There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary is selfish.. very selfish

Singletary thinks there will be a miracle and Alex somehow turns it around after losing 5 games in a row. He thinks he still has a job if Alex manage to win some games this year and be competitive. Trying something new with Carr or Davis could be something that can spark a club, but that would mean he was wrong and be fired at seasons end. Holding on to smith will keep his hopes alive next year to coaching the niners.

Holding on to smith and we lose, lose ,lose....... so he MIGHT have a job next year. very selfish.

Alex has not shown he is a franchise QB since 2006? Why would he turn around and be one now?
Expecting different results by trying the same thing over and over.
So Singletary is selfish because he (as the head coach) thinks Alex Smith gives his team the best chance to win?

The rest of the team wants Alex as the QB too, so i guess they are being selfish also.

Davis is not even on the team. He is on the practice squad. I don't know why people think he is so great. He looked horrendous in the pre-season against guys who aren't in the league and he doesn't know the offense. Not to mention 31 other teams passed on him as he went through waivers and they continue to pass on him as he sits on the practice squad. Other teams with qb problems have signed other qbs off of other team's squads, but there Davis continues to sit because he is "slow".

You want Carr? Carr is junk. He has been in the league longer than Smith as a bust and he is junk because he has the mobility of a slug and holds onto the ball as if it were one of his.

Smith is the best qb on a team with a mediocre squad. Get over it. It's not "selfish" to try to put the best players on the team in the starting line-up every week. Case in point, Hill wasn't doing great last year, the QB he determined was the best one to start the season, then Singletary sat him after he proved he wasn't want the Niners needed, even though it showed that he was WRONG.
Originally posted by jarrod49:
The rest of the team wants Alex as the QB too, so i guess they are being selfish also.

Nah, they're just being PC.
MaioccoCSN (from Twitter)

Sneak peak: More Alex Smith passes affected by pass-rush pressure than any other game. His fumble was horrible. Bad throws were on O-line.
carr, troy smith and davis are no better than smith. we are coming close in some games so might as well keep trying with smith
Originally posted by susweel:
Expecting different results by trying the same thing over and over.

And change simply for the sake of change does not mean anything will be improved. In fact, a sudden switch to any of the other QBs will most likely have the opposite of intended effects.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
So Singletary is selfish because he (as the head coach) thinks Alex Smith gives his team the best chance to win?

How is Alex giving us the best chance to win? I'm tired of hearing that BS. Alex is giving us the best chance to lose!!! If you think any differently then you don't know s**t about coaching or football...
I know he has gone through a lot, but his 16-29 record speaks for itself
Originally posted by esekander:

How is Alex giving us the best chance to win? I'm tired of hearing that BS. Alex is giving us the best chance to lose!!! If you think any differently then you don't know s**t about coaching or football...

If you think Carr, Troy Smith or Davis give the Niners a better chance, you should check yourself before you wreck yourself.... crazy pills are bad for your health.
How is he selfish? As the HC his team has given the ball to the opposing team 16 times (9 INTS 7 Fumbles lost) I'd think he has been very "Charitable" in helping other teams win
Let alex play a couple more games I bet to anything he will be benched in the next game or two.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by esekander:

If you think Carr, Troy Smith or Davis give the Niners a better chance, you should check yourself before you wreck yourself.... crazy pills are bad for your health.

I think anyone of those Qb's will give us a better chance then Alex!!! Your boy alex has not won one game for us. A shake up is always good!! It sounds like the crazy pills already wrecked your A** and made you blind!LOL
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home