LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Seriously?? How difficult is it to utilize your personnel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sitting just thinking of this teams offensive weapons.

Crabs, Morgan, Zeigler, Ginn (when healthy),Hill, and the rookie Williams
Gore, Westbroke, Dixon
Davis, Walker.....

Now our WR are not the greatest but do we ever move Crabs to the Slot WR??? Or why not try the speedy rookie Williams in the Slot? Why don't we run a 2 RB set with Gore and Westbrook on the field at the same time? Or put Gore and Dixon in the backfield at the same time?

Davis and Walker are mismatches for EVERY defense we face. Walker has good hands and nasty YAC. Davis can beat LB, Safetys, and CB's. I really do not understand this team? the talent is there I believe.... wtf?
With Raye gone and Singletary's sweet ass in the hot seat, I'm sure we'll see what we can do with what we have. I found myself asking those same questions during/after every game so far this season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You have to have a qb that can make the throws consistently
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Gore, Westbroke, Dixon
Davis, Walker.....

Now our WR are not the greatest but do we ever move Crabs to the Slot WR??? Or why not try the speedy rookie Williams in the Slot? Why don't we run a 2 RB set with Gore and Westbrook on the field at the same time? Or put Gore and Dixon in the backfield at the same time?

Davis and Walker are mismatches for EVERY defense we face. Walker has good hands and nasty YAC. Davis can beat LB, Safetys, and CB's. I really do not understand this team? the talent is there I believe.... wtf?

Raye did state that he wanted to use Crabtree in the slot but due to his injury they never had a chance to practice it or work on it at all.
going foward, im sure thats what we will do, going foward
Originally posted by lamontb:

Gore, Westbroke, Dixon
Davis, Walker.....

Raye did state that he wanted to use Crabtree in the slot but due to his injury they never had a chance to practice it or work on it at all.

they still worked at it when Crabs came back
Originally posted by susweel:

therein lies the key.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
With Raye gone and Singletary's sweet ass in the hot seat, I'm sure we'll see what we can do with what we have. I found myself asking those same questions during/after every game so far this season.

Seriously.. This is just unacceptable from a coaching staff. If no progress is made then there must be mass scale changes.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Raye has tunnel version. He figured running into a brick wall enough times that it would break at some point. He couldn't adapt to any changes. Maybe he didn't know how to use the other tools in his toolkit.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

therein lies the key.

Ok I can agree with that statement to an extent. But we have lacked some serious creativity on our part. Smith is very inconsitent, but has shown when given time he can find guys....

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

therein lies the key.

Ok I can agree with that statement to an extent. But we have lacked some serious creativity on our part. Smith is very inconsitent, but has shown when given time he can find guys....

Sometimes
Brian Westbrook? Never heard of him
--Jimmy Raye

therein lies the key.

Yea, we have, but Alex and the entire team has been way too inconsistent. The inconsistency is actually the only consistency. We'll find out how much of that can be tired to the OC soon.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
--Jimmy Raye

More like

"Never he.........................
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
--Jimmy Raye

"I must've been asleep when we signed him."
Share 49ersWebzone