LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Where is this season going?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BobS:
Yorks eating Singletary's contract and hiring Gruden or Cowher? I think I would have a better chance to flap my arms and be able to fly.

Well, they paid off Nolan.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
to hell
in my current state of mind i believe it's headed towards a waste management treatment plant
To hell in a handbasket.

The season is obviously going absolutely nowhere.

Sing does not know what he is doing; he endorses his OC after the KC game and fires him "on his own decision" the next day. Who can believe that ?

His credibility is lost and all the players know it. As long as he is around, nothing good is going to happen. The guy is a failure and has to go.

He was actually hired on his name as a player, but this does not make a good coach.

The problem is that he is still the HC, although we all know that he will be gone by the end of the season, if not earlier.

What do you want to build on that ? Nothing.

Total mismanagement will lead to another wasted season.
Originally posted by LivFreeOrdIHrd9r:
I feel like this season could go one of 2 ways. Either we turn it around and win the division or we throw it all away and start working on next season. I really am going to be sick if we have to wait around another 2-3 years for our team to come around again. I think if we play our cards right at the end of the season and hire Bill Cower or John Gruden, we can be in the playoffs in only a seasons time but that is in a perfect world. Reality is I am not about to give up on my niners. The way I look at it is this. Almost every team has a bad loosing streak of 2-3 games. Maybe we just had ours right off the bat? There is no question we have the talent to take us where we want to go. New OC Mike Johnson's #1 priority is to spread the ball and get it in the hands of our play makers. It's obvious Smith works better in the spread and when he does well in the spread Frank improves.

there you go. THeres your answer in a visual nutshell
another off season if we dont win the NFC west lol
This season is headed towards the #1 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft.
Obviously the hope here is Mike Johnson provides the offensive spark needed to turn this thing around. I think history is against this happening, as I can't remember the last time an in-season coordinator change worked out. So most likely, Singletary ends up gone after the season.

If this happens I really think Brian Billick would be a excellent option to replace him.

Now hear me out. Many want Cowher or Gruden, but I think money (and Gruden's shortcomings) keep both from being our next HC.

Billick would inherit a roster very similar to the ones he had tremendous success with in Baltimore. He's got a ready-made defense that's perhaps a CB and pass-rusher away from greatness. Also, he has a young, talented o-line, solid RB depth, and some high-potential receivers to work with. Much of the coaching staff could potentially be kept on as well. I'd say OC, WR coach, QB coach, DB coach, and LB coach as well as Special Teams Coordinator would be the ones needing replacement.

Billick's one major downfall in Baltimore was that he struck out at QB after Dilfer began falling off. Kyle Boller was a bust and because of that mishap Billick was gone. We have 2 decent-potential QBs here in Troy Smith and Nate Davis. With them, a vet in Carr, and no doubt a 1st round QB coming in, things could turn around quickly. This team has the pieces in place for a rookie QB to come in and have early success. We just need the proper coaching and I believe Billick has the mind and experience to make it happen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We're going 0-5 before we start winning games. 8-8 is still a possibility.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Check out this link everybody. If none of the things mentioned in the article, the above photo shows perfectly on what's going to happen to the season.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/1006899.html
[ Edited by LanceQ on Sep 29, 2010 at 5:11 AM ]
Probably land somewhere in the middle of the 2 extremes like everything else in life. I'm guessing 8-8 after we struggle to find our way before the by week and then bust some heads in the back half...I like your scenario's much better just for the record. Even if we get pumped this year, at least we'd have a crack at a top flight corner or pass rusher in the draft.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LivFreeOrdIHrd9r:
I feel like this season could go one of 2 ways. Either we turn it around and win the division or we throw it all away and start working on next season. I really am going to be sick if we have to wait around another 2-3 years for our team to come around again. I think if we play our cards right at the end of the season and hire Bill Cower or John Gruden, we can be in the playoffs in only a seasons time but that is in a perfect world. Reality is I am not about to give up on my niners. The way I look at it is this. Almost every team has a bad loosing streak of 2-3 games. Maybe we just had ours right off the bat? There is no question we have the talent to take us where we want to go. New OC Mike Johnson's #1 priority is to spread the ball and get it in the hands of our play makers. It's obvious Smith works better in the spread and when he does well in the spread Frank improves.

All it depends if we beat Atlanta , we can get our self confidence and play hard vs Eagles @ home then you never know?
Share 49ersWebzone