49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 481 users in the forums

Optimism Anyone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
As a matter of fact I am optimistic about the Niners. First of all we played the two top teams in the NFC (New Orleans and Atlanta) to a standstill and could have won either game. In both games we had interceptions in the hands of the DBs and through various things they were dropped so we did not win the games. But the fact that we played them close to the end provides optimism for me.

I see a team in transition, with all of the talent in the world and a thought, a play away from winning, winning ugly perhaps but winning. The transition is in the OC hands. So Philadelphia will be our first full week under Johnson. He hopefully will have learned a bit about the offense and the needs from first hand perspective. So we should see some improvement. In the Atlanta game we needed 3 points of improvement to win the game on the offensive side.

In the Atlanta game, on the road, we basically contained Ryan and White until the last drive. We got some pass rush out of Harolson, that was some good news. Still no sacks from J. Smith or Lawson, or Willis. But Mays was an immediate improvement on Davis, so that is good news. Hopefully, we may see RJF in place of Sopoaga on pass rushing downs or just outright replacement. But we will see as time goes on. Another issue on the defense, it seemed like our DBs played with more authority in the Atlanta game, that is another good sign to me.

So I saw many good things in the Atlanta game. I always remember that the NFL season is 16 games long. If we turn it around with Philadelphia and win consistently during the middle part of the season we will all say that the first four games were our baptism in fire. I see us still winning the division. But each game we play if we continue to tighten the bolts we can have a successful season.

I still see 10-6.

fine post. a rarity in this forum.


See, now thats what im talkin about, fine post indeed. All i know is I rep my 49ers on twitter; i get clowned. I rep my 49ers tie at work; i get clowned. My family and friends are all clowning me because they know I root for the niners.....but u know what I tell them all......F**K YOU GUYS, WE'LL SEE WHEN WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS. Nice to know that someone sees my point and understands.
Our offense has scored 6, 10 and 7 points in 3 of the first 4 games. You do not win in the NFL with garbage like that.
[ Edited by JBatta49erfansince81 on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM ]
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,488
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
I get it optimism in that we are not mathematicallly eliminated you mean ? We have a QB who isn't consistent and still making too many mistakes for a six year veteran. We basically don't have any viable options backing up our starting QB and I want to make sure and thank Singletary for that fact , as he thanked Seattle for beating our @sses. The team gets up just enough to be close against the high profile teams but like the QB are inconsistent , but always find creative ways to lose , and then against lesser teams they should beat they come out flat and get trounced 31-6. Factor in a head coach who is plainly over his head and out coached each and every week , and you want optimism ?
The more I read what the sports writers put out the more the picture is clearing up. It is the receivers who are responsible for many of our problems. Vernon is still not turning his head. Crabtree is not running good routes and has a crappy attitude. Combine that with the OL's troubles, and any QB would be performing less than he is capable. But many of you refuse to acknowlege this.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Optimistic? The current 49ers...optimistic? They're hanging around in games, but they're the dumbest team in the world and always find a way to lose. Mike Johnson I thought did a good job last Sunday, but we only scored 7 points on offense. The schedule gets easier and we play in the NFC West, but am I optimistic that this team will make a playoff run and win a Super Bowl? No, this team is an 8-8 team, at best. If we played in the NFC East, for example, there would be absolutely no reason for any optimism. Our head coach acts like a monkey. Our old offensive coordinator sleeps through meetings and it's his playbook that we're still operating on. Our QB situation is dire. We can't even pick a play in time. Do we need a freakin' "Ask Madden" option? Ginn comes back this week so expect a few more deflections and with Smith at QB, that will equal more interceptions. Even when we do come up with a big interception, they fumble the ball and give it right back. Optimistic?

Why the hell didn't we get McNabb again? We would be 3-1 right now if we had him. We could've had Aaron Rodgers throwing to DeSean Jackson. Instead, we have Alex Smith throwing to Michael Crabtree, who seems to lack deep speed and isn't getting much separation. He's looking more and more like J.J. Stokes every week while DeSean Jackson is terrorizing NFL defenses and McNabb is still playing like McNabb. Rodgers looks like he's headed to the Super Bowl. Smith, in his 6th year, is still apologizing for mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake...as if you have all the time in the world to improve. It's been 6 years. If you still make rookie mistakes in your 6th year after 6 offensive coordinators, I think that you shouldn't have an NFL job.

So, to answer the question, am I optimistic? Yes.



