LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 312 users in the forums

What Michael Crabtree just said

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
If Tree took shots at Smith he's frickin stupid. I could roll out tape comparing both Players mistakes and Tree would win it in a landslide for most gaffs committed.

Smith has way better numbers with everyone else.

Also if Tree DID take a shot at his QB, I think that it is indeed time to trade that buffoon. He's good. But he doesn't have the cred to make those kinds of statements. I mean seriously what has he done that his counterparts haven't? Oh wait I know, he only caused 4 Interceptions to start the season with.

Not even Frank has caused that many.

I still don't know that Smith is the answer but Tree sure as f@k ain't.

If he's not benched he seriously needs his ass kicked. Vernon might do it for sh!ggles.

~Ceadder

So you would trad Tree because he called a spade, a spade. Incredible. There certainly are more losers around than yer boy and savior Smith.

Dude, why do you even bother to address that guy? He could be Smith's dad for all we know. NO TEAM in the NFL would trade for Smith. NONE. A lot of teams would be happy to steal Crabs from us. I shudder to think what he would do in Indianapolis.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
wow....people who keep harping on Crabtree and the preseason..

DON'T YALL REMEMBER WHY HE MISSED SOME GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE????

yall act like he just felt like not playing or something, and stepped back.

needs to be quoted, because this preseason BS keeps coming up.

I swear some of yall just ignore stuff about cause and effect when it comes to our team. Mainly from the QB position.

CAUSE- Alex's patented high inaccurate passes

EFFECT- Crabtree trying to make a play for Alex, comes down on his neck

OUTCOME- Crabtree is injured and has to miss preseason games.

CAUSE- Alex's patented high inaccurate passes

EFFECT- Vernon Davis trying to make a play for Alex comes down awkwardly on his leg

OUTCOME- Vernon is injured and has to miss a couple of preseason games.

I think it is understandable to be more cautious about a neck injury than a leg one....I mean even our Doctors said to be careful.

The funny thing is that people think they know what VD and Crabs were arguing about. My guess is that Crabs was criticizing Smith and VD did not like that, being the consummate teammate. Crabs has flaws, but he is right. And the players don't want to have a QB who inspires zero confidence.

Smith is a danger to every receiver because he exposes them to big hits. People have forgotten what it was like to see players receive the ball in stride and have time to make a move that resulted in a TD. If you are jumping, you ain't jiving. I may have to patent that one.
I'm sure if they anonymously polled the entire 53 man roster of the 49ers and asked, "Do you think Alex Smith is a good quarterback?" at least 80% of the responses would be NO. We have some studs on our team that are ready to be great football team and make the playoffs NOW. I'm sure most of you know who these guys are...

Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Justin Smith, Michael Crabtree and you can name a few other guys in that bunch.

The talent is there. But what's holding us back? You can argue that coaching is a big problem, which I'll admit.. we don't have a great coaching staff. But what is the single most important position on a football team... quarterback. Alex Smith is the weakest link by far. Alex Smith is holding the entire team and organization back from greatness. This year he is proving that he is garbage and always will be garbage. You Alex supporters must be smoking something real good because it seems like 6 years of losing is not enough for you.

Props to Crabtree for calling Alex's sorry a** out. More of the players should start doing this, including the coaches. Sing needs to stop saying Alex is playing well or decent because he is playing like crap and everyone knows it.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I'm sure if they anonymously polled the entire 53 man roster of the 49ers and asked, "Do you think Alex Smith is a good quarterback?" at least 80% of the responses would be NO. We have some studs on our team that are ready to be great football team and make the playoffs NOW. I'm sure most of you know who these guys are...

Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Justin Smith, Michael Crabtree and you can name a few other guys in that bunch.

The talent is there. But what's holding us back? You can argue that coaching is a big problem, which I'll admit.. we don't have a great coaching staff. But what is the single most important position on a football team... quarterback. Alex Smith is the weakest link by far. Alex Smith is holding the entire team and organization back from greatness. This year he is proving that he is garbage and always will be garbage. You Alex supporters must be smoking something real good because it seems like 6 years of losing is not enough for you.

