LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 312 users in the forums

QBs we could have had.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

QBs we could have had.....

Originally posted by Leathaface:
^It's insane how good that guy has gotten.

Don't remind me.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
None of those guys have the excuses for failure and the potential of Alex Smith.

I just REALLY love the confidence he gives out. Seriously.

when I see him walk around and play, it just feels like...even if they lose, he felt they could win it that whole time till the end..and was going to put all his talent out there to try and get it done.
Originally posted by BobS:
None of those guys have the excuses for failure and the potential of Alex Smith.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:

I was just parroting what I hear at the Webzone.
  • dj43

The crazy part of that is the Mike McCarthy wanted Smith over Rodgers. Now McCarthy is in Green Bay coaching Rodgers.

I know a lot of people thought Norv Turner was the best OC since the '90s but I think McCarthy has proven he is a top OC as well as a pretty good tutor of QBs.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
OMFG GUISE YOU LEFT OFF TOM BRADY!!! WE TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED HIM TOO!!!!

except everything else listed is realistic. People were suggesting all the above when in those time frames. In the Brady draft Tom Brady was not generally discussed by Niner fans. See the difference?

No I don't. It was just as likely we drafted Brady as we would have traded two 1sts and a 3rd for Jay the interception machine Cutler.
I think in a way alot of free agents don't want to come here because of our lousy stadium and ownership. Once SC is done I think we will see more demand due to stability of having that stadium and ownership moving in the right direction.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How do you explain idiot coaches and coordinators year after year? If Alex is the problem how do you explain sticking with him for 6 years?

The first question answers the second question perfectly. Good job.
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
hindsight is 20/20

Brees and Cutler were already proving to be very good QBs when they became available.

Your little cliche doesn't apply there.

Originally posted by bigmike55:

I was just parroting what I hear at the Webzone.

All good. I just think the little faces are cute.
changing the QB won't fix the issues with the OLine. The only QB who maybe had a chance to be successful with this team would have been Vick.
Me. And I was b***hin.
This thread makes me sad...
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
If Alex and Aaron traded situations, they might have traded careers. Maybe not, but it seems more likely than not.

No chance. Alex Smith can't even throw an accurate screen pass. He would have failed in Aaron Rodgers' position.

People need to kill it with the "we would have ruined Rodgers too" nonsense. Rodgers has a far better set of skills than Smith does, and we somehow made Smith look decent for 2 seasons. Things could have wound up completely different had we chosen him. He can make something out of nothing. Any way you look at it, his abilities are a major upgrade over Alex Smith's, so he might have had some success given the fact that even Alex experienced a little success of his own. A better QB in that situation equals even more success.
Share 49ersWebzone