LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Offensive Line Issues

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Wait a minute! WTF? That chart is old as hell.

Ah ha! I tried to find a date too, but failed.

Aren't those list updated as the season progress???

Originally posted by kidash:

Ah ha! I tried to find a date too, but failed.

yeah, i thought it was weekly actually. But i do remember there was a time Davis was the Starter on the list. Just noticed the change today
Originally posted by pyroglass:
I was going to make a post about our pass protection, but it looks like the coaches have already decided to try something out:

http://www.49ers.com/team/depth-chart.html

looks like A Davis is pulling 2nd string duties now?

Still thin Rachal needs to come out too. and hopefully we can with Heitman coming back

This guy sux @ss , he needs to be benched .
Originally posted by kidash:

Yeah, I think you're right. I wouldn't put it past Google to spit out an old cached version of that page, but working through the team's homepage arrives at that same page, so it does seem legit.

Still not finding a date or a time stamp on that.

It has to be recent because it has Taylor Mays as first on depth chart for defense.
Davis just isn't ready, he has plenty of talent, just not coming along as fast as we had hoped.
Originally posted by MILFS:
We seriously need to think about benching this dude.

It appears to have already happened, check pyroglass' "O-Line" thread. Snyder has the job, it would seem.
No... he will be fine. I mean the dude just turned 21 yesterday - let him go have a beer and put his willy in some strange
But anyhoo, back to the topic.

A. Davis was playing like crap this weekend and he does need to get benched to get his bearings. From false start to getting man handled, he gave us all something to think about.

Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

It has to be recent because it has Taylor Mays as first on depth chart for defense.

that is the first thing i checked when I seen it. Mays starting and Lewis gone. has been updated.

Many of Smith's interceptions are a result of him being off target and "Elwaying" the ball instead of throwing touch passes on his short throws. The tipped balls bounch right into the hands of the defenders. Anthony Davis has nothing to do with this flaw.

Sure AD has had some rough patches but for the most part he's doing a decent job for a kid who just turned 21.
Ya know...

Anthony Davis played much better with Adam Snyder next to him....

Something to think about there...
Originally posted by brucesf49:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

that is the first thing i checked when I seen it. Mays starting and Lewis gone. has been updated.

hmmm, why wouldn't have this change been announced by Singletary? We're trusting the dork updating the website.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Davis just isn't ready, he has plenty of talent, just not coming along as fast as we had hoped.

Certainly highlights just how lucky we've been with Iupati. Barring injury, that was a draft pick exceptionally well used.

Nothing against Davis, though, he's a rookie that has been playing like a rookie. It was aggressive to try to start him, so there's certainly no shame in his being given a spell on the bench to recoup.
Anthony Davis is the single biggest problem the 49ers offense has. He overextends on pass protection virtually every play. NFL defensive ends toy with him. Based on what I see in each game, I can't imagine NFL teams aren't laughing at him in the film room before each game.

He's terrible. Maybe he'll improve, but I haven't seen an ounce of promise out of him since training camp. More importantly, whether he improves in the long run is meaningless in the context of this season.

As far as I'm concerned, he's currently the single worst offensive starter in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone