Niners are starting to lose patience.

York made news Sunday when he declared that the 49ers will still win the NFC West. Good luck with that.

However, if the 49ers should pull off a miracle comeback this season, it probably won’t save coach Mike Singletary’s job. According to a team source, Singletary will need to do some extraordinary things over the final 11 games to have any hope of coming back as coach. That extraordinary thing would be something like winning all of the remaining games and even a playoff contest or two.

While York also said this weekend that he’s “absolutely” staying with Singletary for the remainder of the year, the decision to stand pat is partly based on the belief that there’s no one on staff that the organization feels it can entrust with the job.

dad-gum Yahoo Sports Jason Cole
Rat.
Whether you think Singletary is the problem with this team or not, these kinds of reports piss me off. It distracts everyone, and now all the players and coaches will be bothered about it all week. We already have enough problems before adding this crap to the mix.
PLAYOFFS?!?!?
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Whether you think Singletary is the problem with this team or not, these kinds of reports piss me off. It distracts everyone, and now all the players and coaches will be bothered about it all week. We already have enough problems before adding this crap to the mix.

I totally agree, yet it reassures me that maybe just maybe Jed York might not be as dumb as we all think.

agreed. they are started to produce hits on there websites. this produces something for media to get people excited about. therefore it just distracts the team. which plays distracted...which creates more stories.

all in all. pretty good source of income for yahoo.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

I totally agree, yet it reassures me that maybe just maybe Jed York might not be as dumb as we all think.

It will certainly test everyone on that coaching staff's gumption
last year he claims playoffs

this year he claims we'll win the west

next year, he'll claim us as SB champs before training camp starts
Maybe he can look to Brian Sabean as someone who might've been in the hot seat recently but turned things around with a series of effective and well-calculated moves.
we can win it all this year!!

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
we can win it all this year!!

win 10 of the next 13 (assuming me make the playoffs) for the Gipper!
I wouldn't get too worked about it. I just think they're trying to say that if we go 7-9 and lose in the first round then we really didn't accomplish anything this year.

As of right now this division might be the worse division in the NFL and just barely edging out three garbage teams shouldn't be enough for this regime to stay.
Originally posted by brucesf49:
PLAYOFFS?!?!?

YOU KIDDING ME?!?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I wouldn't get too worked about it. I just think they're trying to say that if we go 7-9 and lose in the first round then we really didn't accomplish anything this year.

As of right now this division might be the worse division in the NFL and just barely edging out three garbage teams shouldn't be enough for this regime to stay.

doesn't being the worst team in the worst division in football say enough?
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

doesn't being the worst team in the worst division in football say enough?

I don't think we're going to finish at the bottom. We still have 5 division games left and if go you back to last year the only division game we lost was in Seattle. I still think we have a reallistic chance to win the division, but unless we show that we can beat decent NFL teams this regime has to end.
Share 49ersWebzone