There are 195 users in the forums

What Michael Crabtree just said

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And here we go.....

I just got back from the 49ers’ locker room down here in Santa Clara. We spoke to Michael Crabtree, asked how new offensive coordinator Mike Johnson did on Sunday. This is what Crabtree said:

“Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can’t throw the ball. He can just call plays.”

When Crabtree said that, many reporters exchanged glances. You could take Crabtree’s words one of two ways:

He was making a general statement about coaches not being able to play – players play and must execute. Players say this all the time.

Or Crabtree was saying Johnson called good plays but Alex Smith did not execute well enough. If Crabtree meant No. 2, he was taking a shot at his quarterback.

I honestly don’t know what he meant. I’m just telling you what he said.

http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/12190/what-michael-crabtree-just-said/
Well its basically true. I mean what does Alex do well??? anything?? He is horrible on short passes to the point where I think I can throw a short pass better than him. The play yesterday where there was a PI called on the falcons but was taken back because Smiths throw was so bad that it was called uncatchable is beyond belief. Through 4 games he has looked like a rookie this year and his stats back that.
interesting that you posted this...lol. but I understand.

yeah, Crabs would be the first person I would think that would not "play the role"....

I'm surprised he lasted this long, to be honest with you.
It just keeps getting better!
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
And here we go.....

I just got back from the 49ers’ locker room down here in Santa Clara. We spoke to Michael Crabtree, asked how new offensive coordinator Mike Johnson did on Sunday. This is what Crabtree said:

“Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can’t throw the ball. He can just call plays.”

When Crabtree said that, many reporters exchanged glances. You could take Crabtree’s words one of two ways:

He was making a general statement about coaches not being able to play – players play and must execute. Players say this all the time.

Or Crabtree was saying Johnson called good plays but Alex Smith did not execute well enough. If Crabtree meant No. 2, he was taking a shot at his quarterback.

I honestly don’t know what he meant. I’m just telling you what he said.

http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/12190/what-michael-crabtree-just-said/

I definitely think it's #2. After the KC game Crabtree made similar comments, but it was about Raye. Not sure of the exact quote, but he was asked about the game and he basically said that I just go out and play I don't make the calls.
Originally posted by walker807:
Well its basically true. I mean what does Alex do well??? anything?? He is horrible on short passes to the point where I think I can throw a short pass better than him. The play yesterday where there was a PI called on the falcons but was taken back because Smiths throw was so bad that it was called uncatchable is beyond belief. Through 4 games he has looked like a rookie this year and his stats back that.

Even though I routinely defend Smith, I am severely questioning if he has what it takes to be an NFL QB upstairs. And I'm not referring to intelligence, more along the lines of gumption.

But Crabtree needs to keep his mouth shut. He is the reason we lost Week 1, and he might be a big part of the reason Smith is losing faith in his receivers and maybe even himself.
So Crabtree pointed out the obvious: Alex sucks period

I'm glad someone in this organization doesn't have their lips PERMANENTLY attached to Alex's a**.

But here comes the Crabtree is a cancer posts, when in reality, #11 has and will always be a cancer.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
interesting that you posted this...lol. but I understand.

yeah, Crabs would be the first person I would think that would not "play the role"....

I'm surprised he lasted this long, to be honest with you.

About time! This team is too kosher to risk saying anything about the babied Alex Smith. Good, let the other guy we have good money invested in come out and speak the truth.

Personally, I wish Frank Gore was the one who says something because Crabtree loses a little credibility on the fact that he's a WR. I really don't think Gore cares either unless his touches decrease.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Alex going to the bench soon....
Originally posted by DesiDez:
So Crabtree pointed out the obvious: Alex sucks period

I'm glad someone in this organization doesn't have their lips PERMANENTLY attached to Alex's a**.

But here comes the Crabtree is a cancer posts, when in reality, #11 has and will always be a cancer.

Who turned a three yard reception for a first down into an interception before the end of the half against Seattle? Who is the receiver that is killing Smith's stats? Oh, Crabtree? As I recall, this guy got chewed by VD for slacking, and that slacking is now paying NEGATIVE dividends.

is there really any other way to take this than "SMITH CAN'T THROW THE BALL?"

He's just stating the obvious.
I just wonder exactly how many games they are going to waste on Alex this season before pulling the plug. That Shaun Hill trade is looking pretty bad right now. I'm pissed cause I actually supported Alex until this season where there were no more excuses for him and the truth is plain that he actually is just a really bad QB.
If he thinks Alex is going to throw in his direction more after these comments, he's got another thing coming!!!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
GOOD. ALL players need to hear this and think this way as do our idiotic fans. Sing and Johnson cant play the game. The players need to want it an need to want the win as much if not more than the coaches like VD said in the post game video. He is just speaking the truth good for him for having some balls. Again quit putting all the blame on Sing he didnt fumble last play to win it or throw the ball straight at Falcon players. Player win games and this is not happening in SF right now.
or He could be talking about Johnsons failed NFL career and stating that he couldnt cut it in the NFL but he sure can call plays

lol
Share 49ersWebzone