Props to Crabtree for calling Alex's sorry a** out. More of the players should start doing this, including the coaches. Sing needs to stop saying Alex is playing well or decent because he is playing like crap and everyone knows it.

Even though I'm a Alex Smith supporter, I have to agree with you. Alex hurts the team with inaccurate passes. His best game came against the Saints and he was part of the blame for turn overs. I'm so tired of saying he has to get it together. Its time for a streak of good performances, and less turn overs.

Its like we have good Alex and bad Alex. Good Alex drove the Niners down to send the Saints game into overtime. Bad Alex throws picks in the redzone. We need to see more of good Alex and less and less of bad Alex.

If teamates calling Alex out makes him play better then its all good.
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:
I never tried to be one of those A.Smith haters but i am just exhausted in trying to stick up for the kid and hoping for the best... He simply is not the answer at QB. Although i do not want UNDER ANY Circumstances to have David Carr under center. If we are 0-6 i say you bring in Troy Smith to see what he can do with this Offense. Bench Alex Smith, release Carr and Elevate Nate Davis. Although Nate has a cannon of an arm it is pretty sad the kid doesnt have a strong work ethic.. i mean Frank Gore had learning issues and he is a work horse and takes the time to figure things out. But yea .. what Crab said does make sense. I watched pieces of the game online and Alex is just .. well.. yea.. wutever..
Put in Troy and see what the kid has.. and see who we can bring in during FA. But it has finally been apparent to me that Alex is a bust... no more excuses for the kid.. He's done.. and i wish him well ..

Sing is the one who called out Davis for not having a sufficiently strong work ethic. Ironic, because one could say that a HC who had never before been an NFL HC or much of a coach at all before he was named HC, should study all the things that are second nature to those who have been around -- getting plays called in on time, getting the ball to your playmakers, not having an utterly predictable offense. Every time Sing finds out about something a head coach should know, he says its something we can take care of. How come he didn't do whatever it takes to do his best to get on the same level as the rest of the HC's in the league? No, it isn't that there are problems with the headphones that only seem to happen to us.

nicely put, watch all the alex supporters rush back to him when he can get away with sucking against bad teams and win.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:12 PM ]
I don't disagree with someone saying something about Alex, but I don't think it should be Crabtree. How many practices of his have been "limited"? How many preseason games has he played in? How many passes has he dropped, routes he's ran wrong, etc? Too many of each for him to be calling anyone out. He has 1 decent game(finally) and he thinks it's his place to call out the QB? He seriously needs a clue.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

nicely put, watch all the alex supporters rush back to him when he can get away with sucking against bad teams and win.

What's interesting is that Singletary's mantra this year was "detail". And yet he did not do his part. He is a lazy blowhard who has no clue about coaching. Remember that this guy still considers Nolan to be a "great" coach.

I think we have three, possibly four problems on offense.

1) Rookies still learning and gelling on the OL.
2) Average to below-average QB play (this season at least).
3) An imbalance in the strengths of our receiving weapons. Vernon has speed, but lacks a strong ability to read the defense and go on the hot-routes, so splitting him at WR often has marginal impact. We have a bunch of possession receivers and Ginn who can't catch. Why fear the deep pass when you have no reason to on defense?

Teams know these things, and when you sum it all together, you have an offense that really isn't difficult to stop, despite the weapons it does have. Let's analyze:

1. If the OL can't protect, the QB has no time to throw and receivers -- especially ones that lack top-end speed -- don't have time to get open.

2. Even if the OL CAN protect, the QB has to be accurate and the WRs have to get open and catch the ball consistently.

3. Even if the OL protects, and the QB throws good passes, the WRs have to get open and catch balls consistently. Our guys hardly do either of these. Lack of speed + bad hands on top of that = Easy to defend downfield = Press coverage = Bring pressure often because chances our the OL can't hold up the blitz, the WRs won't have the speed to separate, and even if those two things don't occur.. you're defending against a QB who has made bad decisions under pressure.

