There are 190 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Once again we lose because our QB can't f**ken stop giving them the ball. This ones on the entire team. Y'all wish we had Hill now.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Carolina are a bad, very bad football team. The score does not even come close to suggesting how the 2 teams played.
Originally posted by defender49:
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:
Originally posted by defender49:
we want Carr my ass.. pathetic.. absolutely pathetic.

hater or NOT Alex DOES give us the best chance to win at the QB position...

you are a broken record with this.... pick a new company line bruh.

free agency pool ring a bell? no QB option on our team, currently, is the "best chance to win" scenario... .you wanna know why???? we're 1-6 with your BEST CHANCE TO WIN

gah.

line? it's not ABOUT lines. it's about exactly what I said in that line. Alex does and will always give us the best chance to win at THAT POSITION until we get a better QB!!!!!!

he has to win, more than one game, against a bad team.... to warrant saying he's the best. i dont want troy smith or carr anymore than the next guy but we have to see more of carr and possibly some of smith to make that deduction. it's bold to make the call you're making without knowing all the facts.
Originally posted by CarolinaPride:
It was an overall sloppy game from both teams. There were some questionable penalties on both teams.

The 9ers being great at stopping the run, that's what I expected. The Panthers being great at stopping the pass, I expected that that also.

I hope Alex Smith has a speedy recovery for you guys.

Expected Gore to be explosive. He definitely was.

I did not expect the rookie WRs of the Panthers to emerge the way they did though. That was a surprise. Some of their catches weren't due to bad playing on defensive, some were just really tight, clutch catches. (Mind you, not all of them).

Good game 9ers. Your defense is better than advertised. Stripping the ball from Steve Smith AND DeAngelo Williams in the same game is unheard of. Good luck next week. Your defense can definitely hinder the Broncos.

Bullsh*t! They made a crappy team look good. They lost despite four takeaways... now that is BAD FOOTBALL!
Im so glad I playec basketball instead of watching this game. In this analysis thread, some of you guys give me the bottom line of what transpired as a whole: penalties?, how we came out in the 3rd?, play calling?, and did we sit on the 1 score lead. When exactly did alex get hurt? Stuff that wont surprise me surely.
Here's a thought: if Anthony Davis isn't ready, DON'T PUT HIM OUT THERE. That's how crap like this happens, players get hurt. Dumb, dumb, DUMB coaching.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm glad we lost this game....and I cheered for the Panthers to win.

Why?

1. I knew the Panthers would win this game, and called it just after the Raiders-Niners game.

2. It only accelerates the dumping of Singletary. After we lose next week to the Broncos, we will be 1-7 going into the bye, and that should be enough to get him fired. Then, we can begin the search for a real head coach, and turn this bad boy around.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love this franchise. However, 2010 was shot, and the sooner we tank enough for Mike to be fired, the better.

Cheers.

Agree 100%
penalties, penalties, penalties. Poorly coached and undisciplined.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Here's a thought: if Anthony Davis isn't ready, DON'T PUT HIM OUT THERE. That's how crap like this happens, players get hurt. Dumb, dumb, DUMB coaching.

didnt you know bro?

Our coach didnt want any compeition on the team, so Davis is the best we go
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
What a truly pathetic team we have. After we lose to Denver next week, I'm convinced that Singletary will be fired during the bye week. I only wish that Carr had been injured during this game cuz we all know that when asked about Carr's play, Singletary will say, "He played very well....etc...bulls**t...etc....". Hopefully Mike Johnson has some sort of say in what happens next at the QB position. He's always been a N.Davis supporter.

I remember reading that too. I say make it a competition between Carr and Troy. My guess is that Carr gets the start in Denver, but will be pulled by the second half because he's horrible, then it's Troy Smith time. Live and die with him or give Nate a chance.

With the season reduced to flaming wreckage I think you bring Nate up as soon as it's reasonably possible. We need to find out whether he has a future with the organization. Whether he does or doesn't is immaterial, but it will help to clarify what we need to do in the offseason.

Oh No, we suck again!
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm glad we lost this game....and I cheered for the Panthers to win.

Why?

1. I knew the Panthers would win this game, and called it just after the Raiders-Niners game.

2. It only accelerates the dumping of Singletary. After we lose next week to the Broncos, we will be 1-7 going into the bye, and that should be enough to get him fired. Then, we can begin the search for a real head coach, and turn this bad boy around.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love this franchise. However, 2010 was shot, and the sooner we tank enough for Mike to be fired, the better.

Cheers.

Go away. You're not a Niners fan.

GTFO he speaks truth like it or not
Originally posted by jreff22:
The season is over, Smith will be out multiple games and we have no reliable backups. For the people that want sing fired, I agree with you....but we have 0 viable options just like we currently have at QB. We will be picking in the top 10 but will probably be out of reach for a QB, so we either go DB or DL...I'm expecting DB then QB in the early 2nd.

So much potential lost this season

Try any and all personnel changes at QB to see what we have!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Once again we lose because our QB can't f**ken stop giving them the ball. This ones on the entire team. Y'all wish we had Hill now.

Hill sucks dick too and is up there in INTs as well. This ISNT on QB play its on the line and the D. Im tired of the D getting a pass. They f**king suck. Matt Moore looked like Brady! Every f**king week. This staff needs to go.

Use Troy or Nate
Originally posted by CarolinaPride:
It was an overall sloppy game from both teams. There were some questionable penalties on both teams.

The 9ers being great at stopping the run, that's what I expected. The Panthers being great at stopping the pass, I expected that that also.

I hope Alex Smith has a speedy recovery for you guys.

Expected Gore to be explosive. He definitely was.

I did not expect the rookie WRs of the Panthers to emerge the way they did though. That was a surprise. Some of their catches weren't due to bad playing on defensive, some were just really tight, clutch catches. (Mind you, not all of them).

Good game 9ers. Your defense is better than advertised. Stripping the ball from Steve Smith AND DeAngelo Williams in the same game is unheard of. Good luck next week. Your defense can definitely hinder the Broncos.

Nice post, CarolinePride, it's a fair (if a bit kind) analysis. You could've kicked us where it hurt, so I sure appreciate that you took the high road.

Good luck with your season and rebuilding process.
Share 49ersWebzone