LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury
This team is a train wreck

The most disappointing to me is the O line--no team has drafted more high round picks and yet it looks as bad as it ever has.

we could draft andrew Luck and get him injured next season with this O line.

how can you have so many high picks---3 first rounders!!! and suck so bad.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Simple, Jon Gruden + Andrew Luck = Great success
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm glad we lost this game....and I cheered for the Panthers to win.

Why?

1. I knew the Panthers would win this game, and called it just after the Raiders-Niners game.

2. It only accelerates the dumping of Singletary. After we lose next week to the Broncos, we will be 1-7 going into the bye, and that should be enough to get him fired. Then, we can begin the search for a real head coach, and turn this bad boy around.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love this franchise. However, 2010 was shot, and the sooner we tank enough for Mike to be fired, the better.

Cheers.

Go away. You're not a Niners fan.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Sing shouldn't even make the trip to England. Just send him home and let MJ and Manusky be joint HCs or something. I'm so sick of seeing Singletary on the sideline that I don't know what to do.

Luckily we do have talent on the team and if we can just get a coaching staff we sholdn't have to rebuild the roster. I just want Singletary fired right now, he's the most pointless person in the organization.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
What a truly pathetic team we have. After we lose to Denver next week, I'm convinced that Singletary will be fired during the bye week. I only wish that Carr had been injured during this game cuz we all know that when asked about Carr's play, Singletary will say, "He played very well....etc...bulls**t...etc....". Hopefully Mike Johnson has some sort of say in what happens next at the QB position. He's always been a N.Davis supporter.

I remember reading that too. I say make it a competition between Carr and Troy. My guess is that Carr gets the start in Denver, but will be pulled by the second half because he's horrible, then it's Troy Smith time. Live and die with him or give Nate a chance.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Simple, Jon Gruden + Andrew Luck = Great success

FA Right tackle would help too!
Originally posted by teeohh:
What a truly pathetic team we have. After we lose to Denver next week, I'm convinced that Singletary will be fired during the bye week. I only wish that Carr had been injured during this game cuz we all know that when asked about Carr's play, Singletary will say, "He played very well....etc...bulls**t...etc....". Hopefully Mike Johnson has some sort of say in what happens next at the QB position. He's always been a N.Davis supporter.

I remember reading that too. I say make it a competition between Carr and Troy. My guess is that Carr gets the start in Denver, but will be pulled by the second half because he's horrible, then it's Troy Smith time. Live and die with him or give Nate a chance.

I really think they should put Davis in there. How can it get any worse? At least they would learn what they have in Davis.
wouldnt mind giving John Fox a look if we cant bring in Gruden..

as for luck, he looks like Matt Ryan, alot of potential there but dont get ur hopes up b.c all indicates he wont come out this year..

Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by teeohh:

I really think they should put Davis in there. How can it get any worse? At least they would learn what they have in Davis.
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:
Originally posted by defender49:
we want Carr my ass.. pathetic.. absolutely pathetic.

hater or NOT Alex DOES give us the best chance to win at the QB position...

you are a broken record with this.... pick a new company line bruh.

free agency pool ring a bell? no QB option on our team, currently, is the "best chance to win" scenario... .you wanna know why???? we're 1-6 with your BEST CHANCE TO WIN

gah.

line? it's not ABOUT lines. it's about exactly what I said. Alex does and will always give us the best chance to win at THAT POSITION until we get a better QB!!!!!!

[ Edited by defender49 on Oct 24, 2010 at 13:56:45 ]
It was an overall sloppy game from both teams. There were some questionable penalties on both teams.

The 9ers being great at stopping the run, that's what I expected. The Panthers being great at stopping the pass, I expected that that also.

I hope Alex Smith has a speedy recovery for you guys.

Expected Gore to be explosive. He definitely was.

I did not expect the rookie WRs of the Panthers to emerge the way they did though. That was a surprise. Some of their catches weren't due to bad playing on defensive, some were just really tight, clutch catches. (Mind you, not all of them).

Good game 9ers. Your defense is better than advertised. Stripping the ball from Steve Smith AND DeAngelo Williams in the same game is unheard of. Good luck next week. Your defense can definitely hinder the Broncos.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm glad we lost this game....and I cheered for the Panthers to win.

Why?

1. I knew the Panthers would win this game, and called it just after the Raiders-Niners game.

2. It only accelerates the dumping of Singletary. After we lose next week to the Broncos, we will be 1-7 going into the bye, and that should be enough to get him fired. Then, we can begin the search for a real head coach, and turn this bad boy around.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love this franchise. However, 2010 was shot, and the sooner we tank enough for Mike to be fired, the better.

Cheers.

Sorry. A fan may criticize, but a true fan NEVER roots for the enemy.

Bull! I have been a true fan for more than 30 years and I am now rooting for the other team, so I can at least pick up some wins in my weekly picks.

The 49ers do not deserve to have anyone rooting for them anymore. They are a BAD TEAM and until they fire Sing they will be a bad team and deserve no rooting from true fans.

The true fan does not root for a trashy team. He roots for the team to fix what is wrong with it.
Now all you Niner fans see the light with Sing. After all that, "Sing is a good motivator, he'll get it done, shut-up you Sing bashers," - now look at yourself.

Sing should be fired before the end of the season and the Yorks should be obligated to sell. We're starting to look like fool's gold and red.
Share 49ersWebzone