This is why we can't score. We're a cinch to defend. If we as fans can figure it out this easily, an NFL DC will feast on your team.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

3) An imbalance in the strengths of our receiving weapons. Vernon has speed, but lacks a strong ability to read the defense and go on the hot-routes, so splitting him at WR often has marginal impact. We have a bunch of possession receivers and Ginn who can't catch. Why fear the deep pass when you have no reason to on defense?

Teams know these things, and when you sum it all together, you have an offense that really isn't difficult to stop, despite the weapons it does have. Let's analyze:

1. If the OL can't protect, the QB has no time to throw and receivers -- especially ones that lack top-end speed -- don't have time to get open.

2. Even if the OL CAN protect, the QB has to be accurate and the WRs have to get open and catch the ball consistently.

3. Even if the OL protects, and the QB throws good passes, the WRs have to get open and catch balls consistently. Our guys hardly do either of these. Lack of speed + bad hands on top of that = Easy to defend downfield = Press coverage = Bring pressure often because chances our the OL can't hold up the blitz, the WRs won't have the speed to separate, and even if those two things don't occur.. you're defending against a QB who has made bad decisions under pressure.

This is why we can't score. We're a cinch to defend. If we as fans can figure it out this easily, an NFL DC will feast on your team.

Great post & I completely agree OTC! My girlfriend gets so upset with me because I scream about this to the TV every week & slam my stuffed 49ers football around every sunday while she just shakes her head at me

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Great post & I completely agree OTC! My girlfriend gets so upset with me because I scream about this to the TV every week & slam my stuffed 49ers football around every sunday while she just shakes her head at me

It's not that we lack talent. We have talent, but we don't have the "right" pieces to the puzzle on offense. We've jammed non-fitting pieces into it all, forcing it together, and no matter how hard you try to make that work, it just doesn't.

You need players to complement each other. You need a lot of different ways to attack, and we lack the receiving complements as well as a top-end QB to win games right now. I like Alex as a person, but he's not getting it done. He showed promise last year, but hope is dwindling fast now. He's lost confidence of almost the entire fan base. I haven't completely shut it down on Smith, but I'm looking at 10% confidence right now.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Hades49:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by digital9er:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
"Alex Smith sux! Yay! Whooooooooo! That right there is my intelligence! I come on a message board have 420,690,666 post saying the exact same thing! But Alex is the loser"........................

Okay lets look at his stats.....Wow cool...only two interceptions each game so far....AWESOME. He has good passer ratings....YAY. Wow cool check downs on 9 out of 10 passes. One TD and lay goose eggs for the rest of the game...COOOOOOL.

Wow you're such a genius. Did you know that the bulk of Montana's passes were Slants?

Now here you are talking sh!t about "checkdowns".

Must be nice being able to walk with one foot fully sticking out your ass it's buried so deep in your mouth.

Do you have any more talents or is this your only one?

A COMPLETION IS A COMPLETION GENIUS!

And not all his Passes are checkdowns. If that's what the Defense gives you you take it. Especially when your Line is going to get you killed.

Man it must be nice to live in your world where everything you do is perfect.

~Ceadder

The problem is that he can't even throw a checkdown accurately. Why does Gore have to make spectacular catches all the time when he's like 3 yards away from Alex Smith? I mean, back in the day, a checkdown for the 49ers was like a 7 yard gain. Nowadays it's an INT return for a TD...this is something that happens...to rookies, not 6-year veterans. I'm getting kind of tired defending this guy. It's just mistake after mistake after mistake.

Also, you say "a completion is a completion." True, if you look at the stats, a completion is a completion. However, if you have an accurate QB who's able to hit guys in stride, that same 2-yard completion could end up as a 50-yard completion for a TD. Remember all those slants the 49ers used to run? Did Rice have great speed? Did Taylor have great speed? Not really, but the QBs always got them the ball right between the numbers.

Thank you!! The fact that people on here still defend this loser is beyond me. Smith will NEVER cut it as a starter in the NFL. He is a backup in a starting role.

Because sometimes a checkdown is a release valve on a unblocked rusher. Trying to avoid a sack, the QB sometimes makes an accurate thrown to the RB, sometimes it's an inaccurate throw where only the RB gets a chance to make the catch, then sometimes it gets tip upfield toward the defender for a TD. This happens to EVERY qb, not only Smith.

