LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 434 users in the forums

Reasons to be optimistic, despite being 0-3. (At least I hope so.)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes, we've lost two games we really should have won. But the third we had no business winning and didn't deserve a single, solitary ounce of praise whatsoever. We were a steaming pile of crap last week and while I understand the optimism -- I'm trying to stay positive myself -- you can't help but be exceptionally worried that the team that was supposedly the "best in the West" this year has already endured two horrific blowouts. Blowouts that good teams just don't have in such a short span.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
There is 0-3 and there is 0-3. I would not mind being 0-3 if the team had played well, but both the O and the D are last or nearly last in the NFL. Sure, our opponents are 7-2, but 3 of the 7 wins were us! Who said we were any good in the first place? We were way over-rated. Sure, we will improve, but there is no other way to go. It is just so depressing, year after year. Trout, I'm glad for you that you can feel so good about it all.

I don't really feel that good. I just am far from giving up. It saddens me that so many people feel as they do.

Sorry, I guess I knew you're not feeling that good. I try to watch the Giants instead, but I don't even like baseball (compared to football).
Originally posted by elguapo:
the hardest part of our schedule is over with the road games against no and atl out of the way as well as the game at sea, the only game i see us losing in the last span after the bye week are at sd and at gb. I still think we go 9-7 to 10-6. even at 9-7, i think we win the division with ariz and sea finishing 7-9 to 8-8 anyway. No panicing here, our sched we all knew would be difficult and i think most of us said we would lose to NO, ATL and at SEA anyway, so before the bye most of us said 3 to 4 losses....still on pace

Pay attention man, do you watch the games? It is not just that we lose, but in Seattle and KC we looked pitiful. Pitiful! We are the worst team in the league right now, based on performance, adjusted for opposition. Worse than the Raiders. Worse than the Rams. Worse than the Browns. We could play a lot better and still finish last in our division. 0-3 and we are on pace for 10-6 or 9-7? Not the way we play!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yes, we've lost two games we really should have won. But the third we had no business winning and didn't deserve a single, solitary ounce of praise whatsoever. We were a steaming pile of crap last week and while I understand the optimism -- I'm trying to stay positive myself -- you can't help but be exceptionally worried that the team that was supposedly the "best in the West" this year has already endured two horrific blowouts. Blowouts that good teams just don't have in such a short span.

You are totally right. We are not a good team. Right now we are an abysmally bad team.
As long as the Giants keep winning, my Sundays won't be so s**tty.

You are totally right. We are not a good team. Right now we are an abysmally bad team.

Right on! This team is abysmal, bad, pi** poor, and suck donkey di**....and we will then have five more years of re-building...
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

Right on! This team is abysmal, bad, pi** poor, and suck donkey di**....and we will then have five more years of re-building...

That's what I said... in my own way.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Yes, the media is down on our team (then again, when aren't they?). But why are you, if you're a fan? As fans, we should want to see our team do well, regardless of the situation! We should want to believe that they can turn it around. We should want to remember that less than a month ago we understood that they were a young, up and coming, talented football team. How did we know this? Well, we've been watching them play for the last few years and we've been watching them progress and we witnessed them barely get edged out of the playoffs last year, mostly by their own doing.

Here's a quick reminder that I think many people have forgotten. A football schedule consists of 16 games that are played over the course of 17 weeks. In any given football season, many teams will go on three or more game winning streaks, three or more game losing streaks, etc. Some teams that start off 2-0 fall far from making the playoffs, some that start 0-2 do make the playoffs. Heck, some teams that start 0-3 even make the playoffs.

Look at how we've arrived at 0-3.

Week 1 - A disappointing loss due to BEATING OURSELVES at the loudest stadium in the league.
Week 2- A disappointing loss to the defending world champs after turing the ball over four times in addition to snapping the ball through the back of the endzone.
Week 3 - A bad game, by and large, against what might be an underrated opponent.

