LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Seriously?? How difficult is it to utilize your personnel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
extrmely hard if youre jimmy raye
It isn't. Sadly, professional sports teams are often ran by incompetent billionaires who hire the same tired minds who go from one job to the next because they're routinely not getting it done and can't retain their job. After listening to Mike Johnson's press conference today, I'm not too optimistic about the future. He didn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed and I heard Kevin Harlan echoe the same sentiments on the radio earlier this week. I with the 49ers would give me a call, I'd have the offense running at peak performance within a few weeks.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
With Raye gone and Singletary's sweet ass in the hot seat, I'm sure we'll see what we can do with what we have. I found myself asking those same questions during/after every game so far this season.

Seriously.. This is just unacceptable from a coaching staff. If no progress is made then there must be mass scale changes.

I agree, and it's obvious our Ownership has no clue how to run a professional business, this isn't hockey & building malls york's get with it.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The best thing I've heard so far about all this is that Johnson is going to position coaches to figure out how best to implement their respective positions. I'm a fan of this type of thing because I always believe the best thing you can do as a leader is listen to what the f*ck other people say.

All I know is this, we're gonna see a very different offense on Sunday. Sing is fighting for his ass, if he doesn't loosen up on his pound the rock BS then he never will.

We lose this game our playoff chances are done.
Originally posted by Antix:
The best thing I've heard so far about all this is that Johnson is going to position coaches to figure out how best to implement their respective positions. I'm a fan of this type of thing because I always believe the best thing you can do as a leader is listen to what the f*ck other people say.

All I know is this, we're gonna see a very different offense on Sunday. Sing is fighting for his ass, if he doesn't loosen up on his pound the rock BS then he never will.

We lose this game our playoff chances are done.

Mike Singletary has no say over anything at this point. He has been told where he stands and he knows that he has nothing to bring to the table at this point.
I'm sitting just thinking of this teams offensive weapons.

Crabs, Morgan, Zeigler, Ginn (when healthy),Hill, and the rookie Williams
Gore, Westbroke, Dixon
Davis, Walker.....

Now our WR are not the greatest but do we ever move Crabs to the Slot WR??? Or why not try the speedy rookie Williams in the Slot? Why don't we run a 2 RB set with Gore and Westbrook on the field at the same time? Or put Gore and Dixon in the backfield at the same time?

Davis and Walker are mismatches for EVERY defense we face. Walker has good hands and nasty YAC. Davis can beat LB, Safetys, and CB's. I really do not understand this team? the talent is there I believe.... wtf?

Why no mention of Alex Smith?
Originally posted by NattoNiner:

Gore, Westbroke, Dixon
Davis, Walker.....

Now our WR are not the greatest but do we ever move Crabs to the Slot WR??? Or why not try the speedy rookie Williams in the Slot? Why don't we run a 2 RB set with Gore and Westbrook on the field at the same time? Or put Gore and Dixon in the backfield at the same time?

Davis and Walker are mismatches for EVERY defense we face. Walker has good hands and nasty YAC. Davis can beat LB, Safetys, and CB's. I really do not understand this team? the talent is there I believe.... wtf?

Why no mention of Alex Smith?

...you really need an answer to that?
This is the NFL dude. Talent alone won't guarantee production. The coaches have to be able to make the right decisions and the front lines need to do their job. It should be no suprise that the offense moved down the field so easily against the Saints when the oline was having it's best game in years.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by susweel:
You have to have a qb that can make the throws consistently

therein lies the key.

Ok I can agree with that statement to an extent. But we have lacked some serious creativity on our part. Smith is very inconsitent, but has shown when given time he can find guys....

Hugh Grant could find guys if you gave him time... I don't like Smith and wouldn't want Grant as our QB either

[ Edited by MNNinerfan on Sep 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by MNNinerfan:

therein lies the key.

Ok I can agree with that statement to an extent. But we have lacked some serious creativity on our part. Smith is very inconsitent, but has shown when given time he can find guys....

Hugh Grant could find guys if you gave him time... I don't like Smith and wouldn't want Grant as our QB either

Welcome to the zone

That said, Divine Brown wasn't a Tranny

She was a Crack Ho

Now, George Michael . . . That's a different story

its hard to utilize your personnel when all you want to do is run run run and nothing more
I share everyone's pain, but those who just demand that Alex be benched or cut do not seem to appreciate that finding another Manning, Brady, Brees or Rodgers is not easy. Even a high draft pick next year does not necessarily result in a major turn of fortunes - at least not right away. So what to do?

This team (HC, OC, and players) must play lights out. This means being brilliant for a change. This means near perfect excution. No missed assignments. No dumb penalties. No fumbles. No dropped passes. And, yes, Alex must revert to his best self. He needs to be coached. Someone who knows how to coach a QB. He can do very well at times - he has the talent. Walsh once said, "Let me see an athlete's best ten plays, and I can coach him to do it consistently."

Alex's stats this year reflect good numbers if you eliminate the passes to Crabtree. With improved game plans, play-calling and mid-game adjustments, we should do well.
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
This is the NFL dude. Talent alone won't guarantee production. The coaches have to be able to make the right decisions and the front lines need to do their job. It should be no suprise that the offense moved down the field so easily against the Saints when the oline was having it's best game in years.
True talent alone won't get it done which I guess is the point I'm trying to make. Our coaches are really that incompetent.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Great thread title. I think everyone's been thinking this...

Personally, I wanted to see me some Westbrook. I kinda don't care how but maybe not up the middle.

How bout some plays designed to show pass and let Alex run when things break down. Every time Smith ran, we made yardage.

Dixon in some of the short yardage situations or as a switch up to Gore a few times would have been good to see.

Crabtree actually catching some passes would be nice. The guy is supposed to be our #1 wideout and his "production" is ridiculous.

I thought Nate Byam played well. Why not put him in more? I really don't want to see more than 100 plays of Gore rushing up the middle behind Norris per game. It's cool the first 50 times but then I lose interest.

Gore, Westbroke, Dixon
Davis, Walker.....

Originally posted by MNNinerfan:

therein lies the key.

Share 49ersWebzone