What Michael Crabtree just said

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Pisses me off real bad to hear people hate on Crabtree. He is the single BEST thing to happen to our football team over the last two seasons.

It really is sad, and I took what he said as Johnson doesn't play the game, but whatever. Everyone will read it one way or the other.
THIS READ THIS PEOPLE just read please.

it's a clear shot at Smith. Nothing more, nothing less. Well deserved too.

Yea it was. When Crabtree said Johnson doesn't throw the ball if he meant that Johnson doesn't play then he would have added that Johnson doesn't throw, he doesn't catch, and he doesn't block. He just said he doesn't throw the ball. Pretty clear to me.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
This sounds like a T.O. comment...at least T.O. was humble when he started and can actually make plays.

this is the most ridiculous post ever

~ TO was more humble at the beginning.....CHECK.
~ TO did make more plays than Crabtree.....CHECK.

is this post redonkulous ...check

This sounds like a T.O. comment...at least T.O. was humble when he started and can actually make plays.

Here i have corrected this for you. TO is still making more plays than crabtree 200 yards yesterday for Mr owens and why did we let a true number 1 leave without a back up plan i'll never no.
Originally posted by jreff22:
“Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can’t throw the ball. He can just call plays.”

REAL TALK
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Here i have corrected this for you. TO is still making more plays than crabtree 200 yards yesterday for Mr owens and why did we let a true number 1 leave without a back up plan i'll never no.

You don't know? The Yorks took over remember?
Originally posted by mac707g:
Question for all of you fanboys going with the "IT NEEDED TO BE SAID" argument:

Why did it need to be said? What good will this serve? It won't change Singletary's mind. It won't change Baalke or Jed York's mind. All it will do is further divide the team when they are already divided to the point of disfunction.

So no, it didn't "NEED TO BE SAID" because saying it does nothing more than make you all think you know as much as NFL players and coaches.

Yes, it will change Singletary's mind. Coaches tend to listen to their players if it is about winning games. Alex has had preferred treatment where guys like Lewis, Clements, Rachal, Davis, and Iupati get singled out for poor play. There's always an excuse for Alex and Crabtree has just unveiled something that is being talked about within the players. Preferred treatment loses the players trust more than anything.

I'm sorry, but benching Alex for Carr or Troy Smith is an improvement because its taking steps into the direction of an Alex Smithless era even if these guys suck and it's all about improving the 49ers, not improving everything around a problem to the nth degree and ignoring that problem altogether.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
“Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can’t throw the ball. He can just call plays.”

REAL TALK

Now sing will bench Crab for being a rat... When keeping it real goes wrong.

REAL TALK

Actually Mike Johnson can throw the ball. He used to be a QB @ ASU. Heck he might even throw better than you know who...
[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:48 PM ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mac707g:
Question for all of you fanboys going with the "IT NEEDED TO BE SAID" argument:

Why did it need to be said? What good will this serve? It won't change Singletary's mind. It won't change Baalke or Jed York's mind. All it will do is further divide the team when they are already divided to the point of disfunction.

So no, it didn't "NEED TO BE SAID" because saying it does nothing more than make you all think you know as much as NFL players and coaches.

Because he didnt say alex smith people trippin on are putting words in his mouth and assuming already he took a stab at smith. When you assume it makes an ass of u and me.
now we gonna trade crabtree

and sign smith to an extension

Originally posted by rawdel:

REAL TALK

Now sing will bench Crab for being a rat... When keeping it real goes wrong.

it's all good. Just moves singletary closer to the unemployment line.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Wouldn't be the first WR over the last several years with the 49ers implying this.

Quote:
The 49ers released Bryant on March 1, 2007 – not just because of his arrest but also because of his conflicts with quarterback Alex Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in the ’05 draft.

Bryant says Smith operated under a different set of rules and that he was slow to pick up the 49ers offense.

“You go to practice, and you go over something over and over again,” Bryant says. “When are you going to figure this out?”

Then-49ers coach Mike Nolan says he mishandled his receiver and regretted the team’s decision to release him.

“He was the best receiver we had in San Francisco, in the time I was here,” says Nolan, fired by the 49ers in October. “Looking back on it, I actually made a mistake in letting him go. I think I put too much blame on Antonio, as far as his relationship with the quarterback.

As it turns out, it was not all his doing. I blamed him for more than he should have been blamed for. There’s no question he was making more effort than I was made aware of. I truly regret that.”

happens alot with a team QBed by Alex Smith...other players get thrown under the bus.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by brhokla:
I can tell you this much, even I at my age can throw a better deep ball and hit a WR in stride. I don't understand how you can make it to the NFL and not have some sort of accuracy on any of your passes, short are high, or low, Mid are high or low, deep is usually way off. Touch throwing the ball is essential to even High School QB-ing. Smith has not shown he has any touch and after being in the NFL as long as he has been you would think he would have improved on this as his accuracy is very poor!

sure you can Uncle Rico

i stopped reading right there.
Its about time somone just came clean!

TO at the beginning of his Career played with Steve Young

so of course he was gonna be quiet and make plays

Share 49ersWebzone