There are 206 users in the forums

All's Well That Ends Well

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All's Well That Ends Well... and that's going to hold true for our 49ers.

Yes, clearly we are 0-4 and things on the surface look a bit grim. BUT, the fact that we can (and will IMO) finish with a winning record is more that reasonable. No, i do not feel that i am a homer, but you can call me that if you wish. IMO here's why there are reasons for optimism amongst all this pessimism:

1.) 2 of our 4 losses have been last second field goal losses to the cream of the crop (NO and ATL) in the NFC.

2.) 3 of our 4 losses are ROAD losses in 3 of the more difficult environments in the NFL.

3.) Despite our lack of scoring vs ATL, any one that has watched every minute of every 49er game the past 20 games knows that was one of the better called games that we've had in some time. In our first week w/ a new OC we showed the ability to utilize the entire field, use multiple set and motions, and create mismatches and misdirections against a very good and underrated defense. The big stat for me is our marked improvement on 3rd down efficiency, going 6-12.

4.) Alex Smith is showing PROGRESS. Yes, the play where he tried to make something out of nothing on the pick tipped off Gores hand was STUPID. BUT, the more he plays, the more he'll learn those aren't the types of risks that offer much reward. The second pick really was a great defensive scheme by the Falcons. Give credit where credit is due. They're payed to stop offenses and that type of coverage would have fooled even the great Peyton Manning. So what did i see in Alex? Accuracy, intelligence, and the willingness to take chances. He completed almost 66% of his passes. He was something like 10 for his first 10. The deep ball to Walker drew PI and on a big 3rd and 1. The deep ball to Morgan, man if Alex had just a spilt second more i say he hits him deep. Woulda been nice to see Josh dive for that ball. The intelligence was on display when in shotgun on 3rd and 5 he audibles, motions gore from the right to the left and gives a draw to gore, first down! Just a great read of the defensive setup.

5.) Our schedule gets insanely easy!
- Eagles @ home where we play well. NO VICK. We own on prime-time. Especially our D. W
- Oak, C'mon man. W
- Panthers? Rookie qb? Easy. W
- Den in London, who knows? W/L
- Rams, Bucs, Cards thats 3 straight. W
- GB has ownage- L
- Sea, we get revenge @ home- W
- SD who knows? W/L
- Rams and Cards to finish out?? W

That's at least 8 with as many as 10 or 11 wins.

KEEP THE FAITH ALIVE. Look for the positives, cuz the negatives are for the deserters
Love it, still faithful!
Here come the haters..............

Go Niners! We will win, barring a Smith sighting!
Originally posted by kstolai:
Go Niners! We will win, barring a Smith sighting!

Ya I think we can beat Philly as long as Smith doesn't melt the f**k down like always.
you make good points but the bottom line is this team beats itself with consistency. It's like a disease that won't stop spreading.

*edit* I don't agree with your points about Smith, though. He is not any kind of answer. I'm done with him.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 3, 2010 at 7:20 PM ]
We replace Smitty we win
Can we get ONE win before we start predicting wins all over the place?? At the moment, we are 0-4. We don't have the right to start predicting wins against anyone.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Can we get ONE win before we start predicting wins all over the place?? At the moment, we are 0-4. We don't have the right to start predicting wins against anyone.

we have the right to predict whatever we want. lol
if we can get through this week without any drama, and come out next week fired up and get a W, then I'll really believe again.

Until that happens, I'm going to be very concerned about this team. Losses + Drama = A team on the verge of destroying itself.

Singeltary's big test will be to keep the team focused, confident, and free of distractions. He'll have to keep the team on an even keel and its hope alive.

I'm just not confident about that yet.
We suck. Period.

YEAAAAA!!! Hell with it!

I'm always down for the niners.

Let's do it baby!!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Being a Realistic fan I said hoping for 9 games. hopefully that's enough for the playoffs.
Thats swag you got all the positives down.

yes we haven't played to our potential but we have lost one 2 last second FGs.

I feel like the team is about to snap out of it.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

we have the right to predict whatever we want. lol

Sure, go right ahead and make your win predictions... Just don't be surprised if we lose to the raiders or panthers or even rams. Alexis Smith has proven he can always find a way to lose.
Smith is not making progress. One drive he is the next coming...then the next drive he's Ryan Leafs brother. You just can't win games consistently like that.

Smith was better LAST year than he is this year. That's the baffling part. Last year: the 2nd half at Houston, Seattle game, Jags game, Colts game, and of course the last two...Smith was decent. We could at least TRUST him with the ball.

Now we can't even do that. The guy has regressed big time.
Share 49ersWebzone