There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who are the leaders in this team?

I believe not everyone can be a leader but you still need a voice that motivates, with drive and desire so that others can follow. I am not talking about team captains.
Also need that person that can come up to the coaches with questions/suggestions. This is preety much like the corporate world if you surround yourself with yes men, you are bound to fail.

I am not sure to what extent he does this things, but the only name that comes to mind is VD.
VD emergance as a leader , even though he is backing Alex !
Well, I sure wish someone would emerge on the offensive line as a leader. Eric Heitmann, Ray Brown, or even Joe Staley...somebody in that OL meeting room needs to get this group playing better. Both run blocking and pass protection are pretty bad and it's making the whole offensive effort look terrible.
I wondered about this too. In the midst of all these losses, I'm surprised there hasn't been a players-meeting where the players can just rally together and make a promise to stop killing themselves in games.
VD!
A leader who keeps dancing after the catch while the clock is ticking?

A leader who disappears from the passing game for large stretches, has trouble getting open or getting extra yards in space?

If that's leadership, it's in name only, and not in action. He got paid, and now he's playing like it, if you ask me.
Originally posted by kray28:

A leader who disappears from the passing game for large stretches, has trouble getting open or getting extra yards in space?

If that's leadership, it's in name only, and not in action. He got paid, and now he's playing like it, if you ask me.

"Leadership is ultimately about creating a way for people to contribute to making something extraordinary happen."

VD did that on Sunday with Smith. For most of the game Smith played like crap. In the 4th quarter, VD created a way for Smith to contribute and the result was 2 TD's. When was the last time we saw Smith throw 2 TD's in a quarter?
Originally posted by D_Niner:

"Leadership is ultimately about creating a way for people to contribute to making something extraordinary happen."

VD did that on Sunday with Smith. For most of the game Smith played like crap. In the 4th quarter, VD created a way for Smith to contribute and the result was 2 TD's. When was the last time we saw Smith throw 2 TD's in a quarter?

in 4th quarter against the Texans last year.
VD has established himself as the alpha male. Especially after Sunday night.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Smith did not play like crap for most of the game. He had that one horrible fumble. Other than that he played lights out.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Oct 12, 2010 at 09:43:35 ]
This is a good question. I think it has been a problem from the start of the season. Eric Heitman - offensive leader is out. Michael Robinson, last years special teams captain and team leader, waived. No leadership on this team.
Willis is always bringing the defensive troops together on the sideline.
Clearly not Willis.

By far its VD

Eventually I think Crabs will become a leader
Joe Nedney and Andy Lee are proven leaders on this team.