There are 244 users in the forums

Some thoughts on Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
I really feel that Crabtree is nothing special. Not the type of reciever to scare defenses. I know he has Alex as a qb so that is a defense for him but he is slow and not a good runner after the catch. He cant get seperation. Also, the whole diva thing really bothers me because he isnt at t tech and hasnt done anything.

I still feel we need another wr.

Crabtree is overrated!
you put crabtree on a team with a real qb, he'll tear s**t up.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

this ^^^

He didn't play well for the first few games but yeah, he is warming up. It's not his fault that when he gets one on one coverage right now his QB can't throw him an accurate pass or hit him down the sidelines. Give him a good QB and he would be doing really well right now. He reminds me of Hakeem Nicks but Nicks is more productive because he has a good QB.

Agreed.

Our stupid offensive coordinators don't know how to use him. They don't know how to put him in the slot and Alex Smith doesn't know how to hit him while he is running a route. Only thing we know how to do is let him run 10 yards up the field, stop and let Smith throw the ball his way.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Crabtree catches everything he gets his hands on. Every team is looking for a reciever like that. Personally, I think he's an ideal #2 behind an explosive, big bodied #1 reciever, ala Andre Johnson.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 4, 2010 at 6:38 AM ]
Originally posted by cNiner:

this ^^^

+1
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by cNiner:

this ^^^

+1

I almost feel like this is Vernon Davis all over again. I can't belive that others think this way about Crabtree when its pretty obvious he's the best receiver on our team. I also have no doubt that Crabtree would absolutely tear it up on say the Packers, Patriots, Colts, etc..Just like Raye was a blessing for VD, I feel like Mike Johnson could be a blessing for Crabtree, now all we need is a blessing at QB

u could say that about almost any WR

I actually watched crabtree when he was at Texas Tech. He is overrated. He doesn't run clean routes and he can't get separation. He's more a product of that offense than he is a great receiver. Wes Welker runs far better routes but doesn't have crabtree's physical tools. Crabtree does have a very quick first step when he makes the break in his route. That usually got him some separation in college but it isn't working so well in the nfl. At best he'll be a good 2nd receiver.

I know everything is smith's fault here but we really don't have that good of a receiving corps.....
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Crabtree is top of the line, just like Vernon Davis.

We need a QB.

/thread
Originally posted by niners9:

u could say that about almost any WR

Exactly. Look at Austin Collie.
Share 49ersWebzone