Combined, we've lost to three teams that are 7-2 and would be 8-1 if Hartley had made his chipshot last week. In other words, we've been beaten by decent teams, or in venues that are hard to win in.

On the bright side, we have 13 games left to play, and the middle of our schedule is very soft and could present an opportunity for the 49ers to go on the longest winning streak they've been on in recent memory.

I know it is hard to imagine being 0-3, but I'd like for everyone to remember that we are indeed a talented football team and we proved last year that we could compete with the very best talent. Hell, we proved last Monday night that we could compete with the very best talent.

As fans, we need to quit being so up and down. It isn't go for us or our organization. All we can do is hope for the best and cheer our guys along. If our coaches can get their acts together, we can start thumping teams the way we thought we were going to heading into the season.

Through the first three weeks, we saw a boring offensinve attack, lead by a man who we knew was more than capable of leading a boring and unimaginative attack. But he is gone now. And in his place is the younger, unproven, but 2-0 as an OC, Mike Johnson.

We very well could see a new football team on offense come Week 4, or Week 5. Don't forget we have talents in Gore, Davis, Westbrook, Morgan, Walker, Smith, Dixon, Zeigler and Crabtree (and yes he deserves to be last on the list).

I'll close with this: We are a talented football team! We are the most talented football team in our division! We have 13 weeks left to prove it! If you want to jump off the bus, go for it. But do us all a favor who are sick and tired of reading the same negative posts from the same posters throughout the entire day, and jump off of the message board as well.

If we can go 8-5 or better, and finish at 8-8, the division is likely ours. If you've looked at our schedule and you don't think that is attainable, I'm amazed you've had strong enough faith in this team to hang on the bus for this long.

THE SEASON IS NOT OVER! THIS IS STILL OUR YEAR!

Are you on druuuggs???

This GIF is awesome.
I agree with the original poster, I think people are being way too negative all at once, too up and down, and there's plenty of time to fix this. Singletary had a pretty sucessful first year and a half, although it could've been better.

Here's what's really bothering me, the latest of these bad signs about the direction of the team: Anyone think o themselves if we were going to have a wide open passing attack, shouldn't we have just kept Mike Martz?Doesn't it really aggravate everyone that Martz is doing well with a QB we could have traded for in the same offseason that we could have had Michael Vick but we thought nah we got a failed no.1 pick with no confidence (according to raye) whose lost three Training Camps to guys named Rattay, O'Sullivan, and Hill and another guy, well, Hill--a 7th round pick with no arm.

The bad decisions in retrospect is almost as much a part of this as the bad fortune on the field.

Originally posted by Surly-Z:
I agree with the original poster, I think people are being way too negative all at once, too up and down, and there's plenty of time to fix this. Singletary had a pretty sucessful first year and a half, although it could've been better.

Here's what's really bothering me, the latest of these bad signs about the direction of the team: Anyone think o themselves if we were going to have a wide open passing attack, shouldn't we have just kept Mike Martz?Doesn't it really aggravate everyone that Martz is doing well with a QB we could have traded for in the same offseason that we could have had Michael Vick but we thought nah we got a failed no.1 pick with no confidence (according to raye) whose lost three Training Camps to guys named Rattay, O'Sullivan, and Hill and another guy, well, Hill--a 7th round pick with no arm.

The bad decisions in retrospect is almost as much a part of this as the bad fortune on the field.

Alex never lost his job to Rattay, dumba**, Rattay went to Tampa Bay the year that Alex was drafted. There has been bad judgment since 2002 and no signs of it changing...welcome to the Land of of the Lost...
Originally posted by verb1der:
Like I said, I'll drink a little more kool-aid...I'm just going to stop talking trash to my Raider co-workers. lol

There's no reason to do that... Come the end of the year, we'll still have more wins than those losers do.

You're right about that.
Originally posted by Surly-Z:

I didn't want Cutler. I did want Vick.
  • Mex49
Only three teams have ever started 0-3 and made the playoffs. 0-4 and 0-5 is right around the corner. How is that for positive
Share 49ersWebzone