Exactly. I swear some of these people act like they just started watching the NFL only a couple years ago at the most.

I want perfection too dammit, but right now we don't get that. I hope we do cut Smith and I hope that every time he faces us we get our teeth kicked in for all the sh!t that people here in the Zone talk about the guy. It would serve us right.

I apologize to the people that were straight up in their willingness to see what happens this season. It's not you guys I have a problem with. It's the absolute TOOLS acting like Smith poked their baby sister in the browneye and gave her the clap. Dude can only do so much when the whole team around him is falling apart.

Me I don't give up on players that leave everything on the field. Smith does that. More than that whiny two faced Bish Crabtree does anyway.

Dude is making T.O. look like a choir boy.

~Ceadder

I'll give you that. It DOES happen to all QBs, and nerds also do get laid. All we're saying though is that it happens a lot more to Mr. Alex. That's all, and the problem is, his INTs always seem to happen at the worst possible time.

4 of his INTs' are thanks to Crabtree. That's what YOU GUYS are not getting.

Tree has NO f**king room to throw stones in this glass house.

We can sit the guy who has a 90+ Completion percentage to each of his Receivers ~Crabtree or we can bench Crabtree who caused 4 turnovers.

If you don't understand this issue then there is no hope for you.

Half of Smith's INTs' were caused by Crabtee slipping and falling + being hit in the numbers and running the wrong route.

But I'm Smith's dad right? Got what ignorance is this that I'm considered someone's relative for calling a spade a spade? Sit him trade him cut him I don't give a f**k at the moment. Only that dude needs a serious gut check. This kid has done s**t at the moment and everyone is all up in his ass about how he's such a play maker. Ziggy is a Playmaker. Vernon Davis is a Playmaker Frank Gore is a Playmaker, Hell even Delanie Walker is a Playmaker in comparison to Tree right now.

QBs' do not throw perfect throws over 50% of the time. Tree is being paid ALOT of money to catch Passes regardless of their placement if they are catchable. He makes JJ Stokes look like an All Pro Receiver.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by AlexismyManCrush:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
If Tree took shots at Smith he's frickin stupid. I could roll out tape comparing both Players mistakes and Tree would win it in a landslide for most gaffs committed.

Smith has way better numbers with everyone else.

Also if Tree DID take a shot at his QB, I think that it is indeed time to trade that buffoon. He's good. But he doesn't have the cred to make those kinds of statements. I mean seriously what has he done that his counterparts haven't? Oh wait I know, he only caused 4 Interceptions to start the season with.

Not even Frank has caused that many.

I still don't know that Smith is the answer but Tree sure as f@k ain't.

If he's not benched he seriously needs his ass kicked. Vernon might do it for sh!ggles.

~Ceadder

So you would trad Tree because he called a spade, a spade. Incredible. There certainly are more losers around than yer boy and savior Smith.

Dude, why do you even bother to address that guy? He could be Smith's dad for all we know. NO TEAM in the NFL would trade for Smith. NONE. A lot of teams would be happy to steal Crabs from us. I shudder to think what he would do in Indianapolis.

I don't I would only hope he continues to rely on his talent and his lack of preparation. Spencer would kill that fool if he hit him straight up.

And remember if we traded him we would have to get like compensation in return. My attitude about this is pretty straight forward. We had one T.O. already. Tree has SEVERAL years left on his contract and I don't want this Cancer to spread throughout the lockerroom.

You can call a spade a spade, but you better call your own number as well when you talk s**t especially when you caused 4 turnovers all by yourself.

~Ceadder
lol @ ^this guy saying Crabtree has caused 4 TOs all by himself. WTF are u smoking man? I'm convinced you're insane Ceadder.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
lol @ ^this guy saying Crabtree has caused 4 TOs all by himself. WTF are u smoking man? I'm convinced you're insane Ceadder.

Alex Smith needs all the supporters he can get.

His bandwagon is getting really empty.

Share 49ersWebzone