There are 209 users in the forums

Smith + Crabtree = disaster (statistical proof)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Method:
smh at the first two responses. I could have bet on a handful of posters who would post the same f**king dumbf**king comment "alex smith = disaster" and bigmike + billbird would have been one of the few I would have listed.

Very original. Nice job guys.

So are you saying The Alex Smith experiment has been a great success?

Doesn't it say to you that maybe Crabtree is having some problems as well? The other receivers have the same QB throwing to them as well.

Statistics are very deceiving. If we take a look at some memorable bad passes this season, I can think of a few... First, the overthrow to Moron Norris. Sure Norris was not the best option for that play, but Alex f'd that one up and everybody including him knows it.

The overthrow to Gore which ended up in a pick for the Saints, easy pass, he f'd it up again. So many poor throws and decisions that statistics can't show.

Setting Smith aside, don't these stats help make evident what we were already seeing: Crabtree is struggling.

We can agree on that.
Just goes to show how important practicing together is. You can't just spout "Alecks Smiff Suxxors" when he seems to be doing fine with all the other receivers.
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Cause before Crabtree got here Smith was tearing the NFL a new azzhole!....Damn you Crabtree for ruining a national treasure and greatest Qb in Niner history!

rename this tread:

"IT'S NOT HIS FAULT PART 6: The Check-Down Menace"

wow ignoranace at its finest

last year he did good every1 ahs agreed ont hat not great but good with 18 tds in 10.5 gamess this year it clearly states that his passer raring would improve drastically if crabtree ran the right route etc and notice how other WR and TE arent affected and dropping passes etc its only crabtree

please read the article before commenting and if u did read it take an english course cause u did not understand it

I agreed with it.....where's the f**king Alex Smith Kool-Aid I'm thirsty ! You guys won me over "F -Joe" "F-Steve" The Great Alex Smith will led us to 6 Super Bowls!!!

There's only one pick where the blame solely goes on Crabtree. The drop pass against Seattle.

The other 3 picks were a tipped pass on the line at scrimmage (no blame should go to either), Alex throwing a high, inaccurate pass and Crabs being out of position, and Alex making a bad decision, Crabs not running the route perfectly and Flowers making a spectular play.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
There's only one pick where the blame solely goes on Crabtree. The drop pass against Seattle.

The other 3 picks were a tipped pass on the line at scrimmage (no blame should go to either), Alex throwing a high, inaccurate pass and Crabs being out of position, and Alex making a bad decision, Crabs not running the route perfectly and Flowers making a spectular play.

Fo sho
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Would you draw a diagram of each of these plays for me? I'd really like to know what route he was running and what the protections were on each play.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Cause before Crabtree got here Smith was tearing the NFL a new azzhole!....Damn you Crabtree for ruining a national treasure and greatest Qb in Niner history!

rename this tread:

"IT'S NOT HIS FAULT PART 6: The Check-Down Menace"

It's a good point though. How come Smith's rating wasn't so sky high before Crabs was here, if Crabs is the root of all his problems?
[ Edited by Shaj on Sep 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Would you draw a diagram of each of these plays for me? I'd really like to know what route he was running and what the protections were on each play.

Someone alot smarter than me would have to do that for you.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

My work here is done.

My work here is done.

It doesn't take a genius to notice that a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage isn't Crabtree's fault. Maybe he told the defensive lineman that the pass was coming his way and be prepared but I'm not really buying that.

It doesn't take a genius to notice that on out route with no time for the receiver to adjust you can't make the receiver catch a leaping pass. There's no way around that pass against Seattle was a overthrow. Maybe if Crabtree was in the right position he could have tipped it away. He wasn't and both sides are to blame.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 30, 2010 at 8:30 PM ]

My work here is done.

It doesn't take a genius to notice that a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage isn't Crabtree's fault. Maybe he told the defensive lineman that the pass was coming his way and be prepared but I'm not really buying that.

It doesn't take a genius to notice that on out route with no time for the receiver to adjust you can't make the receiver catch a leaping pass. There's no way around that pass against Seattle was a overthrow. Maybe if Crabtree was in the right position he could have tipped it away. He wasn't and both sides are to blame.

only 1 was tipped and it wasnt at the LOS it was a brilliant play by the D sometimes that happens and the one against seattle i blame on both of them it was due to lack of chemistry which of course dates back to lack of TC and preseason play by crabs

and i recall alex wanting crabs to play more

maybe this is why?

My work here is done.

only 1 was tipped and it wasnt at the LOS it was a brilliant play by the D sometimes that happens and the one against seattle i blame on both of them it was due to lack of chemistry which of course dates back to lack of TC and preseason play by crabs

maybe this is why?

It was by a defensive lineman perhaps a yard or two off the LOS. Under no circumstance can you blame that on Crabs is the point. I wasn't trying to pin that on Alex though. I agree sometimes that just happens. Give credit to the D for making a great play.

The Seattle pass was lack of chemistry and lack of accuracy.

My work here is done.

maybe this is why?

It was by a defensive lineman perhaps a yard or two off the LOS. Under no circumstance can you blame that on Crabs is the point. I wasn't trying to pin that on Alex though. I agree sometimes that just happens. Give credit to the D for making a great play.

no u misunderstood me

im not blaming cabtree on that one if anyones fault it would be alexs but that was just a great play by the defender very athlethic play

My work here is done.

maybe this is why?

no u misunderstood me

im not blaming cabtree on that one if anyones fault it would be alexs but that was just a great play by the defender very athlethic play

I understood you, I was just reclarifying my post.
We have to remember that this is the first time Jerry Sullivan has had a chance to work his magic on another one of our wideouts. Truly the worst WR coach and fraud in the NFL. He didn't have a chance to f**ck up Crabtree last season. Hate to remind everyone that Brandon Lloyd had 149 yards with a 26.8 per catch last week for the Broncos. Perhaps he has had a chance to unlearn everything this farce for a coach threw upon him. I really believe that from everything I have read is that Sullivan is the rat everyone is looking for. He is a snake and totally incompetent. His only claim to fame is that he developed Boldin, I think it was the other way around.
Share 49ersWebzone