There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith + Crabtree = disaster (statistical proof)

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Now Crabtree is the problem. More Alexapathy.

Sounds like CrabtreEXCUSES to me for why the ball bounces directly off his hands and gets popped into the air for the int.
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
We have to remember that this is the first time Jerry Sullivan has had a chance to work his magic on another one of our wideouts. Truly the worst WR coach and fraud in the NFL. He didn't have a chance to f**ck up Crabtree last season. Hate to remind everyone that Brandon Lloyd had 149 yards with a 26.8 per catch last week for the Broncos. Perhaps he has had a chance to unlearn everything this farce for a coach threw upon him. I really believe that from everything I have read is that Sullivan is the rat everyone is looking for. He is a snake and totally incompetent. His only claim to fame is that he developed Boldin, I think it was the other way around.

I'll see your thread hijack with: I have long suspected that Sulli sucks. What are his successes? Gilmore? Battle? Morton over Rice?

I don't recall VD helping Morgan, Ziggy or Ginn see the light during TC.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Method:
smh at the first two responses. I could have bet on a handful of posters who would post the same f**king dumbf**king comment "alex smith = disaster" and bigmike + billbird would have been one of the few I would have listed.

Very original. Nice job guys.

So are you saying The Alex Smith experiment has been a great success?

Doesn't it say to you that maybe Crabtree is having some problems as well? The other receivers have the same QB throwing to them as well.

Statistics are very deceiving. If we take a look at some memorable bad passes this season, I can think of a few... First, the overthrow to Moron Norris. Sure Norris was not the best option for that play, but Alex f'd that one up and everybody including him knows it.

The overthrow to Gore which ended up in a pick for the Saints, easy pass, he f'd it up again. So many poor throws and decisions that statistics can't show.


So... two?
Alex seems like he know's were his wr's are going to be, but crabtree. That's not good from your number 1. I'd rather make a trade for Vincent Jackson and get a really playmaker see what mike johnson can do with that. Superbowl. Look at sd without, look at bradon marshall.
It appears that when Crabtree runs a route where he has to stop and become a stationary target he is looking for the ball and defender at the same time. I also recall 3 of these are when he is lined up on the right side. These are also short routes. When he runs routes on the left side of longer depth he looks more comfortable. It may be a case of keeping him at the X instead of having him moving between positions until we can get him going.
  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Wow, you guys crack me up with your blind hatred for Smith. The stats are right there in front of you, but you keep blaming Smith.

Smith throwing to Morgan : 10 of 17, 114 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 98.7

Smith throwing to Walker : 6 of 8, 59 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 95.3

Smith throwing the VD : 15 of 25, 173 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.9

Smitht throwing to Gore : 22 of 29, 203 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
QB Rating: 91.6

Smith throwing to Z : 5 of 8, 50 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.2

Smith throwing to Crabtree : 6 of 19, 81 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 6.6


I didn't read these stats and say, "See I told you, Smith is garbage".
I read these stats and said, "Man, I wish Crabtree would've played a little in preseason".
Smith and Crabtree obviously are NOT on the same page here. Smith's QB rating is pretty decent when throwing to ANYONE other than Crabtree.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not a Alex fanboy. But I'm not a hater either. It's painfully obvious that Crabtree is simply not prepared to play. Rather it's running the wrong pattern or making the wrong adjustment to the covering CB, Crabs play is clearly unacceptable.

I'd like to think that with Johnson calling the plays, maybe Crabtree will come around. I get the feeling that the offense has had a "why bother, we can't win with these playcalls anyway" mentallity, including Crabtree. There is hope now that Raye is gone. Hopefully we'll see the offense play with a little more confidence and attitude, including Crabtree.

The fact that we have to go back and breakdown Smith's play, to the level of individual performances, just goes to show how bad a QB he is. Again, this is nothing more than tailoring to the interests of Alex supporters. Overall, he's garbage, isnt moving the chains, throwing costly picks...........so lets break his game down until we can find areas where he looks great. We can debate all we want on how he has a great QB rating when throwing to Ziegler and/or Morgan, but the reality is that Smith isnt getting his receivers involved PERIOD. The WR position is non-existent on this squad (at this point), so to break down how well he's performing when passing to Morgan is really a moot point.
It's been three (3) games, folks...MC has shown the rust from no preseason. Look at what he and Alex were able to do last year...MJ will get them on the same page, have a little faith. It's not the disaster some of you seem to think it is.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Wow, you guys crack me up with your blind hatred for Smith. The stats are right there in front of you, but you keep blaming Smith.

Smith throwing to Morgan : 10 of 17, 114 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 98.7

Smith throwing to Walker : 6 of 8, 59 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 95.3

Smith throwing the VD : 15 of 25, 173 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.9

Smitht throwing to Gore : 22 of 29, 203 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
QB Rating: 91.6

Smith throwing to Z : 5 of 8, 50 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.2

Smith throwing to Crabtree : 6 of 19, 81 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 6.6


I didn't read these stats and say, "See I told you, Smith is garbage".
I read these stats and said, "Man, I wish Crabtree would've played a little in preseason".
Smith and Crabtree obviously are NOT on the same page here. Smith's QB rating is pretty decent when throwing to ANYONE other than Crabtree.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not a Alex fanboy. But I'm not a hater either. It's painfully obvious that Crabtree is simply not prepared to play. Rather it's running the wrong pattern or making the wrong adjustment to the covering CB, Crabs play is clearly unacceptable.

