There are 360 users in the forums

Reasons We Will WIN This Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Only if Michael Vick and Assante Samuels both can't play due to injuries!
The Philadelphia Eagles aren't able to find their way to the stadium maybe?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Their bus got hijacked in double rock
this thread.

The Niners will find a new and inventive way to lose this game -- just like they found new and inventive ways to lose the first four games.

Can't you people get it through your heads? This is a BAD team. BAD teams FIND new and inventive ways to lose games.

The sooner you come to this realization -- the easier it will be for you to handle what is sure to be a dreadful season.

1-15 or worse. I didn't think we'd be this bad. But we are.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by billbird2111:
this thread.

The Niners will find a new and inventive way to lose this game -- just like they found new and inventive ways to lose the first four games.

Can't you people get it through your heads? This is a BAD team. BAD teams FIND new and inventive ways to lose games.

The sooner you come to this realization -- the easier it will be for you to handle what is sure to be a dreadful season.

Bill, this is a great team with a bad QB. Like the Ravens before Flacco, the Falcons before Ryan, the Patriots before Brady, the Rams before Warner, the Cardinals before Warner, the Steelers before Roethlisberger, the Eagles before McNabb, the Colts before Manning, and soon to be the Rams before Bradford. I'm not saying we're ready for the superbowl, but all those teams were floundering and looked like bad teams before a great QB came on board.

Bad QBs make the whole team (players and mgmt) look bad. They can even make you think that they aren't the problem!
We are 1 elite QB away from being an NFC championship contender!
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
this thread.

Bill, this is a great team with a bad QB. Like the Ravens before Flacco, the Falcons before Ryan, the Patriots before Brady, the Rams before Warner, the Cardinals before Warner, the Steelers before Roethlisberger, the Eagles before McNabb, the Colts before Manning, and soon to be the Rams before Bradford. I'm not saying we're ready for the superbowl, but all those teams were floundering and looked like bad teams before a great QB came on board.

Bad QBs make the whole team (players and mgmt) look bad. They can even make you think that they aren't the problem!
We are 1 elite QB away from being an NFC championship contender!

This is probably where you and I part ways Shaj. I don't see it. There are parts of the team that are good. I like our offensive and defensive lines. Willis is a good linebacker. Vernon Davis is a playmaker at tight end.

Ah, who knows? You might be right. I just find it rather hard to believe at the moment.

All I see is 0-4.
I'll give you all a relatively good reason, anyone know how long Vick's gonna be out? If anyone watched that Eagles game last night, his arm got messed up after trying to scramble and only getting to the 1 yard line instead of a touchdown. But hey, it's starting to get a little annoying having to once again say we will win this game, okay, maybe the next, alright for sure the one after, but who's a true niners fan to complain?

On that note: GO NINERS!!! LETS GET ON A STREAK DAMMIT
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

*A smiley that is praying*
Originally posted by the_educator:
1. Vick might not play
2. Kolb will have to play
3.rachal HOPEFULLY wont play

and patrick willis is playing fine. every time the defense doesn't play great people blame willis for not having 20 tackles when other players NEED to make more plays.

How far has this team fallen that we have to look for other teams to be weakened in order for our team to win. Example: If Vick doesn't play we win. Since Warner retired we'll win.
The 49ers are not as good as they looked on paper before the season started. It comes down to a crushing level of mistakes made every game causing them to lose. I think for the 49ers to win over the Eagles, it will depend on whether or not the Eagles have a bad game & make more mistakes than the 49ers.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:55 AM ]

"Don't Tell Me, Show Me"
Originally posted by djfullshred:
The 49ers are not as good as they looked on paper before the season started. It comes down to a crushing level of mistakes made every game causing them to lose. I think for the 49ers to win over the Eagles, it will depend on whether or not the Eagles have a bad game & make more mistakes than the 49ers.

Mistakes are usually a reflection of coaching. Smith's interceptions not included.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by the_educator:
1. Vick might not play
2. Kolb will have to play
3.rachal HOPEFULLY wont play

and patrick willis is playing fine. every time the defense doesn't play great people blame willis for not having 20 tackles when other players NEED to make more plays.

How far has this team fallen that we have to look for other teams to be weakened in order for our team to win. Example: If Vick doesn't play we win. Since Warner retired we'll win.

That is the saddest truth.
Reason we will NOT win this week:

A win would be great but our secondary worries me agains Vick/Kolb. Cassell looked like Brady last week against our DB's.
Share 49ersWebzone