LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Could we win the next 6 straight (maybe 7)??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Could we win the next 6 straight (maybe 7)??

• B650
  • Veteran
What makes everyone so sure that the Kolb-led Eagles are going to just lay down for us? Philly always seems to play us tough and they have this guy at WR that we passed up a couple years ago...he seems pretty fast. Also, we tend to make backup QBs look like superstars. They're still dangerous and it's hard to imagine them falling to 2-3, so it's going to take a well played ballgame with no mistakes in order to beat them. Is that possible with this team? We'll see. I think we're getting sick of moral victories.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM ]
if we score more points than our opponents in each game, I think we can go 6-0.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
if we score more points than our opponents in each game, I think we can go 6-0.

Originally posted by B650:
What makes everyone so sure that the Kolb-led Eagles are going to just lay down for us? Philly always seems to play us tough and they have this guy at WR that we passed up a couple years ago...he seems pretty fast. Also, we tend to make backup QBs look like superstars. They're still dangerous and it's hard to imagine them falling to 2-3, so it's going to take a well played ballgame with no mistakes in order to beat them. Is that possible with this team? We'll see. I think we're getting sick of moral victories.

I don't think that they will lay down at all. However, I know the following:

• The Niners play better at home
  • Smith plays better at home
  • Johnson gets a full week to install his offensive game plan
  • Sing is feeling the heat
  • Vick is out
  • Kolb does not look good right now
  • The Iggles starting RB may be out

Based on the above, I think that the Niners have a good shot this week.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

• Vick is out

• Niners play better against better teams
  • Niners play much better in primetime
  • glitch in the matrix^^
    • boast
    • Hella Fame
    Originally posted by valrod33:
    glitch in the matrix^^

just left open tags. see.....

Originally posted by Joecool:

• Vick is out

Originally posted by boast:
    glitch in the matrix^^

just left open tags. see.....

Originally posted by Joecool:

• Vick is out

bk
    As bad as i feel, hope will always spring eternal. So Niners will win all the rest, including the west.
    Originally posted by TDilvr:
    Yeah "if". As a fan I've hit an all time low. With Vick out, there is some hope. The 9ers and it's fans have become a weekly cycle of FAIL. Something has to change.

If the mothership reach an agreement with Gruden to start coacing right away, then it is a great possibility!

Anything is possible as long as Singletary gets his hand out of the offensive cookie jar.
    Originally posted by cNiner:
    Originally posted by tondiman:
    I'm the last one to be positive just for the hell of it. Watching the Patriots and seeing how well coached and how humble they are makes me believe that we have the players, but not yet the mentality.
    However, this is the make or break for the season. The next 5 of 6 games are at HOME....AT HOME! and they are against teams with a total record of 9-14, and the only away game is against the 0-4 Panthers.........If we count the away game against the Cardinals in week 12, we're looking at facing teams with a total record of 11-16.

Out of 4 games, 3 were away. GREAT teams win away games. We aren't even close to being great. But maybe we can be just good enough to make the playoffs with a win streak.

I say if we hit Philly with a win, we roll....
    6-0

ONE GAME @ A TIME ! DON'T AND CAN'T AFFORD TO LOOK OVER ANYONE !

LETS WIN ONE GAME FIRST !

The fans looking ahead doesnt hurt the team, if the players are doing it thats another story but there is nothing wrong with a FAN looking ahead

Fans looking ahead doesn't FIX the team either. And fans looking ahead this year only do it to deny the past four games.
    I SAY WE GO UNDEFEATED! SUNDAY WE WILL TURN EVERYTHING AROUND!! I GUARANTEE IT!!!!!!!!!!! MARK MY MUH*&KIN WORDS!!!!!! DIEHARD NINER FAN BOIIIIIII!!! IM STAYIN FAITHFUL!!!! YEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm of the "one game at a time" opinion... with that being said, i feel very confident that we will get our first win this week.
    No way we lose to Kolb; don't think he can beat us through the air and we will play lights out on Prime Time.

Even though it's Andy Reid, we are due to break out and this is the perfect stage to do it on... Go Niners and Go Mike Johnson!
    I will root like h^%$^%$ for the Niners, but please 6, 7 wins. Do not see it happening. At this point I just pray the front office is seriously looking at a good GM to come in run the show starting 2011.
    Share 49ersWebzone