I'd like to think that with Johnson calling the plays, maybe Crabtree will come around. I get the feeling that the offense has had a "why bother, we can't win with these playcalls anyway" mentallity, including Crabtree. There is hope now that Raye is gone. Hopefully we'll see the offense play with a little more confidence and attitude, including Crabtree.

The fact that we have to go back and breakdown Smith's play, to the level of individual performances, just goes to show how bad a QB he is. Again, this is nothing more than tailoring to the interests of Alex supporters. Overall, he's garbage, isnt moving the chains, throwing costly picks...........so lets break his game down until we can find areas where he looks great. We can debate all we want on how he has a great QB rating when throwing to Ziegler and/or Morgan, but the reality is that Smith isnt getting his receivers involved PERIOD. The WR position is non-existent on this squad (at this point), so to break down how well he's performing when passing to Morgan is really a moot point.

Yup. It's not like 86.7 QB rating is a great rating too. That's good enough for 16th in the league right now.

There's a problem when you have to bend over backwards just to make someone look like an average QB.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Wow, you guys crack me up with your blind hatred for Smith. The stats are right there in front of you, but you keep blaming Smith.

Smith throwing to Morgan : 10 of 17, 114 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 98.7

Smith throwing to Walker : 6 of 8, 59 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 95.3

Smith throwing the VD : 15 of 25, 173 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.9

Smitht throwing to Gore : 22 of 29, 203 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
QB Rating: 91.6

Smith throwing to Z : 5 of 8, 50 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.2

Smith throwing to Crabtree : 6 of 19, 81 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 6.6


I didn't read these stats and say, "See I told you, Smith is garbage".
I read these stats and said, "Man, I wish Crabtree would've played a little in preseason".
Smith and Crabtree obviously are NOT on the same page here. Smith's QB rating is pretty decent when throwing to ANYONE other than Crabtree.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not a Alex fanboy. But I'm not a hater either. It's painfully obvious that Crabtree is simply not prepared to play. Rather it's running the wrong pattern or making the wrong adjustment to the covering CB, Crabs play is clearly unacceptable.

I'd like to think that with Johnson calling the plays, maybe Crabtree will come around. I get the feeling that the offense has had a "why bother, we can't win with these playcalls anyway" mentallity, including Crabtree. There is hope now that Raye is gone. Hopefully we'll see the offense play with a little more confidence and attitude, including Crabtree.

What can you say? All Alex Smith haters are oblivious, blind, and ignorant. Great post btw.
Is it just me or does Crabtree tend to slip a lot on his routes? If he is wearing his own brand of Nike shoes, he isn't helping them sell. The guy needs to learn how to plant his foot properly.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's been three (3) games, folks...MC has shown the rust from no preseason. Look at what he and Alex were able to do last year...MJ will get them on the same page, have a little faith. It's not the disaster some of you seem to think it is.

Listen. To. This. Srsly.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's been three (3) games, folks...MC has shown the rust from no preseason. Look at what he and Alex were able to do last year...MJ will get them on the same page, have a little faith. It's not the disaster some of you seem to think it is.

I understand that there are Alex Smith fans on this board who want to sink or swim with Alex at QB. Wins and losses do not matter. What matters is statistics and whether Alex is behind center.

The growing number of voices calling for his removal will turn into a steady roar as this team slips to 0-4, 0-5 and finally, 0-6. I don't actually think Dingleberry will give Alex a chance to lose the next three games -- but if he does -- you can cite statistics until the cows come home.

0-6 will be the ONLY stat that matters. And it will be squarely on Alex Smith's shoulders.

I can't see Alex having too much support -- even among his most fervent supporters -- when (not if) this team slides to an 0-6 start. But I imagine there will be some who want to forgive, forget and start over.

That blind support is mind-boggling to say the least. But I want to see this team win more than anything else -- rather than give some blind allegiance to one particular player.
Count on it!

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Flames-Mariah-Crabtree-finally-in-position-to;_ylt=Aqd51h0d5WI3NLheqj91lPNDubYF?urn=fantasy-273128
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I understand that there are Alex Smith fans on this board who want to sink or swim with Alex at QB. Wins and losses do not matter. What matters is statistics and whether Alex is behind center.


0-6 will be the ONLY stat that matters. And it will be squarely on Alex Smith's shoulders.

Wait.... so Smith is the entire reason that we are losing in your opinion?

What matters is WINS. WINS are a team effort. Always. Though the degree of the team effort can vary.

The NT "hater" mantra seems to be that when the team wins, it is IN SPITE of Smith, but when it loses, it is BECAUSE of Smith.

All I ask is for consistency. If one thinks that wins are what matter, don't harp on a poor Smith performance if the team wins or loses. On the other hand, if one thinks that Smith's performance - win or lose - is what counts, then don't complain about losses when Smith plays well.

Can't have it both ways....
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I understand that there are Alex Smith fans on this board who want to sink or swim with Alex at QB. Wins and losses do not matter. What matters is statistics and whether Alex is behind center.


0-6 will be the ONLY stat that matters. And it will be squarely on Alex Smith's shoulders.

Wait.... so Smith is the entire reason that we are losing in your opinion?

What matters is WINS. WINS are a team effort. Always. Though the degree of the team effort can vary.

The NT "hater" mantra seems to be that when the team wins, it is IN SPITE of Smith, but when it loses, it is BECAUSE of Smith.

All I ask is for consistency. If one thinks that wins are what matter, don't harp on a poor Smith performance if the team wins or loses. On the other hand, if one thinks that Smith's performance - win or lose - is what counts, then don't complain about losses when Smith plays well.

Can't have it both ways....