There are 238 users in the forums

Optimism Anyone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rk1642:
I'm all in and will never give up on the team!

Its much easier to hate and blame Smith, OC, HC, etc., but while I'm very disapointed in the team so far, I do see hope.

Even the Sunday night crew were saying that we are still in the NFC West race and I know some of that is to get the people to tune in but I'll take anything at this point.

They gotta hype the game some way to get viewers.

But while I am very disapointed in this team I still remain optimistic. The team is on the edge. They need something to push them over. It's there I can feel it.

Not giving up hope on the season until the team is eliminated from any contention. A post season appearance will do wonders for this team.

Wishing for failure is downright wrong. A little success doesn't necessarily mean people will keep their jobs. The writing is on the wall. Unless Alex miraculously turns into Peyton Manning we'll draft a QB next year. We'll probably trade up to do so as well.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Optimism = The day we get rid of Alex "THE BUST" Smith.

This
I have optimism just based on the next 7 teams we play. I see all games as very winnable games, but we know the niners and how they play down to their competition, which worries me.

Sun 10/10 Eagles - 5:20p
Sun 10/17 Raiders - 1:15p
Sun 10/24 @Panthers - 10:00a
Sun 10/31 Broncos - 10:00a
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams - 1:15p
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers - 1:05p
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals - 5:30p
you know who I am starting to like (not as much as Gruden), the OC from the Jets.... BS he uses the same digit system and if you guys saw him in Hard Knocks you saw how good he was with Mark Sanchez, maybe we bring him, we don't have to learn a new language and we draft a QB so he can develop a la MArk sanchez.... just a thought..

I am still optimistic about this season and I really expect for our season to turn starting this Sunday at home vs the eagles...

go niners
My optimism is that while Alex Smith keeps throwing INTs, his supporters will look more and more stupid. lol
Originally posted by servegmo:
you know who I am starting to like (not as much as Gruden), the OC from the Jets.... BS he uses the same digit system and if you guys saw him in Hard Knocks you saw how good he was with Mark Sanchez, maybe we bring him, we don't have to learn a new language and we draft a QB so he can develop a la MArk sanchez.... just a thought..

I am still optimistic about this season and I really expect for our season to turn starting this Sunday at home vs the eagles...

go niners

yep, I have been dropping his name for a couple of years now on this site....Sanchez too, but obviously that ship has sailed.

Sanchez will be considered fully developed very soon, that would be the opportunity to give Brian HC and authorization to draft a QB...to see if he can do it again
Originally posted by dwy621:
I have optimism just based on the next 7 teams we play. I see all games as very winnable games, but we know the niners and how they play down to their competition, which worries me.

Sun 10/10 Eagles - 5:20p
Sun 10/17 Raiders - 1:15p
Sun 10/24 @Panthers - 10:00a
Sun 10/31 Broncos - 10:00a
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams - 1:15p
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers - 1:05p
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals - 5:30p

7-4 or 6-5 bye the end of that stretch. just win one first and the momentum should be back on our side..call me crazy, but you'll agree with me later
one thing Alex Smith is consistant about and that's being inconsistant!
We're going to win the division. Despite believing that, I'm still upset with how things are transpiring...
I'm very optimistic about this season...Titans went 0-6 and they pulled it off. Our team can play...we just have to execute! Niners WILL WIN SUNDAY against the EAGLES! I GUARANTEE THE DAMN THANG!!!

Originally posted by Niner51:
I'm very optimistic about this season...Titans went 0-6 and they pulled it off. Our team can play...we just have to execute! Niners WILL WIN SUNDAY against the EAGLES! I GUARANTEE THE DAMN THANG!!!

This isn't like other sports where being out 2 games isn't a huge deal. Two games in the NFL is a big hurdle, especially when your team shows absolutely NO signs of promise.
LOL.

I still have hope.

12-4

each week that assumption only changes by a game.

we have the talent. i really think this team needs a 'click' and it will be smooth rolling from there. just waiting for it to happen.
Originally posted by aMikeNolanGuy:
Originally posted by Niner51:

This isn't like other sports where being out 2 games isn't a huge deal. Two games in the NFL is a big hurdle, especially when your team shows absolutely NO signs of promise.

You maybe right but bro come on you gotta have FAITH! 49ERFAITHFUL BRUH!
Originally posted by pyroglass:
I still have hope.

12-4

each week that assumption only changes by a game.

we have the talent. i really think this team needs a 'click' and it will be smooth rolling from there. just waiting for it to happen.

CO SIGN!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone