There are 245 users in the forums

Smith + Crabtree = disaster (statistical proof)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
If Alex Smith would just hit Crabtree in stride, between the numbers, this clearly wouldn't be an issue.

that would happen if Crabtree ran the correct route
If Alex Smith would just hit Crabtree in stride, between the numbers, this clearly wouldn't be an issue.

kinda hard to do when he's not where he's supposed to be. Timing is everything in the passing game. Crabtree and Smith are obviously not on the same page.

that's so sad. lol.

dude wants to be a #1 receiver and other then a few times this season, the ball has to be pretty much placed in the chest for him not to slap it into the air for a interception
why don't you include last years numbers....
As far as I'm concerned they both share an equal part of the blame.

-9fA
4 out 5 Dentists Chew Trident
Cause before Crabtree got here Smith was tearing the NFL a new azzhole!....Damn you Crabtree for ruining a national treasure and greatest Qb in Niner history!

rename this tread:

"IT'S NOT HIS FAULT PART 6: The Check-Down Menace"
Originally posted by Method:
smh at the first two responses. I could have bet on a handful of posters who would post the same f**king dumbf**king comment "alex smith = disaster" and bigmike + billbird would have been one of the few I would have listed.

Very original. Nice job guys.

So are you saying The Alex Smith experiment has been a great success? IMO it has been a disaster. Nothing against the guy personally, I just don't think he is a good QB.
[ Edited by bigmike55 on Sep 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by bigmike55:
smh at the first two responses. I could have bet on a handful of posters who would post the same f**king dumbf**king comment "alex smith = disaster" and bigmike + billbird would have been one of the few I would have listed.

So are you saying The Alex Smith experiment has been a great success?

Doesn't it say to you that maybe Crabtree is having some problems as well? The other receivers have the same QB throwing to them that is throwing to Crabs. They seem to be getting dramatically better results.
[ Edited by BHulman on Sep 30, 2010 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Cause before Crabtree got here Smith was tearing the NFL a new azzhole!....Damn you Crabtree for ruining a national treasure and greatest Qb in Niner history!

rename this tread:

wow ignoranace at its finest

last year he did good every1 ahs agreed ont hat not great but good with 18 tds in 10.5 gamess this year it clearly states that his passer raring would improve drastically if crabtree ran the right route etc and notice how other WR and TE arent affected and dropping passes etc its only crabtree

please read the article before commenting and if u did read it take an english course cause u did not understand it

Originally posted by BHulman:

Doesn't it say to you that maybe Crabtree is having some problems as well? The other receivers have the same QB throwing to them as well.

Statistics are very deceiving. If we take a look at some memorable bad passes this season, I can think of a few... First, the overthrow to Moron Norris. Sure Norris was not the best option for that play, but Alex f'd that one up and everybody including him knows it.

The overthrow to Gore which ended up in a pick for the Saints, easy pass, he f'd it up again. So many poor throws and decisions that statistics can't show.

Doesn't it say to you that maybe Crabtree is having some problems as well? The other receivers have the same QB throwing to them as well.

Statistics are very deceiving. If we take a look at some memorable bad passes this season, I can think of a few... First, the overthrow to Moron Norris. Sure Norris was not the best option for that play, but Alex f'd that one up and everybody including him knows it.

The overthrow to Gore which ended up in a pick for the Saints, easy pass, he f'd it up again. So many poor throws and decisions that statistics can't show.

thats two.... honestly smith has been pretty on target this season only problem is that they have been short throws this week well see if alex still does short theows its alexs fault if he throws it deep more than its playcalling

Setting Smith aside, don't these stats help make evident what we were already seeing: Crabtree is struggling.
Smith + 49ers = disaster/fail/nightmare
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:

rename this tread:

wow ignoranace at its finest

last year he did good every1 ahs agreed ont hat not great but good with 18 tds in 10.5 gamess this year it clearly states that his passer raring would improve drastically if crabtree ran the right route etc and notice how other WR and TE arent affected and dropping passes etc its only crabtree

please read the article before commenting and if u did read it take an english course cause u did not understand it

I agreed with it.....where's the f**king Alex Smith Kool-Aid I'm thirsty ! You guys won me over "F -Joe" "F-Steve" The Great Alex Smith will led us to 6 Super Bowls!!!
Share 49ersWebzone