Why? I'm a fan. I love my damn team. I know that we aren't looking good right now, but one day, things will change. I don't know when the turnaround will happen. It could be tomorrow. It could be 5 or 10 years from now. I love my team and I love my city, and all I know is that one damn day, things will change, and when it does, it's going to feel pretty damn sweet after having gone through all this utter BULLSH*T. Just like it felt so good that my Giants won the NL West this year after a long drought, it's going to feel even better when the 49ers are back on top of the NFC West where they rightfully belong.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:45 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
As a matter of fact I am optimistic about the Niners. First of all we played the two top teams in the NFC (New Orleans and Atlanta) to a standstill and could have won either game. In both games we had interceptions in the hands of the DBs and through various things they were dropped so we did not win the games. But the fact that we played them close to the end provides optimism for me.

I see a team in transition, with all of the talent in the world and a thought, a play away from winning, winning ugly perhaps but winning. The transition is in the OC hands. So Philadelphia will be our first full week under Johnson. He hopefully will have learned a bit about the offense and the needs from first hand perspective. So we should see some improvement. In the Atlanta game we needed 3 points of improvement to win the game on the offensive side.




I agree with this!!!!

In the Atlanta game, on the road, we basically contained Ryan and White until the last drive. We got some pass rush out of Harolson, that was some good news. Still no sacks from J. Smith or Lawson, or Willis. But Mays was an immediate improvement on Davis, so that is good news. Hopefully, we may see RJF in place of Sopoaga on pass rushing downs or just outright replacement. But we will see as time goes on. Another issue on the defense, it seemed like our DBs played with more authority in the Atlanta game, that is another good sign to me.

So I saw many good things in the Atlanta game. I always remember that the NFL season is 16 games long. If we turn it around with Philadelphia and win consistently during the middle part of the season we will all say that the first four games were our baptism in fire. I see us still winning the division. But each game we play if we continue to tighten the bolts we can have a successful season.

I still see 10-6.

fine post. a rarity in this forum.
I agree with this!!!!
Originally posted by billbird2111:


Not another koolaid thread. Can we please have an official Koolaid thread? We really need one.

There's just something about that high acid Yellow Koolaid that brings back people back for more! They just can't get enough. 0-0-0-0
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:57 PM ]
repost - goblok saya ya!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:56 PM ]
Slim to none. Tired of these emotional roller coasters of aahh f*** (game 1) to oh oh oh, sh*t (game 2) then back to AAAAAGGHH F**K (game 3) and back to oh oh, for petes sake g'dammit (game 4).

Waaay better team, same g'damn problems as last year. Roddy White said it best "they don’t know better" although he spoke of his strip this is evident all around the organization from top to bottom.

Dear 9ers,
The best thing about your 0-4 is that you've gotten me to cleaning my house well before each game has ended; it's now pristine. Just like last year, I can always count on you to tell me what you have yet to show. But I must be thankful so thank you for nothing since thats all you have given us.

Sincerely,
Little faith, tons of hope
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,488
Originally posted by B650:
I know that we aren't looking good right now, but one day, things will change. I don't know when the turnaround will happen. It could be tomorrow. It could be 5 or 10 years from now. I love my team and I love my city, and all I know is that one damn day, things will change, and when it does, it's going to feel pretty damn sweet after having gone through all this utter BULLSH*T. Just like it felt so good that my Giants won the NL West this year after a long drought, it's going to feel even better when the 49ers are back on top of the NFC West where they rightfully belong.

It won't come with Smith. That's for sure. People can only make so many excuses for him. Tipped passes, bad OL, bad coaching, bad playcalling, different O. Coor's. 6 years later I'm still sick of always hearing an excuse for his bad play.
At this point I'm optimistic there won't be any football next year. That's if this franchise doesn't find a way to lose in a lockout season. The performances by this team just leaves me baffled Sunday after Sunday. It's like the Lions of the last 10 years and Bengals of the 90's. Blow out one Sunday and lose a close game that makes you go "huh? how did the f*ck did we lose that one?" No game on the schedule is winnable with this team. Any coach could outsmart Singletary on any given Sunday. Even if they do get it together I don't see anything better than a 500 finish and that will get it to 6-10.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by B650:
I know that we aren't looking good right now, but one day, things will change. I don't know when the turnaround will happen. It could be tomorrow. It could be 5 or 10 years from now. I love my team and I love my city, and all I know is that one damn day, things will change, and when it does, it's going to feel pretty damn sweet after having gone through all this utter BULLSH*T. Just like it felt so good that my Giants won the NL West this year after a long drought, it's going to feel even better when the 49ers are back on top of the NFC West where they rightfully belong.

It won't come with Smith. That's for sure. People can only make so many excuses for him. Tipped passes, bad OL, bad coaching, bad playcalling, different O. Coor's. 6 years later I'm still sick of always hearing an excuse for his bad play.

Yeah, but you never know, Troy Smith might be named the starter, they could trade for a QB, etc. Anything is possible.
Originally posted by verb1der:
My optimism is that while Alex Smith keeps throwing INTs, his supporters will look more and more stupid. lol

+1

LOL
meh
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone